University of California-Davis Top Questions

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

The day when nearly everybody gathered together at the Quad to peacefully rally about the fee heights and police brutality. The rally was just an awesome view. Although I did not participate in it fully, seeing it was powerful. Faculty staff members, Davis citizens and students all gathered together to talk about the issues of the UC system. This is one of the biggest peaceful movements Davis has ever seen and it's only going to get bigger as students become more unified with the faculty members. We all represent as one with all the same view in regards to fee heights and police brutality. Very powerful and something that I will never forget.

Recently, there was an incident on campus where some of the campus police officers abused of their power and abused some peaceful protestors. It quickly became nationwide news and students were devastated and upset about the events that took place. A few days after the incident, a rally was held on the quad in which a couple thousand students, including myself, attended. Some protestors that were victims of the abuse spoke and our chancellor spoke as well. I will never forget this day because even though we are such a massive group of different people, we came together as one to confront this issue that was affecting our campus. It showed me that even though we all come from different backgrounds, we are one. We make up UC Davis and it is up to us to make difference and change within our community.