University of California-Davis Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of California-Davis

Kylie

I think the professors are great but some students seem very rude. I also dislike that there is no wrestling team anymore and I think they should reinstate one. The food was basically the same every week, unless you go to Segundo or Tesero. Overall, I believe the school is great but it could definitely be better in athletics and food.

John

UC Davis provides an incredibly comfortable but academically rigorous environment that is conducive to academic and personal achievement both in and outside of school. Other students are incredibly friendly and genuinely understand the benefit of collaboration over the more concerning trends of prohibitive competition in institutions of higher rank. There are numerous opportunities to explore whatever interest you may have and all extracurricular organizations are very welcoming of new members.

Richard

Davis was overall a good school that allowed me to experience everything I thought I would experience when attending college. I believe that the education I received here was sufficient enough to me qualified for many entry level science laboratory jobs.

Alyssa

I love UC Davis. There are cows a five minute walk from my dorm room, how could I not love it? It is a community of wonderful and intelligent individuals that I am so grateful to be apart of. UCD is also a huge research facility, so if that's something you're interested in, look no further. If you are looking to pursue a career relating to animals or agriculture, then UC Davis is absolutely the place for you. Also, make sure you know how to ride a bike!

joshika

Davis has got a very good campus and I feel it is safer environment for any students and it is good for those who want to pursue their studies or any courses. Faculty is very good again it depends on the kind of faculty we choose. I strongly think that it depends on a student how he or she utilize the resources which were provided to them.

Jasmine

I really love my university. After being an undergraduate student for three years, I have grown to be very active on campus. I have two on campus jobs, I am an officer of multiple clubs, I am a member of Greek life and I hold an officer position within my sorority, and I am a UC Advocacy Network Ambassador. I have participated in multiple study abroad programs and I have found a lot of opportunity for growth on and off campus. Davis is very warm, welcoming, and inviting, despite being a large campus, and I have found it easy to make a close group of friends. While there are hiccups here and there with certain administration and student government, Davis is overall a lovely university.

serwaa

The University of California-- Davis is an externally vibrant school with various amount of accessible resources from what i remember. The facilities are beautiful and bathrooms are clean to my knowledge. Students appear to be very focused and intellectual with quite positive attitude and feedback.

H

A really good university that caters to just about anyone. Everyone is capable of following their own path and still finding a group that they can fit in. Everyone is very social and there are many opportunities to network and connect with others. UC Davis is a quarter-system school, so everyone is generally busy.

Luis

When I first got there i was not expecting it to be huge. It took me at least 20 minutes to get from one place to another, but the scenery makes up for the long walks or short bikes. I people there are nice and are willing to help out especially if you are lost (i got lost on first day). I truly enjoyed it and the experience there for me was amazing.

Chantal

UC Davis provides an environment conducive to learning and inquiry, hosting a wide range of viewpoints. I have never been on a more inclusive campus, and I feel free to ask questions and air any problems I may have. Every single person I have met on campus, whether they are a student, advisor, or professor, etc. has been kind and encouraging to me!

Asael

Overall, I truly do love this school. I made the decision to go here because the school offered me everything that I was looking for in my dream college. I truly love Davis and I am glad to be part of the aggie family. Lastly, they have given me the tools to be able to become someone in this earth and due my part to help out. #GOAGGIES

UCD is a great school with one hell of opportunities that can help one to grow as an all rounder. Tier 1 research, 800+ clubs and student run clinics, Davis is all about the community and inclusion. People are supportive and won't mess you up on purpose like other top institutions. Even though classes are hard, and there's a lot of competition, Aggies are fair to one another and are there to help!

Alda

The University of California- Davis has been everything I expected the university to be. The atmosphere at the university is very welcoming with different professors and students who are willing to help. Most of the professors encourage students to attend office hours which can be helpful when the student has a problem or a question.I have attended office hours several times during my short time at UC Davis to ask my professors for help, and I am always willingly helped. The campus can feel very large and very small at the same time. There are many students at the university, but since the community is very welcoming the campus does not feel too big. At the times when the campus does seem too big and difficult to handle, there are always resources to help the students. One of the resources that has been the most helpful to me is the academic counselor that helps me with my classes. Choosing classes can be stressful at times, so the academic counselors help alleviate this worry. The greek life at UC Davis is closely regulated therefore there are few cases of hazing. If a student does not want to join a sorority or fraternity they are not seen as less by other students like at other universities. Finally, the party scene is mild at UC Davis. There are parties to be found, but they are not like the ones depicted in the movies. Overall, I feel very satisfied with my choice of being a student at UC Davis.

Ibrahim

I love UC Davis, overall it is a very relaxed setting and a great home away from home. Plus the people are what make it so special and the cows. If you are looking for a place with great academics and a calm small town with lovely people Davis is the place for you.

Andreea

I was blown away from the moment I arrived at the university for my tour. I immediately fell in love with the campus and the diversity culture that UC Davis embraces. Mostly I was impressed with my professors, exceptional lecturers from universities around the world, who are incredibly knowledgeable, are constantly researching new ideas and technologies, while also finding time for their "hungry" students.

Tselmeg

UC Davis is so far a great experience. I genuinely enjoyed my classes and the whole social environment. One plus side is aggie cash of 200 dollars that you get with a meal plan. You are able to use this in the marketplace among the food trucks which prove useful. The markets also sell basic supplies as well as blue books and scantrons which allow you to stock up and not waste any money for these the following years. The food at first seems good but you get sick over time. The gym is great and people should definitely check it out. The dorm life is okay and very close to campus if you live in Tecero or Segundo. A bike or a means of transportation is definitely recommended as there is parking everywhere as well. Overall, UC Davis makes me feel accepted and has a great learning environment.