University of California-Berkeley

« See more reviews of University of California-Berkeley

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Inevitably, people over 30 say, "Hey, Berzerkeley! So you're voting for Nader?" when I say I went to UC Berkeley. People of all ages think that campus is overrun with dirty hippies with long hair, fleas, and a fervent desire for the Man to shed blood.

they are all hippies, hipsters, politically extremists, potheads, vegans on bikes, or extremely nerdy and socially awkward science freaks. the academics are cutthroat and the campus is overcrowded. also, crazies and homeless people abound.

The thing about stereotypes is that I only really hear about them from other Berkeley students. Like it is supposedly populated by smart but relatively unattractive people. That is about it... there are Stanford comparisons, I hear.

Berkeley is liberal, anti-God, full of hippies and druggies. Berkeley students are very smart and super competitive and will eat each other just to get an A. Berkeley is one of the dream schools for many Asian parents.

Some stereotypes about UC Berkeley students are that they are all obsessed with school to the point of sabotaging their social lives, that they are all ugly, and that they are all liberal.

UC Berkeley is often thought of as a liberal school with lots of hippies. Stereotypically, the students are nerdy and unattractive. People also say there are a lot of asian students.

That Berkeley is full of crazy, hippies who want to sit in trees or get high. Or that all the students are so stressed out that they cannot handle the pressure.

We're definitely considered to be big dorks. Obviously the Engineers in particular, but the campus as a whole is theoretically packed with nerds.

Some students are ingnorant to issues that affect them everyday. Students don't know how to use their student power to effect change.

Students do not have a life outside of classes. They overstress about grades. UC Berkeley is primarily White and Asian.