Bridgeport, CT
University of Bridgeport

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Bridgeport

Lisa

My college experience has been a valuable time of discovery. I have learned more about who I am and how others see the world. I have discovered that it is never too late to accomplish your goals and realize your dreams. Since completing my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, I am currently working towards my Master's Degree in Education. One day I will be a Middle School Math Teacher and pass my experiences onto our future leaders.

I consider the professors to be the best thing about the University of Bridgeport. They help us learn about the world around us, but also help us see who we are ourselves. They are encouraging, enlightening, and helping to shape our future.

A person who is not willing to work diligently and allow themself to grow intellectually should not attend the University of Bridgeport.

Right out of high school I went to a 2-year college and in the process of transferring to SDSU. I have been very pleased on the way I approached going to college and think it’s the best way. Whether to go to college or not shouldn’t be up for discussion, everyone should go to college. Whether to go to a 2-year college first, or what college to attend is the question. I have learned so much in college that I never expected; I have built social bonds with friends, and academic connection with teachers. Even if you can’t get into an Ivy League University, doesn’t mean you should give up because everyone can make a difference and going to college makes it easier for you to stand up for what you believe in while be around people like yourself. If I didn’t go to college I would be still at work going nowhere in life, while the price of living keeps increasing and my learning intake comes to a halt. People out of high school are too young to stop receiving an education and it has been more than worth it for me.

Amber

I have gotten a great deal of responsibility out of my college experience. I have learned how to manage my own money, get to my many classes on time, and handle situations on my own. I have to find ways to pay for college for the next four years through scholarships and all of this falls under the umbrella of responsibility. I currently have an on campus job dealing with my major and I love every second of it. The money that I receive from this job I use for my college expenses. The University that I attend is $40,000 a year, and it is a private University, and books are about $750 a semester term. Education its self is expensive, and I need to find ways to pay for it now, instead of paying for it later, when I have to pay off these laons. Another reason the school is valuable to attend is because this school has my major, and I wanted to have the college experience instead of going to an Art Institute and living home, so going away to college was good for me.

The University of Bridgeport is a fairly small school, and that’s one great aspect. It’s similar to a home environment and a little community within itself. The teachers are great to talk to, and they are very understanding about everything. They do want you to succeed, but you yourself also have to want that for yourself, so you have to make communication with your professors. We are such a diverse school, and this way we get to learn about all the cultures existing in the world today. This is a good aspect in any college or university.

My University is very Diverse, probably beacuse of the many majors that we offer such as Dental Hygienist and Marshal Arts, and we also have our own Art School entitled The Shintaro Akatsu School of Design which house ALL of our art majors, and I'm apart of the of The Shintaro Akatsu School of Design, because my major is Graphic Design.

tyresa

My school is a great place to be away from home.

My school is a great place to be away from home.

I believe a college experience is important to my life. It will help me toform as a perso, in addition to creating a foundation for my career in journalism/communications. It's an important personal goal for me and my mom.

It makes you feel welcome. The environment and student body were deciding factors in my selection. I fell in love with the campus on "Accepted Students Day". The events have always been organized with friendly students and faculty. I want to feel welcomed and invited since this will be my first time away from home. In addition it's only 3 hours from New York.

Candice

ATTENDING COLLEGE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL WAS IMPORTANT TO ME BECAUSE MY FAMILY THOUGHT I COULDN'T ACCOMPLISH A DEGREE. I GAINED VALUABLE COMPUTER SKILLS USABLE IN EVERYDAY LIFE AS WELLAS WORK FEILDS. THE VALUE IN ATTENDING COLLEGE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL OPENS UP OPPORTUNITES FOR ADVANCEMENT EARLY IN LIFE AS WELL AS A DEGREE TO GO ANY PATH YOU CHOOSE. YOU MAY CONTINUE YOUR EDUCATION, OR PURSUE YOUR FEILD OF STUDY. I THINK IT'S ALWAYS BEST TO GET AS MUCH EDUCATION AS POSSIBLE WHILE YOU CAN. YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE IT CAN TAKE YOU.

Lizbeth

My experience at the university of bridgeport, has been one of the best college experiences I have had, since I am not a social person this place was perfect for me it has helped me open up in many differest ways, such as in the the Human services classes it has helped me to be able to interact with others and gain more confidence to go out there to the world and let everyone know who I am and what I have to offer. I have been able to discover qualities I never knew I had. It has been valuable to attend because it helps many open up to different ideas and discover one self.

Teresa

its best known for their denstiry school and chiroprator. they are also known for giving in a good amonunt of fin aid to students who are coming out of state. The proffessors know all their students since the school has about 45 students in a literature hall classroom.

well i have not yet started my school year and i havent finished. but i have friends in my school and i have visted numerous amounts of times and everytime i visit i see different people hanging together and i see alot of posters for events going on in the school. they also have a very good safety plan by providing us with a PAL which is a device we carry with us at all times. also i love the attention and dedications my professors have with me as a student they try their hardest to educate us and help us develop skills for the world we face as we graduate college. but i am really looking forward to finish my bio major at this school where my professor for my major care and provide me with any of the help i may need to suceed.

I brag about all the help they give you when it comes to classes and getting involved with your professors. I also brag about their dedication to us as students when it comes to questions to the administration. I also enjoy how my school is inviolved with community services, and in uniting the students by having different activites going on. My school is by far very diverse and students tend to all know each other because we are all mixed in from different communities and places.

cristy

My curiosity of the nursing field was sparked when I was a little girl. My best friend’s mother was an ER nurse and she would often take us into her work place. I was amazed at how her care affected people so deeply. I thought it would be a very rewarding career to help people in need. As an adult I began to set the goals I would need to achieve to become a nurse. My nursing pre-requisites were my first priority. I also completed EMT training and certification as I thought this would be a good start for my career. I now work at Sutter Roseville Medical Center in the Trauma/Emergency Department. I have gained a great deal of knowledge and experience working here while always ensuring great patient care. I am also involved with Angel Points at SRMC, which is a community service program. Whether at work, school or play I give it my all. I am ready to take this final step in completing my goal .

Amy

My classmates have a carreer focused, no nonsense, lets get it done approach to their degree.

Attending college has relieved much of the ignorance associated with growing up in a primarily white town. It has taught me so much aboult real life. As a child and young adult, my exposure to other cultures was limited. Attending the University of Bridgeport has opened my eyes to a world that I once feared. I have found many admirable customs and traditions amongst my fellow classmates. I have learned that different cultures can live uniquely side by side. Knowledge can be aquired in any college or university, but the real life lessons learned simply by interacting with my classmates are what I value most about my education. My experience will continue to be of value as I persue a carreer in this multicultural community.

The University of Bridgeport is a highly diverse student body. The students are incouraged to speak freely and are expected to listen quietly. Someone that has a hard time accepting that each student has their own opionion on many controversial subjects should visit a classroom before commiting themselves to the University. This University probably wouldn't be a good choice for a person that does not feel comfortable amongst other races.

luz

Different cultures and athneticies..

Different cultures and athneticies..

I believe that college experience is very important especially to succeed in todays economy, change and education is important.

I think the people that should attend this school should be students who are focused and are willing to learn about different styles of learning..

University of Bridgeport administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.