Bridgeport, CT
University of Bridgeport

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Bridgeport

Tyquasia

What is so unique about my school compared to other schools i considered is that it is much more closer to home, the transportation is conveint, there is no out of state tution, and they offered me money in a scholarship.

If i could go back in time knowing what i know now about college life and making the transition, the advice i would give myself is to save all the money i receive, get a job, always look for scholarships, and come to college with a much better mind set.

what I consider to be the best thing about my school is how much they do and want to help me. One example is receivinh scholarships. They referred me to many different websites such as yours to continue to help me pay for college.

Andrea

Graduating high school and getting accepted to college may seem exciting and easy, but without the motivation and confidence college may become one's downfall. College is a new door to the beginning of an adventure. The most important thing about college is not about how many parties you attend or what fraternity you join, but keeping your goals and dreams priority. It is important to have fun and experience the college life, but like they say drink in moderation. It's not about memorizing every single word in the book. Just trust the process of learning and believe that everything has a purpose. Study hard, be prepared for everything, trust yourself and be consistent.

Denise

The advice I would give myself would be to be prepared to be independant and balance life. Balancing life is very important because there is no one telling you what to do, such as when do to homework, clean, eat, or socialize. It is important to also prepare yourself for the atmopshere that you will be in. Going away for college changes your usual atmosphere to a strange one, and it will take time to get use to it. I would also tell myself to not be afriad to speak your opinion and ask questions. Espcially when there is no adult to ask the questions for you. Also to be prepared to miss home, but going to school close by will make it easier to get home for a weekend. Lastely I would tell myself to balance money because when living at college where the food is not great and there is a mall nearby it is easy to lose control of how much money is being spent.

I wish I had known more about financial aid because I could have appealed my award letter so I could recieve more money.

The crazy majors that are offered, such as Martial Arts. Also how small, but beautiful the campus is. The Long Island Sound that is five minutes from campus and the great pepole that are on campus.

Joycelyn

As of my college experience today, i have gotten a great deal of help in my education and knowledge of the world. In my first semester I took on classes that tought better ways to be successful in class. It wasn't hard to understand my classes and teachers. Unlike, highschool college has been something that i enjoy doing. I hope that I will complete my 2-year Commuity College education by the endof this year and immediatley go into a four year college degree program. College has given me time to think and really realize what i plan on doing for the rest of my life. Without the college education that I am now trying to obtain I wouldn't know what to do but jouin the Army or Navy. Thanks to the knowledge, information, and strength taught to me by my instructors I will never have that regret and feeling's that I could have or should have completed my education. In the end college may not be for everyone but i am grateful for what college has done for me.

Luis

The University of Bridgeport is a very small school in size (Campus, Students, Staff). You begin to meet everyone on campus and see familiar faces everyday. Everyone on Campus is really nice, as well as the teachers. Its size allows teachers to spend more time with you on subjects you might not grasp well. It's not like other schools where you're stuck in a room with 100 students and a teacher that barely knows your name. There are always activities for students so you're never bored.

Before attending college I really didn't care for learning music theory, notes, etc on the guitar. My first semester of college was filled with so much knowledge and has shaped me into a better musician. In my other classes such as English and First Year Seminar it really got me thinking. In highschool I hated to read, I hated doing homework but in college I enjoy it. College has really helped me want to learn and obtain the education I need for my field.

I think the amount of support they give. The financial aid is great. About 98% of students receieve financial aid. I am currently a music major and the music program is great! I believe that's the best part of the school. The music program has amazing teachers who are composers themselves and also a teacher who is a music engineer who creates robots that play music. It's quite fascinating.

Lisa

My college experience has been a valuable time of discovery. I have learned more about who I am and how others see the world. I have discovered that it is never too late to accomplish your goals and realize your dreams. Since completing my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, I am currently working towards my Master's Degree in Education. One day I will be a Middle School Math Teacher and pass my experiences onto our future leaders.

I consider the professors to be the best thing about the University of Bridgeport. They help us learn about the world around us, but also help us see who we are ourselves. They are encouraging, enlightening, and helping to shape our future.

A person who is not willing to work diligently and allow themself to grow intellectually should not attend the University of Bridgeport.

Right out of high school I went to a 2-year college and in the process of transferring to SDSU. I have been very pleased on the way I approached going to college and think it’s the best way. Whether to go to college or not shouldn’t be up for discussion, everyone should go to college. Whether to go to a 2-year college first, or what college to attend is the question. I have learned so much in college that I never expected; I have built social bonds with friends, and academic connection with teachers. Even if you can’t get into an Ivy League University, doesn’t mean you should give up because everyone can make a difference and going to college makes it easier for you to stand up for what you believe in while be around people like yourself. If I didn’t go to college I would be still at work going nowhere in life, while the price of living keeps increasing and my learning intake comes to a halt. People out of high school are too young to stop receiving an education and it has been more than worth it for me.

Amber

I have gotten a great deal of responsibility out of my college experience. I have learned how to manage my own money, get to my many classes on time, and handle situations on my own. I have to find ways to pay for college for the next four years through scholarships and all of this falls under the umbrella of responsibility. I currently have an on campus job dealing with my major and I love every second of it. The money that I receive from this job I use for my college expenses. The University that I attend is $40,000 a year, and it is a private University, and books are about $750 a semester term. Education its self is expensive, and I need to find ways to pay for it now, instead of paying for it later, when I have to pay off these laons. Another reason the school is valuable to attend is because this school has my major, and I wanted to have the college experience instead of going to an Art Institute and living home, so going away to college was good for me.

The University of Bridgeport is a fairly small school, and that’s one great aspect. It’s similar to a home environment and a little community within itself. The teachers are great to talk to, and they are very understanding about everything. They do want you to succeed, but you yourself also have to want that for yourself, so you have to make communication with your professors. We are such a diverse school, and this way we get to learn about all the cultures existing in the world today. This is a good aspect in any college or university.

My University is very Diverse, probably beacuse of the many majors that we offer such as Dental Hygienist and Marshal Arts, and we also have our own Art School entitled The Shintaro Akatsu School of Design which house ALL of our art majors, and I'm apart of the of The Shintaro Akatsu School of Design, because my major is Graphic Design.

tyresa

My school is a great place to be away from home.

My school is a great place to be away from home.

I believe a college experience is important to my life. It will help me toform as a perso, in addition to creating a foundation for my career in journalism/communications. It's an important personal goal for me and my mom.

It makes you feel welcome. The environment and student body were deciding factors in my selection. I fell in love with the campus on "Accepted Students Day". The events have always been organized with friendly students and faculty. I want to feel welcomed and invited since this will be my first time away from home. In addition it's only 3 hours from New York.

Candice

ATTENDING COLLEGE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL WAS IMPORTANT TO ME BECAUSE MY FAMILY THOUGHT I COULDN'T ACCOMPLISH A DEGREE. I GAINED VALUABLE COMPUTER SKILLS USABLE IN EVERYDAY LIFE AS WELLAS WORK FEILDS. THE VALUE IN ATTENDING COLLEGE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL OPENS UP OPPORTUNITES FOR ADVANCEMENT EARLY IN LIFE AS WELL AS A DEGREE TO GO ANY PATH YOU CHOOSE. YOU MAY CONTINUE YOUR EDUCATION, OR PURSUE YOUR FEILD OF STUDY. I THINK IT'S ALWAYS BEST TO GET AS MUCH EDUCATION AS POSSIBLE WHILE YOU CAN. YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE IT CAN TAKE YOU.

University of Bridgeport administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.