University of California-Berkeley

« See more reviews of University of California-Berkeley

Cal is famous for it's Nobel Laureates, the Berkeley Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, and just being a highly regarded academic institution world-wide. Berkeley is best known for just being Berkeley, the number one public school in America, and a top ranking public instutition internationally. However, one very important aspect of a Berkeley education is the large amount of amazing research opportunities that can be completed on or near campus. The presence of the famous and government-backed Lawrence Lab is a great boon to all who wish to do undergraduate or graduate research at Berkeley.

UC Berkeley is best known for being one of the top public schools in the country. Being a California resident, UC Berkeley is the best bang for your buck. A graduate from UC Berkeley receives the highest level of education possible without having to pay private school tuition. Lastly, the diverse student body is one that you will not find anywhere else. At UC Berkeley you have athletes, liberals, conservatives, those interested in the Greek system and people of every size, shape and color imaginable. The education and cultural experience at UC Berkeley is unlike any other university.

UC Berkeley is known around the world as tree-hugging hippie liberals. Today, we've moved so much away from that. There is a large and vibrant conservative community here; the liberal community is alive and thriving as well. While everyone thinks Berkeley students will ostracize you for saying something out of line with the current liberal political view, everyday I see the opposite. I see my peers chiding each other for not listening and respecting others. I see my classmates seeing past each person's opinions and trying to understand the person behind the opinion.

Historically, Cal is best known for its free speech movement in the 60s...and the past year's tree-sitter episodes. But UC Berkeley is also a leader in many fields, and prides itself on being a public university. We have brainy scientists, great rugby teams, talented writers, amazing designers, and intellectuals in several disciplines - especially ones that are interdisciplinary and increasingly important when it comes to looking at the challenges that the world faces today. If you're willing to work for it, you can get a world-class education here.

UC Berkeley is best known for the world-renowned research that is conducted by the brilliant faculty, many of whom have won Nobel prizes. There are always many opportunities for students to become involved in research at this university. Cal is also famous for its liberal atmosphere and the active student body. With hundreds of student organizations, there is something for everyone at UC Berkeley. For many decades, Cal students have continued to support and improve the surrounding communities, as well as serve people in the developing world.

UC Berkeley is recognized internationally as the best public school in the entire world. Cal students are dedicated to their academic life and students tend to be very competitive. While all departments at Cal top charts, the business program is the one that I am involved with. The US News & World Report has ranked UC Berkeley among the top three undergraduate business programs in the nation. In addition to academic life, UC Berkeley is also recognized for its strong alumni program and its close proximity to Silicon Valley for internships.

In the '60s there was alot of campus activism. There is a still a uniquely hippie vibe on campus, in the co-op housing especially, but there is also a huge emphasis on academics. So I would say there are still alot of people who care about the world and want to change it, and there are many others who want to focus on their futures and their own incomes and well-being. The school is known for having alot of pride, a great football team (brand-new stadium!), Nobel-prize-winning professors, and lots of diversity.

Berkeley is known for its vast diversity in race, gender, interests, personalities, political affiliations, and much more. What makes Berkeley so great is that every person is so unique. You never encounter a person that acts or thinks the same in Berkeley. Everyone has their own opinion and is willing to express it in one way or another. This allows our school to accomodate the most extreme views without making anyone feel that their ideas are not being heard. In Berkeley, there is a place for everyone.

This school is best known for its strong academics and success in its students after graduation. Only the brightest and hardest working students end up in this school. In addition to the academics, the social life in this school is very unique, as it is part of a city, whereas most universities are isolated from the neighboring cities. The quality of social life is definitely debatable. One should visit the campus multiple times to make sure it is the right university for him or her.

UC Berkeley is best known for providing a comprehensive, high-end, liberal education. With protests widely occuring on campus, as well as demonstrations, Cal State is known as the original UC school. Having the highest ranking among the UC schools, Berkeley stands out as a leader in research and learning for a wide variety of students. In addition to academic success, this prestigious university also enriches their students' lives with culture and life-changing opportunities.