University of California-Los Angeles

« See more reviews of University of California-Los Angeles

This school is big but it has many opportunities for students of all backgrounds. There is a huge diversity and students can find organizations that they will fit right into. Dorming is amazing with so many options, and the food is absolutely fantastic: a lot of healthy options as well as great desserts and comfort food. There are many job opportunities and research positions available to students, and the teachers are friendly and approachable, and if not, they respond quickly to your emails. The environment is beautiful, the weather only ranges between 30 degrees, and close to the beach!

UCLA offers an astounding spectrum of opportunities to foster academic, social, and personal self-growth: one can study and research alongside reputable professors in the morning, participate in sports varying from ultimate frisbee to rugby in the afternoon, enjoy Mediterranean cuisine for dinner in town or in the dining halls, and culminate the day at a free movie sneak preview featuring question-answer sessions with the director - and only here at UCLA can one fully realize this extensive self-growth.

My school is a school in which a person would go who is not interested in the aspects of the college experience but solely of getting a degree, where people come, attend class and go home without merely a drop of community involvement. CSULA is most definitely a commuter school. Student, even teachers, come to campus, attend their classes, pack up their books and go home. There is virtually no social aspects between the student body.

UCLA is located in the heart of Westwood, an amazingly safe and fun college town with literally everything and anything a college student would need, as well as only 15 minutes from Santa Monica beach (a 50 cent bus ride), and so close to everything the city of Los Angeles has to offer which basically gives the students at UCLA opportunities to do pretty much anything.

UCLA has professors and teacher assistants that care about their students' progresses, and I value that very much--at UCLA, I know that I am not wasting tens of thousands of dollars; instead, I will receive one of the most awarding experiences in my life, through the education and the various extracurricular activities that UCLA abundantly offers.

UCLA is where I can find and create family; it gives me everything I need to do so, including the people (my professor and friends), the environment (a beautiful, homely campus that virtually takes the place of my childhood neighborhood), and the methods for establishing connections (various clubs, meets, dinners, internships, etc.)

UCLA is a very beautiful school with a lot to offer to its diverse student population including invaluable research opportunities, countless extra cirricular activities, and personal relationships with some of the brightest and most helpful professors any university could ever have.

Considering students and professors come to UCLA from across the globe, it seems evident to me that my school is diverse in its backgrounds and perspectives, and yet is unified in the student body and the teaching staff's shared ardent love for learning and growth.

My alma mater is as grandiose as can be by maintaining it's historical traditions while adopting new advancements, which not only provides students with a great education and up to date information but also allows them to experience real life on a miniscale.

UCLA is a school full of diverse people from all over the world with plenty of activities happening all the time; it is a prestigious university in the heart of Westwood with an abundance of opportunity and I can't think of a better institution to attend.