Bridgeport, CT
University of Bridgeport

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Bridgeport

Lizbeth

My experience at the university of bridgeport, has been one of the best college experiences I have had, since I am not a social person this place was perfect for me it has helped me open up in many differest ways, such as in the the Human services classes it has helped me to be able to interact with others and gain more confidence to go out there to the world and let everyone know who I am and what I have to offer. I have been able to discover qualities I never knew I had. It has been valuable to attend because it helps many open up to different ideas and discover one self.

Teresa

its best known for their denstiry school and chiroprator. they are also known for giving in a good amonunt of fin aid to students who are coming out of state. The proffessors know all their students since the school has about 45 students in a literature hall classroom.

well i have not yet started my school year and i havent finished. but i have friends in my school and i have visted numerous amounts of times and everytime i visit i see different people hanging together and i see alot of posters for events going on in the school. they also have a very good safety plan by providing us with a PAL which is a device we carry with us at all times. also i love the attention and dedications my professors have with me as a student they try their hardest to educate us and help us develop skills for the world we face as we graduate college. but i am really looking forward to finish my bio major at this school where my professor for my major care and provide me with any of the help i may need to suceed.

I brag about all the help they give you when it comes to classes and getting involved with your professors. I also brag about their dedication to us as students when it comes to questions to the administration. I also enjoy how my school is inviolved with community services, and in uniting the students by having different activites going on. My school is by far very diverse and students tend to all know each other because we are all mixed in from different communities and places.

cristy

My curiosity of the nursing field was sparked when I was a little girl. My best friend’s mother was an ER nurse and she would often take us into her work place. I was amazed at how her care affected people so deeply. I thought it would be a very rewarding career to help people in need. As an adult I began to set the goals I would need to achieve to become a nurse. My nursing pre-requisites were my first priority. I also completed EMT training and certification as I thought this would be a good start for my career. I now work at Sutter Roseville Medical Center in the Trauma/Emergency Department. I have gained a great deal of knowledge and experience working here while always ensuring great patient care. I am also involved with Angel Points at SRMC, which is a community service program. Whether at work, school or play I give it my all. I am ready to take this final step in completing my goal .

Amy

My classmates have a carreer focused, no nonsense, lets get it done approach to their degree.

Attending college has relieved much of the ignorance associated with growing up in a primarily white town. It has taught me so much aboult real life. As a child and young adult, my exposure to other cultures was limited. Attending the University of Bridgeport has opened my eyes to a world that I once feared. I have found many admirable customs and traditions amongst my fellow classmates. I have learned that different cultures can live uniquely side by side. Knowledge can be aquired in any college or university, but the real life lessons learned simply by interacting with my classmates are what I value most about my education. My experience will continue to be of value as I persue a carreer in this multicultural community.

The University of Bridgeport is a highly diverse student body. The students are incouraged to speak freely and are expected to listen quietly. Someone that has a hard time accepting that each student has their own opionion on many controversial subjects should visit a classroom before commiting themselves to the University. This University probably wouldn't be a good choice for a person that does not feel comfortable amongst other races.

luz

I believe that college experience is very important especially to succeed in todays economy, change and education is importan...

I believe that college experience is very important especially to succeed in todays economy, change and education is important.

I think the people that should attend this school should be students who are focused and are willing to learn about different styles of learning..

Different cultures and athneticies..

I attended college 2006-2009 and loved every minute of it. I went for interior design where I learned so much about myself and my creative side. I also learned to network in the design field which is a "gotta know a guy" type of industry. I found self confidence and a new level of self-esteem in my school days. I was able to work on the 2008 Las Vegas Parade of Homes ASID showcase house which was worth over $18.5 mil. I truly am a new found person from that experience. I have recently decided that since the economy has been rather fickle for me to go ahead and take out loans to be a dental assistant because of my past college experience. I found that I love social interaction, and helping people. I'd rather help the ill fated with their dental hygiene than fortunate people with making their homes even better. I feel that going to school was the best thing that could have happened to me. I found a love for life and people, and I realized my true destiny is to help people less fortunate than me with my dental assistant training.

Giovanna

College in general acts as a catalyst for growth within a person self and to further a person's education. It will be a valuable experience to attend because of all the doors i open with a college degree. Making the decision to attend college is a choice valuable within itself because you become one step closer to having a career. Out of my college experience i have gotten closer to having a degree and to becoming successful. In addition to this, my college experience has allowed me to grow as a person and to find who i am. The jounrey to becoming successful, meeting new people, growing as a person are all valuable experiences to endure.

Compared to the other schools i considered Bridgeport is more diverse and offers more activities. In addition to this, Bridgeport offered academic scholarships which was something the other schools didnt offer.

A person who havent shown any progression in the 4 yrs of High School. Someone who is a under achiever shouldnt attend this school because the determination to work is low. Someone with no resume; meaning that the person has no academic achievements or done any volunteer work. A person who is easily distracted shouldnt attend this college because self motivation is the key to success. If they are easily distracted they are most likely to have their priorities misconscrewed.

douglas

College has been the most valuable thing in my lifetime. During high school I was a very unmotivated individual, shy, withdrawn, and generally disinterested in life. After joining college and taking classes from specialized individuals that seem to care more about their area of expertise than anyone in high school ever did and also being a part of the clubs on campus. Specifically the Model United Nations team that served to guide me through my choices as to what I want to major in and what career I want to enter into. It has also served to promote leadership, organizational skills, researching skills, prioritization, fundraising, time management, public speaking, and cooperational skills necessary to succeed in school and even in life. The teachers are fantastic ways to learn from even outside of the classroom as their experience and advice in life is unparalleled proving to be very helpful in deciding what to do with my life as well as aiding me to form my own opinions towards matters. College has opened my eyes to a larger world around me and is preparing me to become a solid worldly citizen capable of making important decisions.

Emina

Closed minded people who are not open to new people and ideas. Negative peple who bring others down.

A college education is more then just an expensive piece of paper. It is not only the cumulation of four years of undergraduate work but of twelve years of primary and secondary education as well as twenty one (plus) years of continous education. During college you take classes that not only "teach" you a particular subject but that teach you how to apply what you where taught to novel situations. You learn to think abstractly, to support your arguments and to work with others in order to further your own edcuation. However college is about more then just academics it prepares us for adulthood by allowing us to develop not only our minds but also ourselevs. Confined in the bubble that is a campus college students are able to experiment and discover what matters to them. The ultimate payoff one can get from a college degree is when you realize that it has prepared you for the "real" world, that you have gained skills that can be applied for the rest of your life and that you keep your love of learning alive long after the dimploma is hung on the wall.

shaunette

My classmates at University of Bridgeport are upbeat, focus, intelligent and ready to change the world for the better.

MY COLLEGE EXPERIENCE @ UB WAS GREAT. THIS EXPERIENCE ALLOWS ME TO MEET NEW PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD AND TO LOVE AND APPRECIATE THEM AS AN INDIVIDUAL. THIS EXPERIENCE MADE ME READY TO FACE THE NEW WORLD AND TO BE ABLE TO WORK WITH PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT ETHNIC BACK GROUND WITHOUT HAVEING ANG FEAR THEM BECAUSE OF THE STEROTYP THAT WAS PLACED UPON THEM. ATTENDING COLLEGE WAS SO VALUABLE TO ME FRIST IT MAKES A BETTER CITIZEN AND A MORE VALUABLE ASSET TO SOCIETY, IT ALLOWS ME TO PULL MY FAMILY OUT OF POVERTY, BUT MOST OF ALL THIS EXPERIENCE MAKES ME SET A STANDARD FOR FOR CHILDREN AND THE NEXT GENERATION.

The most frustrating thing about University of Bridgeport is the high tuition. I believe that the tuition is just too high. With todays economny on the down side and the need for higher learning to face this technological society, haviing to pay such hiogh cost tuition will put a dent in the future of those of us who wants to go back to school. Going back to school and getting an education is the ticket out of poverty, and when education is denied because of the cost, one can conclude that the cycle of poverty is not broken but continues.

University of Bridgeport administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.