Riverside, CA
University of California-Riverside

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of California-Riverside

Brittney-Chanae

If the university does not have the major the student is interested in he/she should not attend this university. A student who enjoys partying, the University of California, Riverside is not the right choice. A student that is not career oriented should not attend. In addition, a student that does not take his/her coursework seriously by not attending class regularly and/or not completing assignments should not attend this school.

If I were granted the opportunity to do so, I would be sure to make a note of missed opportunities and mistakes and tell myself what to do in order to avoid making the same mistakes. I would tell myself to set strict goals from the start so that distractions can be avoided or handled appropriately. I would tell myself to seek tutoring at the first sign of struggle in a course because if I do not it will most importantly affect my g.p.a. and opportunity to attend a four-year university. I would also meet with a representative from the university I plan to attend in order to gain information and seek scholarships, volunteer work, internships, and job opportunities that I missed out on the first time. Overall, I would tell myself to be a more inquisitive person because it could lead to a better outcome not just for school, but in life.

In my opinion, the most frustrating thing is adjusting to the teaching style of each professor becuase depending on the course each professor has his/her own way of presenting the lecture material, preparing exams, and his/her own grading system.

Chihui

Make sure you study hard to get to the right college in order to receive the best benefits. Be prepared in for your first year of college with the right people. Make sure your first year in college never goes to a fail.

The best thing about my school, is that you get to find a right organization that suits you. It helps you to fit well within the school and help you to get involved in the right organization.

The worst thing about my school is that sometimes you have to do this alcoholl survey. Where it makes you feel like you're accused in doing this kind of action.

Brittney-Chanae

I wish I had known that I did not have to complete all my undergraduate courses at the community college level before I transferred. I also wish that I was aware of the volunteer, internship and job opportunities that the university offers.

Students that have chosen a major that the university does not offer should not attend this school. Students who have not visited the campus or obtained information about the school for example, the layout out of the campus including where it is located and the surrounding areas, the cost of tuition, sports offered, and other information that would be helpful in selecting a university best fit for the student.

Andrew

Classmates are upbeat, motivated, ready to help and excited about college.

Classmates are upbeat, motivated, ready to help and excited about college.

If I had the ability go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior with the knowledge I currently attain, I would encourage myself to work harder when I entered community college. I would have suggested that I complete all the General Education Requirements BEFORE picking major since they must be completed prior to transfer.

The worst part about college is the divion of lecture and discussion, discussions are taught by teaching assistants that are sometimes not as knowlegable as professors.

Julia

My classmates at UCR are open-minded and welcoming. They are strongly dedicated to their studies but they also indulge themselves in social activities on campus, such as playing games in the Hub or getting a pint at The Barn. My classmates are proud of their school as you can see students constantly representing our school colors (navy and gold) or the letters UCR. My classmates are just like any other college student as they consider quarters they find in their couches as gold and you know when it?s midterms and finals week, as everyone looks extremely sleep deprived.

The type of person who attends UCR should be motivated to work hard, because our professors know what their students are capable of and hold them to those standards. The type of person should be open-minded to new experiences outside of your culture, as our college is the most diverse campus in the UC system. UCR is perfect for the type of person who wishes to live in a large city that is forty-five minutes from the beach and Disneyland, but still looking to experience the intimate feeling of a college community.

Dear Julia, Don?t worry about picking a major based on what your parents want you to do, but rather choose the major that includes the thing that you are naturally good at and are passionate about; no matter what you will become successful. Don?t work full time and go to school full time. You will be overwhelmed and your grades, work, and social life will suffer severely by spreading yourself to thin. Pick classes that aren?t too early in the morning because we both know you tend to sleep in. Talk to your teachers during their office hours, I know it seems scary but they are bored most of the time and are happy to see their students. Most importantly they provide you with good advice and when you need letters of recommendations for things like studying abroad, you have already established relationships with teachers to ask for such things. I know you?re shy and feel alone in this new environment but the social side of college offers some of the best experiences. Get out there , make new friends; you?re not the only one who?s scared. Just be present and enjoy this new experience.

Janet

The advice that I would give myself is to pay attention in all of my classes during my senior year. There is many concepts in high school that are gone over in some college courses and if I paid more attention is high school then it would be easier for me to do well in the college course. Another piece of advice that I would tell me is to learn how to balance out school, work and social life because it is a crucial step in doing well with other areas if the college life. Balancing can help with living physically/emotionally healthy, having good time management and being able to juggle school and a social life. These are the things I would tell myself in order to have a better more successful first year of college and be satisfied with my grades.

Everyone deserves to attend this school as long as they want to learn more adn improve their life.

There are times when I am not sure which classes I am supposed to take, the advising center is always busy and some of the counselors are unfriendly.

Kylie

Knowing what I know now, I would go back and tell my high school self to take the AP tests for all of the AP classes I took so that I could be ahead when I got to college. Then I would have more room to take fun classes that do not count for my major.

Jacqueline

We have a large diversity of people at my school. We also are researched-based. As a matter of fact, we grew the first seedless oranges.

I would make sure I sign up for dorming because I missed the deadline my first year. Since I didn't dorm, it was hard to meet new people, but this didn't matter to me at the time because I had a boyfriend who I spent most of my time with. It wasn't until my boyfriend and I broke up that I noticed I had no social life at my college. If I was put in this situation again, I would advise myself to join clubs; just like what I'm doing my second year. Joining a club is a different way of meeting new people of all ages with the same interests. Academically, I would advise myself to go to office hours! I learned this the hard way after I failed my first class. Also, I would tell myself to follow every professor's advise to read ahead and review old notes before coming to class. Having not done so in one of my core curriculum classes resulted in another fail. Because of my overall GPA last year, I'm not eligible for a grant next year, but I hope to bring up my GPA soon.

I like the faculty and staff at this school. They're quite eager to help the students be successful in their courses. Compared to what I've heard from my friends from other college campuses, I like our science labs better. Our hands-on labs and projects are all done in class. I haven't had to face any group projects that would make us meet with our group members outside of the classroom - this is a good thing because sometimes we cannot always rely on our group members whom we've just met.

Maritza

Be prapared to really hit the books and be on top of your work. Be as organized as possible not only on top of when assignments are due, but also on your finicial aid and your emails. You will propbably feel overwhelmed, but just keep your head straight and take one thing at a time.

Flavia

if i knew then what i know now i would definitly have studied more in order to take more AP classes. Taking AP classes helps greatly checking off university general requirments.

If they are not social they should not attend this school. To enjoy ones time here they definitly have to be social becuase if not they will probably enter a depression because there is nothing to do here and it isnt even nice to the eye.

the school is great, the only problem is the surrounding area. there is nothing to do in this town and its quite poor. It is definitly not a place i would want to raise a family.

University of California-Riverside administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.