University of California-Riverside Top Questions

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Kenneth

Best: Just about anyone can find people to be comfortable with on the campus, what with the large population and the small area in which most of the classes are in. You'll also find them pretty easily. Worst: Ever since they moved the arcade into the pool hall and were blasting loud music in there, I've not been able to bring myself to go to any of them, since all fo the activities in the room are ruined by the other aspect's participants.

Dee

The best parts of the social scene, in my opinion, are the student association's quarterly events, like Heat or Block Party, and the inevitable college party experience. While neither are out of hand or dangerous, they're both awesome ways to relax and meet people. On any given weekend there are at least two or three parties to choose from, especially if you are in the Greek system. Most party houses are located pretty close to one another, which is convenient for Halloween. The worst part would have to be the "doldrums" on Saturday nights, the rare occasions when nobody feels like getting their house trashed or a noise violation. As I said, these instances are pretty rare, but it is a UC so during midterms and leading up to finals, don't expect any ragers.

Arveen

Social Scene is typical. People walking around everywhere. They will talk back to you if you start a conversation but if you don't they most likely will not. At night, in dark alleys, assault and robberies occur quite often recently.

Leticia

the best is that everyone is nice, it isn't hard to find people to talk to because we are such a diverse campus you will end up meeting really great people. I haven't experienced anything bad about the social scene because most people are very social and get along great

Leticia

Arveen

I don't like the rallies, I find them disturbing. At night, it gets dangerous. Occasionally cases of robbery and gunpoint threat.