University of California-Berkeley

« See more reviews of University of California-Berkeley

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The only downside of the social scene is breaking your way into it. Typically, many students hang out with their classmates or the members of their student organizations. For student organizations, you have to interview, while for classmates you have to be amicable enough for people to enjoy being around you. Aside from these barriers to entry, I find that being social is one of the most rewarding things you can have. There are stimulating exchanges of ideas and thoughts, mindlessness when needed, and support from your social group. Amidst unlimited piles of coursework, your social group will keep you sane.

Most interesting part is the access to campus characters, and the prevalence of marijuana, acoustic guitars, hackey-sack

“Asian Ghetto” as it is called, should be considered as a popular off campus hangout, as it is a common meeting place

The Fuck Finals with Forty Forty’s party has been an institution of the class of 2008 since the first semester.

recording on sproul plaza, trying to get a grip on a popular day at uc berkeley and what student life is like.