Bridgeport, CT
University of Bridgeport

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Bridgeport

Gisneiry

Everyone comes into college with a mind set to have freedom and party, yes everyone denies it but it was truly my mind set. I was not expecting to actually learn something about myself. I thought high school gives you wings to fly but it is college and the knowledge you gain which actually allows an adolescent to fly to become an knowledgeable adult . Coming from the Bronx and being able to attend a university and lean things any of my own people will never learn in their live time gives me a sense of accomplishment. I believe these four years in my life can either make me or break me, and I know and believe I can make it.

Well the worst thing about UB I would have to say is the food they serve us. It is pretty hard to get use to the food because they serve the same food each day,unlike moms home cooked meals. In the Knights cafe the food is actually much better , but since you only get a certain amount of meals in the Knights cafe students tend to use them all up with in the first couple of weeks. They need to seriously improve on the food they feed us please!

An individual who does not want to be known should not attend University of Bridgeport because we are a small university somewhat like a community of students who come together.. Teachers will know your name and if you do not show up to class the professor will bring it to light in the following class. Also a person who is looking for an all "party school" should not attend UB because believe me they will be disappointed.

Marcel

The University of Bridgeport is an amazing school from the studeents to the faculty. The school has an awesome history to it and that's what really makes the school.

My classmates at the University of Bridgeport are fun, exciting, active students who has the desire to succed and has goals in life that they want to persue.

When I can into college, I really didn't know what to expect. As the months past by, I started to realize that I'm on my own and I need to start training myself to be an independent individual because I don't have my parents to wake me up in the morning, making sure I did all of my homework, making sure that im attending classes on time. I had to learn to step up and be a mature young adult, yes I still have fun , but there is a time to have fun and time to get my work done. It's been valuable for me to attend college because I wanted to further my education and wanted a chance for me to get more knowledge about my major. My goal is to have my own company within the Arts so that kids can be able to show their talents, gifts and just for kids to learn new things. At the end of the day, I'm trying to get an education and do something in life.

Sheyna

I have learned to be more focused on my school work now that do not live on campus anymore. For some people, livingon campus may be helpful but for me I need to still have a home atmosphere and be alone sometimes especially doing my homework and projects. It has been valuable because now I learned to be more independent and I live on my own now. If I did not go out of state for college, I would not be where I am today. I would be home with my mother going to a community college which I did not want since I was younger. I am maturing as a young adult and I am establishing my role in life little by little everyday.

I wish I knew how certain dorm rooms looked and what type of food they served on a regular day in Marina Dining Hall.

Making it around campus on foot in between classes and not having enough destinations on the college shuttle.

Deondra

My college experience has been great. I have learned many new things.. I havve met a lot of people. It has been valuable to me because I alway thought school wasn't for me till I attended Spartanburg Methodist College. This school has opened my eyes to see different oppunities the world has to offer. Life will be so much better with an college degree and SMC helped me realize thats it nothing else really out there without an college degree. I love school because its has helped me a long way from where I been.

christopher

i took alot from my college experience. it tought me to push myself and get rid of my attitude of self doubt. I learned to herness my gifts and pu them to good use. to sum it all up I feel like my time here has really helped me find out who i am as a person.

A person who is very diverse

alaul

beach in the near campus and nice view from design building

beach in the near campus and nice view from design building

i learned lots of things. teachers are very helpfull

John

It is very sad to hear about Manute Bol's, former UB basket ball star, tragic passing. But, it is not unusual to hear about the hard luck stories of a once up and coming shining star college athlete that had hopes and dreams of making it big after a college ball career. It is simply a know fact that many of these student athletes are deliberately recruited by colleges without any real expectation that they will ever graduate from college, gain a marketable skill, or a useful education. These young kid's hopes and dreams are simply exploited by these schools. So, when I read about Manute Bol's tragic life story since him leaving the University of Bridgeport and about his death, I was not surprised. I was not particularly surprised because of what I already knew about the University of Bridgeport's reputation, and the recent stories in the national press about the school that cast a very dark shadow over this so called university. Lately, there has been a string of bad news about the University of Bridgeport, going back long before the university was forced to sell its Law school to a local rival university, it being named the worst university in American by Radar On-line magazine, and that Faisal Shahzad, the Time Square Bomber was a graduate of the University of Bridgeport MBA program. This "University" is simply in the business of exploiting the hopes and dreams of young innocentt kid's like Manute Bol, and many other desperately poor kids. When will the University of Bridgeport be forced to close its doors?

jellisa

They are unique, different, and smart. they are also very educated people that anyone can learn alot from.

the science/biology department

i have gotten alot out of my college experience such as friends and a different college experience. i enjoy my college life, friends, teachers, and the activities. i love my school, and they do what they can on a daily basic to make the campus and university better for their students and staff

Corrina

So far out of my college experience, I have definitely learned what to expect for my future career as a dental hygienist. I know many different skills and techniques to help me work on patients. I have also learned that this careers is always changing and that there are many new things to learn as I progress. ALong the way, I have also developed people skills by working closely with my teachers, classmates and patients.

I am in the dental hygiene program and the best part is that the teachers aren't afraid to let you dive right into whatever we are learning. It may be hard and scary., but it gets us ahead of the game. I already feel like I am a dental hygienist even though I haven't een finished my first year.

I only have knowledge of the dental hygiene portion so people who shouldn't attend this school are people who don't have a lot of free time since this is a vigorous program. Also, if you don't like science , this is not a program for you because 90 percent of the courses are science related.

Bojana

At the last year of high school, which I attended in Bosnia and Herzegovina, I had no particular opinion of my own of what it is that I would like to study. Even more, I did not even know what options were out there for me to choose from. So, I opted for Law University since majority of students did so. It may not be surprising that this was not the place for me. If I could go back in time, I would definitely do my research on time and make sure that I am not just following the herd. I would make sure that I know what is offered, and to choose what it is that I want to do in life, for loving and being passionate about your profession, or job, is a very important determinant of your happiness. I would also get involved in all possible activities, and social groups or student actions in order to learn from it, to interackt and to make life long friendships. And lastly, I would say to my self, enjoy it while it lasts! And get the best out of it!

The best thing that I can see is the fact that they have the major that fits into my life plans. Many universites have iIternational Business programs, but University of Bridgeport, among other colleges in this region is the onlyone that has International Political Economy and Diplomacy Major.

My school is extremely diverse in its faculty members, as well as students who not only come from different parts of the U.S. but from different parts of the world as well. It is great to be able to undergo so many differential influences and get to learn so much from personal contacts, all in one place. They have great selection of classes, and majors; and people who are willing to help you out with major decisions as well as with even the smallest concerns that you might have.

University of Bridgeport administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.