Bridgeport, CT
University of Bridgeport

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Bridgeport

alaul

beach in the near campus and nice view from design building

beach in the near campus and nice view from design building

i learned lots of things. teachers are very helpfull

John

It is very sad to hear about Manute Bol's, former UB basket ball star, tragic passing. But, it is not unusual to hear about the hard luck stories of a once up and coming shining star college athlete that had hopes and dreams of making it big after a college ball career. It is simply a know fact that many of these student athletes are deliberately recruited by colleges without any real expectation that they will ever graduate from college, gain a marketable skill, or a useful education. These young kid's hopes and dreams are simply exploited by these schools. So, when I read about Manute Bol's tragic life story since him leaving the University of Bridgeport and about his death, I was not surprised. I was not particularly surprised because of what I already knew about the University of Bridgeport's reputation, and the recent stories in the national press about the school that cast a very dark shadow over this so called university. Lately, there has been a string of bad news about the University of Bridgeport, going back long before the university was forced to sell its Law school to a local rival university, it being named the worst university in American by Radar On-line magazine, and that Faisal Shahzad, the Time Square Bomber was a graduate of the University of Bridgeport MBA program. This "University" is simply in the business of exploiting the hopes and dreams of young innocentt kid's like Manute Bol, and many other desperately poor kids. When will the University of Bridgeport be forced to close its doors?

jellisa

They are unique, different, and smart. they are also very educated people that anyone can learn alot from.

the science/biology department

i have gotten alot out of my college experience such as friends and a different college experience. i enjoy my college life, friends, teachers, and the activities. i love my school, and they do what they can on a daily basic to make the campus and university better for their students and staff

Corrina

So far out of my college experience, I have definitely learned what to expect for my future career as a dental hygienist. I know many different skills and techniques to help me work on patients. I have also learned that this careers is always changing and that there are many new things to learn as I progress. ALong the way, I have also developed people skills by working closely with my teachers, classmates and patients.

I am in the dental hygiene program and the best part is that the teachers aren't afraid to let you dive right into whatever we are learning. It may be hard and scary., but it gets us ahead of the game. I already feel like I am a dental hygienist even though I haven't een finished my first year.

I only have knowledge of the dental hygiene portion so people who shouldn't attend this school are people who don't have a lot of free time since this is a vigorous program. Also, if you don't like science , this is not a program for you because 90 percent of the courses are science related.

Bojana

At the last year of high school, which I attended in Bosnia and Herzegovina, I had no particular opinion of my own of what it is that I would like to study. Even more, I did not even know what options were out there for me to choose from. So, I opted for Law University since majority of students did so. It may not be surprising that this was not the place for me. If I could go back in time, I would definitely do my research on time and make sure that I am not just following the herd. I would make sure that I know what is offered, and to choose what it is that I want to do in life, for loving and being passionate about your profession, or job, is a very important determinant of your happiness. I would also get involved in all possible activities, and social groups or student actions in order to learn from it, to interackt and to make life long friendships. And lastly, I would say to my self, enjoy it while it lasts! And get the best out of it!

The best thing that I can see is the fact that they have the major that fits into my life plans. Many universites have iIternational Business programs, but University of Bridgeport, among other colleges in this region is the onlyone that has International Political Economy and Diplomacy Major.

My school is extremely diverse in its faculty members, as well as students who not only come from different parts of the U.S. but from different parts of the world as well. It is great to be able to undergo so many differential influences and get to learn so much from personal contacts, all in one place. They have great selection of classes, and majors; and people who are willing to help you out with major decisions as well as with even the smallest concerns that you might have.

Armin

They come from all over the world very diverse.

They come from all over the world very diverse.

It is best know for its engineering and medicine and has the hightest number of graduates in master program in the state

Be very organized and do interships as much as possible

Aldun

My classmates vary depending on the class that I am taking.

My classmates vary depending on the class that I am taking.

Aldun, Congrats on making it this far!! College life is nothing like you expected it would be. It's not about the girls, the parties, or anything else you've seen on television. You need grow up and change your ways, FAST!!! Get back into the habit of doing your work on time, or earlier, if possible. Don't be afraid to ask your teachers or other classmates for help when you need it, that's what the teacher is there for, and you might be able to help another student in a different subject that their having trouble with. Although it might seem like it's all work and no play, there are many clubs and teams here that you can join to keep yourself occupied with during yor free time. Stay stress free, don't make yourself the center of attention, because that would lead to unnecessary drama, keep a low profile is possible(which I doubt knowing us). Don't forget to be yourself, change for NO ONE, don't be a follower or walk in anyone's shadow. You and I both know that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Sincerely, Aldun

I would have to say, the amount of money that I have to pay out of pocket to attend this school.

Jacqueline

If I was able to talk to myself as a high school senior, there would many things I would tell my younger self. One of the first things I would tell myself is to apply for more scholarships. It would had saved me the stress of listening to parents nag and complain about me looking scholarships in addition to doing my college studies. Another thing I would tell myself is to develop better study habits. For the first twelve years of my education life, I never had to work hard to get the good grades. Before coming to college I had never sat down and really studied for a test or final. Now that my first semester of college ended, I see the bad results of my non-studying habits. Last, I would tell my younger self to be more open to break out of my shell a little faster than I normally do.

The best thing about my school is the opporunity to network. People from all over the country and world attend my college.

An open-minded person that is able to adjust to different cultures should attend the college I go to. At my college, there are people from all over the world.

Malika

I would tell my self to reconsider the school you want to attend. Also, think about getting some internships done over the summer.

The most frustrating thing is balancing a social life and academics.

University of Bridgeport administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.