University of California-Merced Top Questions

Precious

If you live in California, you know that UC Merced is set in the San Joaquin Valley in the middle of farm country. I feel like UCM is for people who don't like distractions. The town is small, the amount of things to do here is limited, and the mall is... mediocre. But, if you're coming to focus on your studies with little distraction then I think Merced might be for you. If you're the type of person who enjoys going out on the weekends, going to parties, having a lot of things to do when you're not studying, then I don't think Merced is a great place for you.

Erika

Because this campus is so diverse, any student would feel welcomed and comfortable here.

Cheyenne

The type of person that should attend this school is one who enjoys subjects such as science and math. They would have to be patient and ready to learn. They would have to show persitency in their work and know how to organize their time.

Craig

Students that want to learn under the instruction of experts, get involved in scientific research, and advance their leadership capabilities.

Maritza

Students interested in attending a small campus, friendly environment, diverse community, or environmentally friendly school should go here, as well as anyone that adores the outdoors or loves nature’s beauty. The school is the middle of nowhere but that makes it so much more special due to the natural wonders that surround it.

Ramiro

Someone who does not mind a small, developing school. They must have an interest in being a pioneer and bringing new and lasting traditions to the school. This person must want to be involved in activities outside of their school workload and want to make an impact in the growing college community. Someone who likes being able to have personal access to professors, tutors and teacher assistants. Someone who is interested in learning about multiple cultures and having a very diverse friend circle.

Jensen

If you can stand living in a fairly small town, or you like biology, or you're looking for a school where the professors are at the top of their fields, UC Merced is the place for you!

Emery

An outgoing person that likes living in the middle of nowhere. A person who learns better with a smaller classes and doesn't mind walking or taking the bus.

Angela

I think anyone has the potential to go to college, but not everyone will. People have different ambitions. Some people will decide college, while others feel their life is fine where they're at and decide against going to college. Although college is wonderful I believe sometimes it is not necessary when people have their dream job or was offered an opportunity of a lifetime. Still I think people should go to college if for nothing else than to learn about history, politics, writing, and science because it will help the person understand ideas and his/hers world better.

Brian

Most schools in the UC system are fairly large, UC Merced is very small in comparison. Although it may not be as tough as other UC schools, Merced's small size and sense of community are perfect for those who would like a close connection with other students. There are a few campus happenings and overall the feel of UC Merced is somewhat relaxed. Don't let the fact that there isn't much around fool you though, there are things to do and all the technology is up to date.

tatiana

a person that learns better with one-on-one help and is comfortable in a small enviroment

Maricela

People who want an UC education in the central valley. People who are determined to work hard to earn their degree of choice.

Nayeli

If the person enjoys small classrooms where the professor knows who you are UC Merced is a great school. It is also good for those that enjoy the life of a small town and not that of big cities, though there are few cities which are only half an hour away.

Kristin

Someone who is looking to go to school for only the academic aspect and is not looking forward to the college social scene because this school has very little to offer someone who is looking to get the real "college experience."

Jasminn

People who like small schools, or an individual who wants a private school feel for a public school tutition.

Charleen

Anyone who willing to be part of a diverse campus. Also to be parto of a small but growing college, and is willing to make new friends.

Yanna

Someone who is looking to have a private school experiance for a public school price. Those that attend UC Merced want to get ahead, and should want to put their school work above their social or partying, as the campus is quite small.

Raymond

A person that is willing to accept everyone for who they are, willing to make friends, willing to participate in school functions/clubs/organizations, willing to work hard for their grades and not slack off, and is willing to have a great college life is perfect for UCMERCED!