University of California-Riverside

« See more reviews of University of California-Riverside

If you are a dedicated science student, you can receive a tremendous education here with TONS of resources. If you are a graduation senior who squeaked in to this one UC, and you think that a business major might be the best option (its the easiest major), this may also be a good school for you as long as you can develop some self motivation (which is another uphill battle in Riverside). The smog and pollution in Riverside is horrendous and borders on Mexico City bad. The summers are truly painfully hot, expect 95ish degrees that feels like 195 because of the buttery rich smog you get to walk through. Find a place with great air conditioning. Rarely will you find a group of less attractive people (except maybe UCSD). UCR is the most racially diverse of the UC campuses and physical fitness is not a priority for most of those races. Students who would be encouraged to look, act and eat healthy at a place like USC generally succumb to appearance malaise.

UCR is a University with some strong engineering and math professor, if you make the choice to learn, you will learn a lot, most likely as much as you would have learned at a more prestigious University. If you are seeking a University with a very active campus life, and an active academic community then this may not be the school for you. There are definitely some very poor professors thrown in amongst the very strong ones available, so be careful. It is not a rare occurrence for two of the same courses simultaneously where one professor is incredibly easy(to a fault), and the other much harder(and better) due to this very fact. UCR is not academically competitive and it should be relatively easy to maintain a very high GPA for anyone willing to put in modest effort.

University of California, Riverside (UCR) is truly representative of a melting pot, the epitome of American diversity. In this UCR land of the free, students of multiple heritages unite, encouraged to contribute their distinctive spices (cuisine), herbs (knowledge of different geographies and socioeconomic upbringings), sweat (individual toil), and tears (personal sufferings) into this melting pot to create an interdependent community, an essential element within this evermore globalized world. Through this compelled understanding of different cultures, UCR students are better able to transcend prevalent prejudicial barriers, able to communally integrate within this melting pot in order to strive for international betterment.

University of California, Riverside is distinctively unique from the other schools I considered because UCR offered the entire college experience package. UCR is a humongous campus that offers dormatories, extra-curricular activities, diversity, and great education. I believe UCR puts great emphasis on diversity. The diversity among students is amazing. There is not one ethnicity that dominates the others. The ethnicity is spread apart within the students and the professors. I believe this is important because it allows future prospects to feel welcome and comfortable when making the decision to attend the University of California, Riverside.

Diversity of Riverside campus is clear immediately upon entering the academic population here. UC Riverside serves a greater population of first-generation university students than the vast majority of similar institutions. In addition, the faculty in the humanities departments in particular take connection with undergraduate students very seriously and connection between tenured professors and new admits is the norm rather than the exception. English department in particular is academically adventurous and marked by an enthusiasm for reevaluation and expansion of the literary canons, interdisciplinarity, and fresh thinking.

What is unique about this school is even though it has been bad-mouthed before I as well as other students have found UCR to be really comforting and a great place to study. and even though the temperature gets to most students, these same students strive to always be present to their classes unlike other schools in which many students decide to miss class or arrive extremely late making them ten to twenty minutes late. I also really like how diverse UCR is, its' unique diversity truly explores different cultures and promotes better understanding and acceptance of different ethnicities.

As a UC Riverside undergraduate student, I have learned how to laugh. Through centering my energy towards wisdom and spirit rather than outwardly setbacks, I shine. UCR is the gem in the surrounding city, in it you will find the sparkle of a warmhearted community. The both beautiful and comfortable aspect of UCR is that each student is individually considered, as opposed to a larger campus. As a highlander, I am encouraged to try anything I desire; I have no musical background, yet I sing the UCR Music Collegium for renaissance music. I am honored to be a Highlander.

What's unique about my school is the whole environment and how diverse it is. Within walking distance there's a mountain to hike on, within a 5mile drive you can get to a wilderness park, a 10minute drive in both directions of the freeway take you to places to shop, and when living on campus, there are many different cultured places to eat that are within walking distance and if you are still too lazy, there are shuttles everywhere. This school is just the right size, its big yet every class is walkable from any other.

The great thing about UCR is it's friendliness. I feel that because my university is underrated and often not the first choice school for many of it's students, it has made us humble. I can talk to strangers easily on campus and not expect to be judged by my choice of university. The competition isn't malicious but rather, it encourages working together. I'm proud of my school and what I've learned here is that it doesn't matter where you start, it's knowing where you want to go and getting there that matters.

One of the reasons that I decided to come to this school was because it was not in a city. This University is very melow which allows you to focus more on your studies and other things instead of partying and shopping all the time. Diversity of this school also made me want to come here. University of California Riverside is one of the most diverse schools in the nation. The boding that I have experience with people makes me feel as if I have known them all my life. This is what is unique about my school.