Bridgeport, CT
University of Bridgeport

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Bridgeport

luz

Different cultures and athneticies..

Different cultures and athneticies..

I believe that college experience is very important especially to succeed in todays economy, change and education is important.

I think the people that should attend this school should be students who are focused and are willing to learn about different styles of learning..

I attended college 2006-2009 and loved every minute of it. I went for interior design where I learned so much about myself and my creative side. I also learned to network in the design field which is a "gotta know a guy" type of industry. I found self confidence and a new level of self-esteem in my school days. I was able to work on the 2008 Las Vegas Parade of Homes ASID showcase house which was worth over $18.5 mil. I truly am a new found person from that experience. I have recently decided that since the economy has been rather fickle for me to go ahead and take out loans to be a dental assistant because of my past college experience. I found that I love social interaction, and helping people. I'd rather help the ill fated with their dental hygiene than fortunate people with making their homes even better. I feel that going to school was the best thing that could have happened to me. I found a love for life and people, and I realized my true destiny is to help people less fortunate than me with my dental assistant training.

Giovanna

Compared to the other schools i considered Bridgeport is more diverse and offers more activities. In addition to this, Bridgeport offered academic scholarships which was something the other schools didnt offer.

College in general acts as a catalyst for growth within a person self and to further a person's education. It will be a valuable experience to attend because of all the doors i open with a college degree. Making the decision to attend college is a choice valuable within itself because you become one step closer to having a career. Out of my college experience i have gotten closer to having a degree and to becoming successful. In addition to this, my college experience has allowed me to grow as a person and to find who i am. The jounrey to becoming successful, meeting new people, growing as a person are all valuable experiences to endure.

A person who havent shown any progression in the 4 yrs of High School. Someone who is a under achiever shouldnt attend this school because the determination to work is low. Someone with no resume; meaning that the person has no academic achievements or done any volunteer work. A person who is easily distracted shouldnt attend this college because self motivation is the key to success. If they are easily distracted they are most likely to have their priorities misconscrewed.

douglas

College has been the most valuable thing in my lifetime. During high school I was a very unmotivated individual, shy, withdrawn, and generally disinterested in life. After joining college and taking classes from specialized individuals that seem to care more about their area of expertise than anyone in high school ever did and also being a part of the clubs on campus. Specifically the Model United Nations team that served to guide me through my choices as to what I want to major in and what career I want to enter into. It has also served to promote leadership, organizational skills, researching skills, prioritization, fundraising, time management, public speaking, and cooperational skills necessary to succeed in school and even in life. The teachers are fantastic ways to learn from even outside of the classroom as their experience and advice in life is unparalleled proving to be very helpful in deciding what to do with my life as well as aiding me to form my own opinions towards matters. College has opened my eyes to a larger world around me and is preparing me to become a solid worldly citizen capable of making important decisions.

Emina

A college education is more then just an expensive piece of paper. It is not only the cumulation of four years of undergraduate work but of twelve years of primary and secondary education as well as twenty one (plus) years of continous education. During college you take classes that not only "teach" you a particular subject but that teach you how to apply what you where taught to novel situations. You learn to think abstractly, to support your arguments and to work with others in order to further your own edcuation. However college is about more then just academics it prepares us for adulthood by allowing us to develop not only our minds but also ourselevs. Confined in the bubble that is a campus college students are able to experiment and discover what matters to them. The ultimate payoff one can get from a college degree is when you realize that it has prepared you for the "real" world, that you have gained skills that can be applied for the rest of your life and that you keep your love of learning alive long after the dimploma is hung on the wall.

Closed minded people who are not open to new people and ideas. Negative peple who bring others down.

shaunette

My classmates at University of Bridgeport are upbeat, focus, intelligent and ready to change the world for the better.

MY COLLEGE EXPERIENCE @ UB WAS GREAT. THIS EXPERIENCE ALLOWS ME TO MEET NEW PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD AND TO LOVE AND APPRECIATE THEM AS AN INDIVIDUAL. THIS EXPERIENCE MADE ME READY TO FACE THE NEW WORLD AND TO BE ABLE TO WORK WITH PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT ETHNIC BACK GROUND WITHOUT HAVEING ANG FEAR THEM BECAUSE OF THE STEROTYP THAT WAS PLACED UPON THEM. ATTENDING COLLEGE WAS SO VALUABLE TO ME FRIST IT MAKES A BETTER CITIZEN AND A MORE VALUABLE ASSET TO SOCIETY, IT ALLOWS ME TO PULL MY FAMILY OUT OF POVERTY, BUT MOST OF ALL THIS EXPERIENCE MAKES ME SET A STANDARD FOR FOR CHILDREN AND THE NEXT GENERATION.

The most frustrating thing about University of Bridgeport is the high tuition. I believe that the tuition is just too high. With todays economny on the down side and the need for higher learning to face this technological society, haviing to pay such hiogh cost tuition will put a dent in the future of those of us who wants to go back to school. Going back to school and getting an education is the ticket out of poverty, and when education is denied because of the cost, one can conclude that the cycle of poverty is not broken but continues.

Gisneiry

Everyone comes into college with a mind set to have freedom and party, yes everyone denies it but it was truly my mind set. I was not expecting to actually learn something about myself. I thought high school gives you wings to fly but it is college and the knowledge you gain which actually allows an adolescent to fly to become an knowledgeable adult . Coming from the Bronx and being able to attend a university and lean things any of my own people will never learn in their live time gives me a sense of accomplishment. I believe these four years in my life can either make me or break me, and I know and believe I can make it.

Well the worst thing about UB I would have to say is the food they serve us. It is pretty hard to get use to the food because they serve the same food each day,unlike moms home cooked meals. In the Knights cafe the food is actually much better , but since you only get a certain amount of meals in the Knights cafe students tend to use them all up with in the first couple of weeks. They need to seriously improve on the food they feed us please!

An individual who does not want to be known should not attend University of Bridgeport because we are a small university somewhat like a community of students who come together.. Teachers will know your name and if you do not show up to class the professor will bring it to light in the following class. Also a person who is looking for an all "party school" should not attend UB because believe me they will be disappointed.

Marcel

The University of Bridgeport is an amazing school from the studeents to the faculty. The school has an awesome history to it and that's what really makes the school.

My classmates at the University of Bridgeport are fun, exciting, active students who has the desire to succed and has goals in life that they want to persue.

When I can into college, I really didn't know what to expect. As the months past by, I started to realize that I'm on my own and I need to start training myself to be an independent individual because I don't have my parents to wake me up in the morning, making sure I did all of my homework, making sure that im attending classes on time. I had to learn to step up and be a mature young adult, yes I still have fun , but there is a time to have fun and time to get my work done. It's been valuable for me to attend college because I wanted to further my education and wanted a chance for me to get more knowledge about my major. My goal is to have my own company within the Arts so that kids can be able to show their talents, gifts and just for kids to learn new things. At the end of the day, I'm trying to get an education and do something in life.

Sheyna

I have learned to be more focused on my school work now that do not live on campus anymore. For some people, livingon campus may be helpful but for me I need to still have a home atmosphere and be alone sometimes especially doing my homework and projects. It has been valuable because now I learned to be more independent and I live on my own now. If I did not go out of state for college, I would not be where I am today. I would be home with my mother going to a community college which I did not want since I was younger. I am maturing as a young adult and I am establishing my role in life little by little everyday.

I wish I knew how certain dorm rooms looked and what type of food they served on a regular day in Marina Dining Hall.

Making it around campus on foot in between classes and not having enough destinations on the college shuttle.

Deondra

My college experience has been great. I have learned many new things.. I havve met a lot of people. It has been valuable to me because I alway thought school wasn't for me till I attended Spartanburg Methodist College. This school has opened my eyes to see different oppunities the world has to offer. Life will be so much better with an college degree and SMC helped me realize thats it nothing else really out there without an college degree. I love school because its has helped me a long way from where I been.

University of Bridgeport administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.