University of California-Berkeley

« See more reviews of University of California-Berkeley

What do students complain about most?

Strangely enough on the day to day, most people complain about the inconsistency of the weather. Everyday, I always hear someone complain about the weather. Sure I'll hear complaints about how much reading has been assigned, or that the midterm was so hard, but those complaints aren't everyday. Someone might be complaining about the reading load one day, but the next day they'll talk about how they loved the reading. One student might say they didn't get a question on the midterm, and another will say they over studied. But one thing that always comes up is how the weather will never make up its mind. =)

Students typically complain about the workload, and justly so. In my experience, however, the issue arises from a lack of discipline. It is quite easy to get behind in your work and it is very important to keep up with it. Granted, some of the initial freshman and sophomore coursework does not merit extremely careful attention, but core coursework most certainly does. It is easy to identify those who will always be struggling to catch up. Make sure you're not one of them.

Too much stress. Too much work. The rain. Pretty typical things.