University of California-Davis Top Questions

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

Very good question. This goes out to EVERYBODY. Those who drink and those who don't. There are hundreds of parties on weekends and you can even try to create your own (as long as you are discreet and respectful among your neighbors). There are parties where you can drink or you don't have to. I have a hockey teammate here who has been sober for years after years of rehab and struggles in early life. You don't need to drink to have fun at parties. Nobody here will pressure you unless they are "douchebags". Don't give into the pressure and stand up for who you are. You make the choice.

Ngoc

Definitely no. You can totally party without drinking. I have been to many parties that I don't drink and my friends are totally cool with it. There are other things to do at parties besides drinking. You can talk your friends (or meet new people), play games, and eat. Trust me, you can have fun without drinking.

Ngoc

Definitely no. You can totally party without drinking. I have been to many parties that I don't think and my friends are totally cool with it. There are other things to do at parties besides drinking. You can talk your friends (or meet new people), play games, and eat. Trust me, you can have fun without drinking.