University of California-Davis

« See more reviews of University of California-Davis

Upon hearing the name, University of California Davis, the image of cows may surface in most college student's mind. Yes, cows, or rather, cattle, occupy a living space in the center of the university campus. No, not because it is the university's mascot, but because these cattle are proffessors; without prior formal education, of course. UC Davis is best known for its undergraduate agricultural research. These cattle are part of a class and provide students with hands-on experience with animals. In fact, UC Davis's mascot is a horse. It's name? Aggie, for agriculture.

UC Davis is best known for being an agriculture school without a doubt. If you don?t believe me go check out the cows behind Tercero South, the newest dormitory. Also, UC Davis, in keeping with it agriculture image, has an overabundance of plant life, and if you don?t have allergies now well you just might develop them. Although, there are some downsides to being an Aggie, overall the benefits of being an agriculture school outweigh the negatives. Subsequently, UC Davis has a wonderful science program and is well known for its biological sciences.

Bikes swarm all around the campus of University of California, Davis. Atop these vehicles sit dedicated college students on their way to Shields Library to read through their BioChem notes before the PopQuiz that everyone already knows about. This is the best part of attending Davis. It's hard not to feel accepted. The beauty of the University grounds trumps my mind. The town is just as beautiful, and eco-friendly (hence the bikes). Davis remains the perfect place to come to receive a well-rounded education surrounded by bicyclists.

Our school is best known for science and research, though it is slowly evolving to become recognized for other areas as well, including arts and humanities. UC Davis just built a new building for wine and viticulture research as well as a fairly new building for their performing arts center, which has brought guests such as B.B. King and Jane Goodall, among others. Our school is becoming more well known for sports as our football team recently moved up to Division A. We are also known for our agriculture and our cows.

UC Davis is best known for its prestige as being one of the best research institutions in the nation. In addition, it is also one of the top schools for people interested in the field of agriculture, medicine, vetinary school, or any other of the pre-med degrees that UC Davis offers to its students. Students also like to make fun of the town of Davis, which admittedly has gained the reputation as being a boring "cow town" that offers a limited social life, which also attracts many students for that reason.

I just transfered from a community college so i haven't get to know much about my school. UCDavis is known as one of the good school in North California for students majoring in science major like i am. It has labs, and library with all the sources for different majors. It's known as a school for vets and whoever wanna be a dotor since they have a hospital close to campus. It has the farm on campus which is big and has different kind of animals. It's one of the thing is best known about my school.

The University of California at Davis, located in the bicycle capital of the U.S., is notorious for the large amount of bicycles that can be found on its campus. Academically, the university is notorious for its research opportunities and development, particularly in the biological science and agricultural fields. Also, the university strives to keep a clean, "green" campus and their initiatives to keep it this way have not gone unnoticed, as it was proclaimed one of America's "Greenest Schools".

University of California, Davis is best known for its involvement in agriculture and being environmentally-friendly. There are hundreds of agriculture-based clubs on campus to get involved in. There are also hands on interaction experiences available for people who want to work with livestock and dairy animals. In addition, Davis is known for being "green". Besides providing food from only local places, UC Davis also actively participates in recycling and composting.

Academically, I'm not sure what our strongest department it, but I think Davis is best known for being sustainable. Basically everyone rides their bikes around campus and Davis is always coming out with ways to be more sustainable. Davis is also very agricultural, but honestly I haven't seen a single cow since coming to Davis; the agricultural parts of Davis are on the edge of campus so you really have to seek them out.

My school is best known for its thousands of bikes used by thousands of students to transport to and from campus. Davis is called the City of Bikes for a reason. While many people drive as well, an extensive network of bike paths and bike lanes connect throughout the city and even to surrounding cities for everyone's convenience. Not only is bike riding good exercise, but also environmentally friendly!