University of California-Davis

« See more reviews of University of California-Davis

Someone who wants to experience a big school without sacrificing the friendliness of smaller schools. Because of its size, the student population is diverse, and people's friendly attitudes make it easy to get to know different people. Davis is a happy campus and students seem able to find a balance between academic excellence and extra curricular involvement. It is a city that prides itself on being green and the campus is working toward the same eco-friendly standards. There truly is something for everyone at UC Davis, and anyone looking for a complete college experience should consider attending.

The person who should attend this school should be goal driven and in need of success. Many of the students who actively seek out opportunities available on campus are those who learn the most and find the things that can enrich their career at school. There are ample opportunities available, ranging from research to internships, for students that can be used as learning tools for future careers. The student who actively seeks out these opportunities and who wants to learn everything there is to know about their field of study will gain the most from the University of California, Davis.

Davis is really suited for a wide range of people because it has so many different classes and majors offered it's fairly easy to match anyone's interests. The campus is also very large and has many different activities available people can make friends without a problem. I would probably suggest this school to anyone that's looking for a good learning environment (there is a lot of academic help available), a large community (the student population is pretty large), and someone who enjoys california weather (because there's a lot of that here).

If you don?t care for the constant movement associated with city life, UC Davis is the perfect school for you. UC Davis, although it is the largest UC campus, has a very small town atmosphere. If you are someone who enjoys a slower pace, but still wants a bigger city within a reasonable distance UC Davis is ideal. The school is very eco-friendly; it has a weekly farmer?s market, and even hosts an annual earth day festival, so the environmentally conscious are quite welcome. Yet, if you're a chronic clothing shopper, Davis isn't for you.

Students who are interested in pursuing careers in a wide range of fields from English to Medicine would greatly benefit from earning their degrees at UC Davis. I am very happy with the Bachelor?s of Arts degree I earned in English and Film Studies and feel that UC Davis provided me with the tools I needed for graduate school, and helped me towards fulfilling my ambition to be an author and college professor. My friends, whose fields of study ranged from the Dramatic Arts to Biology, were also able to pursue their goals at Davis.

There are many great faculty members here and they are willing to take undergraduates under their wings. This is something I think is very important, especially for those that are looking to do graduate school in the future. For example, I am currently working with Dr. Moyle and am learning a great deal about what it means to work with fish and be an ichthyologist. There are also many small programs which I feel is very important as well. I get a lot of face time with my major professors due to the size of my program.

Despite my above complaint, anyone who is searching for a school with talent professor's involved in cutting edge research but does not wish to deal with the effects of being enrolled at a name brand school would be perfect for UC Davis. I've never felt that the professor's were lacking in anyway, and my education has prepared me as much as any friend who went to Berkley or Harvaard, for my goals to attend graduate school. I believe this to be a wonderful school for the laid back but intellegent students of the world.

A person who attends this school must be ready to take on classes without the mentality of just passing, the person must have mentality to learn. The person needs to realize that high school is over and that college is a different adventure with more risks. The person needs to use their time wisely and understand that every hour the person has is his/her choice to waste or do something productive with it. The person needs to know how to manage their time and most importantly manage their new found freedom.

UC Davis is surely not easy to get into. But even if you get in, it means nothing if you do not do well. Since it is one of the well-known university in the West Coast, students need to be self-motivated. They don't have to be the best of the best, but they surely need to have the willingless to learn and expand their skills through the journey in college life. They also requires self-control from the negative influence from the temptation of the world. A clear personal pursit is strongly recommmended.

In order to be successful at University of California, Davis, it is crucial that you are committed to your classes, regardless of whether you have declared a major or not. Davis runs on a Quarter system, and it can be extremely difficult to catch up if you fall behind. The university puts great emphasis on balanced schedule between school and extracurriculars. Davis is an excellent choice for students that want to gain the full experience of college, and a quality education.