University of Bridgeport Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Bridgeport

Ralph

very good university.

Joeanna-Marie

The food here sucks, The only good housing is in University hall and freshman can't even get in there, plus you have to pay extra. The academics suck and the classes aren't challenging that much. Bodine Hall is the worst because it reminded me of a haunted house when I first saw it and went inside.

Kazuri

University of Bridgeport is a interesting school. It very diverse but also some how segregated. Bridgeport has many different cultures, Americans of all races as well as culture outside the USA such as middle eastern, Chinese, Korean, Indian, and West African. It nice to have a school so diverse, learning different cultures and the way they do things. At the same time though everyone sticks to their own culture never really mixing together. The classes at the University of Bridgeport are pretty good. All the professors I had have been good with their teaching. The events on campus are fun to attend be prepare to pay a fee, which I think you can expect at any college. The food is decent the like to repeat some of the meal choices which gets a little bit tiring. Overall University of Bridgeport is what you make it.

Amy

Bridgeport is like a small family where everyone knows everyone and can confide in those that they deem trust worthy. The food is meh, but if you find your way to the grocery store then you’re fine. Most professors are amazing and will help you with whatever you need.

Brandon

The University of Bridgeport was NOT my first choice school at all from the moment I applied to the moment I actually got in. When I decided to come here I knew very few people but that changed quickly. As a freshman here I met so many people every single day so the social setting is not bad at all at this university. When you do get here and decide to mingle you have to find the right crowd for yourself because college is nothing like high school. There are no "cool kids" just people who are here to get some form of an education and have fun while doing it! When it comes to academics, depending on your major you don't have time to slack because most Professors wont tolerate the juvenile non sense that you would get away with in high school. As long as you manage your time well with your studies and work while having fun on the side, your college experience will be one to remember!! As of the options for food on campus the dining halls food is not the best but it will get you through both semesters. There are also other options on campus such as the Starbucks, Fresh Tossed, and the Hub which all offer different things to eat and drink at the price of your dining dollars. That would be my complete review of the University of Bridgeport. Now that I am here I can not picture myself in any other school. As long as you follow these things you will come to have the best college ecperience.

Alexis

The University of Bridgeport may be known for the diversity of its student population, but it is also known for its high tuition, less-than-satisfactory on-campus housing, and disappointing dining. There is often confusion among the residents as to where all the funds go; it is obvious they are not being used to install air conditioning in all the dorms, improve dining options on campus, or renovate the aging classrooms. UB is home to the Fones' School of Dental Hygiene-- the program I am enrolled in-- and the top of the line classrooms and state of the art clinic are a clear indication that a lot of attention (and money) has been poured into this major. While I am a thankful beneficiary, it leaves other majors lacking. Student life is what you make of it. There are few interesting activities promoted on campus, and many of the intriguing events require payment. One event UB does right, however, is the Fair held every Spring and Fall at the Ped Mall. The University provides food trucks, bouncy houses, games, and customized memorabilia--all for free! Essentially, a student's experience at the University of Bridgeport will be what they make of it. Getting involved in athletics, clubs, and finding a group of friends will render great social satisfaction. As far as dining goes... well, allow me to introduce you to Easy Mac.

Ayesha

UB students are among the most driven and hardworking students in America. Students study hard in order to succeed both in and out of the classroom setting. Going to UB is one of the best choices I have ever made, not only is the campus diverse but the academics offered are beyond amazing.

Joshua

The University of Bridgeport has a diverse group of students ranging from 60 different countries. The Ub's atmosphere is very welcoming and encouraging with all of its coursework and programs. You can always find a group that will welcome you with open arms. Most importantly is its acceptance of everyone young or old, and educated or not.

hadiqa

The University of Bridgeport is a very average school at best. They do offer wonderful programs to students as to further your careers. The academics are average at best as well as the professors. Its a smaller setting so if your into that then this school is for you. As for dorms when it come to the older ones Barnum, Seeley, Cooper, Chafee, and Bodine. Don't expect too much, its communal bathrooms on each floor the rooms are livable and cozy. Campus can be pretty but its in the poor part of Bridgeport/Park Ave and driving on Park Ave. Sophomore3 months agoOverall Experience

Juwan

The University O f Bridgeport is a favorable school for those who can find opportunities to succeed within the campus. Its a small school but it has strong supporting community of students and faculty. Like any other college in order to you have to go out and make your own experiences. However UB does a wonderful job at putting up signs for events to bring people together. Their academics is top-notch and most professors do their best to help the students succeed in their studies. There are also opportunities set up for students to get hands on experience for the careers early. Helping students on the path to their career is just one of the may perks that UB offers. Also the food is decent and gives you a variety but learn to cook before you come its honestly necessary. Overall UB is a great school, with a great environment and unique people. Its a great school to go to if your looking to find yourself and make the best out of life. UB YOU KNOW!!!!

Lauryn

I love the university of Bridgeport because everyone on the campus is very friendly and active. they send out emails to the students living on and off campus, informing us about the events that is happening. the food is great but I wish the food was less expensive because I blow through my dining dollars like its nothing

Jorge

Im a transfer student, I heard they have a very good graphic design program. Its my first semester so I'm interested on the new things I will be learning.

Natanya

Good academics, friendly staff and lovely food. In the home town it looks dead and there's barely any places to go in the surrounding area. The campus is kind of small and looks somewhat dead in some parts. The dorms are great! Very spacious, very nice! Every room comes with it's own mini fridge and microwave.

Faithlyn

I really love my school, The University of Bridgeport, and I am so happy that it was my first choice. Though the standards are very high, it is nevertheless possible for all students to be successful as there are many resources available for the student who is serious about going forward.

Thamar

The University of Bridgeport never fails to make each and every student feel significant. Whether you’ve come from halfway across the country on a softball scholarship or just down the street with an intended nursing major, UB will always make you feel at home. From good laughs to good staff, there’s a variety of resources that students are given access to for support.

T'Zaih

I love my school/ Even though I am a commuter there are so many different ways for me to get involved. There are constant activities always going on. Everyone is very patriotic about our sports teams. Our staff always encourages us to use our cellphones less and interact with others. The culture at my school is great. It's an enjoyable environment to be in.

Gabrielle

As a graduate student, My overall opinion of University of Bridgeport is pretty quiet here but if i need any help with anything, there are always people here to help me. The student and faculty are very nice at Bridgeport. I haven't had any problems here and I don't think i would.

Christopher

The University of Bridgeport is a institution dedicated to offering the best educations that promotes free thinking and critical analyzes of different topics.

Dejeune'

During my time at University of Bridgeport, I was very unhappy. After the first month of school, I knew Bridgeport was no longer for me. Academically, the courses are good and most professors are great, but I did not feel like I was being challenged.

great!

ashley

I love how small and private the school is. The location is peaceful and perfect and right on the beach. You can study and relax right next to school without any worries and just hang out without worrying of traveling very far. The Professors and faculty are an extremely diverse group of people who reach out to their students and love helping their students. The faculty make sure to go out of their way to find ways in helping their students and everyone is a nit tight group.

Ernesto

They gave me the opportunity to start preparing me to the major i want and gave me few options in case i want to change the major. The university is near where i live. I like ambient in this campus. Some friends talk very well about it and is going to be a new challenge for me.

Jenessa

Affordable, you can excel if you try to. Many opportunities available. There are a number of clubs and organizations. They try to host events often. The faculty are nice and helpful and want to see you succeed. There are multiple student employment options. The older dorms could be better. The nice dorms cost a lot more money - not worth it in my opinion.

Abbigail

In my opinion, the University of Bridgeport is on an uphill road to greatness. This year, we have inducted a new president who has been changing and developing new programs and activities around campus that have been increasing the value of our school. The view of the water is something most people dream about, and the helpfulness between teachers for students are two things UB has great of. For me, Bridgeport became my second home as the culture, area, professors and fellow students were everything I was looking for in a college.

Arianna

The University of Bridgeport is a great institution for receiving a higher education. The faculty are all very knowledgable in their fields of study and work very hard to ensure their students succeed in the classroom and the real world. While the cuisine options and dining hours do not vary widely, there are many opportunities to be involved in campus life, and the small school and class sizes ensure students get the help and attention they need.

Kheliz

The University of Bridgeport is an extremely diverse college, so everyone feels welcomed on campus. Each dorm building has a president, vice president, treasurer, and etc. they all help make the students feel welcomed and make sure everything is intact. There is always an event occurring​ on campus so you never feel like you don't have anything to do.

Brandy

Color, culture, awareness, community, and adventure are all concepts embodied by The University of Bridgeport. Indian festivals, yoga class, vision board parties, and probates all culminate to the central themes of connectedness within the UB family.

Markisha

The University of Bridgeport is well something. The food is rather lackluster on bad days and meh on good days. Don't even get me started on the dorms buildings that look like they were houses for the criminally inept. The showers are rusty and old. For a building of over 100 students, there are only 4 washing machines and dryers to match. The recreational room is dull, there's a ping pong table and a pool table but I have rarely met many people down there unless they bought food from outside and are chilling there to eat. This semester was rather sad as cleaning hours had to be shortened. Classes are better and more engaging but those are my classes and I can't vouch for others. The building has pretty good agriculture but the students that come to the school lack academic prowess. In a class of 30, 16 would show up to class and the numbers would decrease which each passing class session. Teachers make an action to know their students, which is good, but these students don't have a strong passion to learn as they complain about simple projects and do their homework rather late. Extracurricular activities are fun for the most part and but is not an integral part of campus life. I guess the campus events can make up for the lacklusterness of the school. The events were fun and parties engaging. The welcoming week was rather fun for the most part, such as going to Six Flags with our new friends and was an all-around good time. The campus security is top-notched and is safe as nothing happens around Bridgeport to guarantee a crime. Overall 3/5 stars.

Kelly

I like the fact that the professors are available through office hours and through email. Additionally, most of my professors are there to teach, not to be published. Thus, it is a professor teaching the class and not a grad assistant. My program is relatively new, none of us have taken the NCLEX yet. My concern is that we cover too much material and learn it only for the test; and therefore have to review the information we have learned frequently. I have attended other colleges, and this was not an issue.

Jamonia

The University of Bridgeport has a diverse population that has individuals from all across the world. There is positivity wherever you go and a zero-tolerance for discrimination and bullying. The University of Bridgeport has plenty of recreational facilities and activities that range from building a bear to snowboarding. The faculty members are always willing to help whether a student is a part of their class or just a passerby. To make things better the school has a beach just a few steps away.

bondel

My personal overall opinion of the University of Bridgeport is very humble but yet prideful. This great university offers a dynamic facility environment that has been put in place to help the student reach their maximum potential. It is here that opportunities are truly endless to accommodate all the diversities of its students.