Bridgeport, CT
University of Bridgeport

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Bridgeport

Bojana

At the last year of high school, which I attended in Bosnia and Herzegovina, I had no particular opinion of my own of what it is that I would like to study. Even more, I did not even know what options were out there for me to choose from. So, I opted for Law University since majority of students did so. It may not be surprising that this was not the place for me. If I could go back in time, I would definitely do my research on time and make sure that I am not just following the herd. I would make sure that I know what is offered, and to choose what it is that I want to do in life, for loving and being passionate about your profession, or job, is a very important determinant of your happiness. I would also get involved in all possible activities, and social groups or student actions in order to learn from it, to interackt and to make life long friendships. And lastly, I would say to my self, enjoy it while it lasts! And get the best out of it!

The best thing that I can see is the fact that they have the major that fits into my life plans. Many universites have iIternational Business programs, but University of Bridgeport, among other colleges in this region is the onlyone that has International Political Economy and Diplomacy Major.

My school is extremely diverse in its faculty members, as well as students who not only come from different parts of the U.S. but from different parts of the world as well. It is great to be able to undergo so many differential influences and get to learn so much from personal contacts, all in one place. They have great selection of classes, and majors; and people who are willing to help you out with major decisions as well as with even the smallest concerns that you might have.

Armin

They come from all over the world very diverse.

They come from all over the world very diverse.

It is best know for its engineering and medicine and has the hightest number of graduates in master program in the state

Be very organized and do interships as much as possible

Aldun

My classmates vary depending on the class that I am taking.

My classmates vary depending on the class that I am taking.

Aldun, Congrats on making it this far!! College life is nothing like you expected it would be. It's not about the girls, the parties, or anything else you've seen on television. You need grow up and change your ways, FAST!!! Get back into the habit of doing your work on time, or earlier, if possible. Don't be afraid to ask your teachers or other classmates for help when you need it, that's what the teacher is there for, and you might be able to help another student in a different subject that their having trouble with. Although it might seem like it's all work and no play, there are many clubs and teams here that you can join to keep yourself occupied with during yor free time. Stay stress free, don't make yourself the center of attention, because that would lead to unnecessary drama, keep a low profile is possible(which I doubt knowing us). Don't forget to be yourself, change for NO ONE, don't be a follower or walk in anyone's shadow. You and I both know that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Sincerely, Aldun

I would have to say, the amount of money that I have to pay out of pocket to attend this school.

Jacqueline

If I was able to talk to myself as a high school senior, there would many things I would tell my younger self. One of the first things I would tell myself is to apply for more scholarships. It would had saved me the stress of listening to parents nag and complain about me looking scholarships in addition to doing my college studies. Another thing I would tell myself is to develop better study habits. For the first twelve years of my education life, I never had to work hard to get the good grades. Before coming to college I had never sat down and really studied for a test or final. Now that my first semester of college ended, I see the bad results of my non-studying habits. Last, I would tell my younger self to be more open to break out of my shell a little faster than I normally do.

The best thing about my school is the opporunity to network. People from all over the country and world attend my college.

An open-minded person that is able to adjust to different cultures should attend the college I go to. At my college, there are people from all over the world.

Malika

I would tell my self to reconsider the school you want to attend. Also, think about getting some internships done over the summer.

The most frustrating thing is balancing a social life and academics.

shelley

being a very good school and difficult to get into the program i am in is national accredited

i would explain to myself that you need to take school much more seriously. pay attention in class, do the work. if i had done it then i would probably be much farther along. if i had done better in highschool it would have made my college experience much easier. when we are young we dont look at our future. now that i am older i have realized what the world is like, outside the comfort of the teachers pushing us to succeed. in college you are on your own. the teachers are not going to beg you to do the work. you dont do the work you will fail. life is much more difficult when you get older. if I had done everything right when i was in highschool, it would have made college much easier. the transitions between college and highschool is huge. i've come to realize highschool faculty is like a family. the push you to succeed. in college you need to push yourself, or you will fail.

for me personally the only frustration is trying to pay for my education. there are only two schools in ct that offer degrees in interior deisign and the schools are very expensive, especially since finacial aid wont give me that much. and my parents cant pay it

Peter

Your success in college largely depends on your attitude, your preparedness and your desire to succeed. Never procrastinate, copy, cheat or neglect to treat each assignment as if your stay in college depended upon it alone. No amount of ability will supercede the value of tenacity and good judgement, integrity and moral breeding. Work hard, play and pray hard, but most of all, remember that success is the result of good planning, hard work, persistence and a little bit of luck. So plan well, work hard all the time and then you may not even need luck.

I would talk myself into developing and sustaining a love for reading materials that are filled with onreous details and sometimes very little personal interest, except that the content is critical to the outcome of some personal objectives. This would help in sorting throught the many books, journals, research papers and other written materials that becomes a part of the whole college learning experience. I would also develop a proper study rythm that yields success and is capable of duplication. Finally, I would learn to tollerate that teacher that was such a dud, for the grade.

Any person with a desire to succeed, who needs a diverse University that will provide exposure to many different cultures and peoples from all over the world. Anyone interested in a school with rigorous learning and very knowledgeable professors, who will not compromise content for expediency. Then you have chosen the right school. The University of Bridgeport is a mini United Nations Lab. This is where anyone with any kind of interest in people of other cultures and nations may research cultural diversity and the results of the intended or unintended melting pot.

Peter

I would say to the high school senior, compartmentalize your life. Set specific goals and divide your time wisely between the to-do's in your life. Apportion enough time to the things that matter and develop a love for reading which will become a necessary tool for success in College.cultivate good friendships and cultivate in yourself the ability to get along with even the most impossible teachers and or fellow students. For they will be right there with you in college and often times the only teacher for a particular course that is critical for your degree.

The tower of Babel effect of the multiple languages spoken on campus. My School is a diverse, multicultural, mini united nations laboratory. A melting pot of cultures, languages and people. The multiplicity of foreign languages spoken on campus and sometimes in the library is often a source of distraction and even annoyance. It is customary to hear spanglish, but now we hear Chinglish as well. There is also the added use of the language as a disguise by many to speak about an individual to their face knowing full well that they were not in a position to understand.

Any person willing to overcome the narrowness of their own personal cultural norms and limitations, and is willing to venture out into the world in a mini test lab type atmosphere. Where individualism and self confidence takes on a whole new meaning and the comfort of ones own skin, culture and language is neither a blessing nor a curse, but rather a part of us that makes us unique to who we are and not a deterent to what we may accomplish.

They are all amazing and you really make great friends here.

They are all amazing and you really make great friends here.

When you leave for college, don't quit your job. Ask for a l.o.a. so when you go back, you can work for christmas break and summer. You need to reconsider living at an all girls campus because you don't function well with all girls around you. You will have a tragedy during your senior year, but don't let it affect your finals. It will make you very upset but you will make it through and you will have great happiness afterwards. You'll make it through, kid. Even though you and mommy don't get along now, you two will be fine and get along well when you leave for college. Keep your grades up because you will get a better scholarship for college. Your horses are high priority so remember to keep them in mind when you'd rather stay in bed all day or go off galavanting with your friends instead. Your friends won't all stay your friends, but your horses will always be there.

It's an all girls school and I don't function well without men to diffuse the estrogen abundance. Also, you get fined for EVERYTHING. AND there is only wi-fi in the common rooms and the science center. that's it. there are 2 washers and dryers per floor. there is no air conditioning. the showers are 2x2 box stalls, and moldy.

University of Bridgeport administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.