University of California-Riverside

« See more reviews of University of California-Riverside

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

UC Riverside is a little school that seems to like to keep not only a mental split, but also a physical split between the humanities and the sciences. I mostly use little in terms of size, since it is the UC with the largest amount of land. That land, however, is all orange groves that they thought of tearing down for a medical school subset of UCR. Don't think that wen't through. The oranges are for research if they're fenced off, eating if they're not. I could describe it in terms of constantly increasing tuition as, in my four years, I've seen it rise more than $600 per quarter, maybe it is $1000 more now. Or, I could even describe it as a place that likes to rip hopes as it removes majors and minors and decreases number of classes offered while increasing sizes to meet the budget cuts. If this will be permanent, I don't know.

Its an amazing school, everyone is nice and you can always find something to do if you look around. It's hot, which i know is the only bad thing about the school. The bell tower is a super cool place to chill with friends. We are very earth friendly and my school encourages going green and is big on helping the environment

Its one of those schools that people go to when they dont want the big college scene this is for those who want to have a good time but also really want to stay focused on their studies.

It's better than what you would expect. Try it and you'll like it.