University of California-Riverside

« See more reviews of University of California-Riverside

The thing that is most unique about this campus is the people that make up the school. Compared to all the other campuses, I believe UCR is the most diverse of them all. There are people from all walks of life here, from the rich to the poor, from those who are absolute genius at their field, to those who are just staying in school by the grits of their teeth. It seems like UCR is the only campus that accepts everyone, unbiased towards where they're from or how they feel towards different issues in life.

I think the fact that UC Riverside is an intimate diverse community is what seperated it from other schools I looked into. It made me feel more welcoming and comfortable. I felt a very good vibe when I got a tour around school. The school did not make me feel intimidated and helped me transition from high school to college immensely. I love how everyone tends to know each other through someone and gives you the feeling of familiarity which makes me feel like I have a second family here.

The open and friendly atmosphere was very inviting. While I attended orientation over summer, both the students and staff were incredibly caring and helpful. I knew that if I had any questions or conscerns, someone would be there to assist me. My fellow undergraduate students were all welcoming, and I felt very at home on campus. The campus itself was very unique. The campus gave me the impression it was welcoming to everyone, and anyone could percieve the campus as a safe-haven.

The unique thing i see about University of California-Riverside is the diversity of the student population. I think many students are accepting of the lifestyle students choose. This isn't some rich school where kids were given everything but more of a school where kids strive to be better because of their middle or lower class upbringing. Also, all of the professors which I have come in contact with have been very understanding and helpful of my learning disability.

I love my college experience, I have had the Great and the Horrible and if I was asked to do it again I would do it twice. With any college that you choose what makes a great experience is if you come in with a positive outlook, and you make the best of every situation. People will always have something negative to say about everything, as long you are enjoying yourself and succeeding in school thats honestly all that matters, really.

I cannot say this enough but I absolutely love the diversity on my campus! It's beautiful to see different cultures ad ethnicities getting an education together. The structure of my campus is very beautiful to me too. It has a very earthy, nature feel to it. It's calm and serene. The people are great! The staff and students are so welcoming. Everybody wants to help everybody succeed and I absolutely love that about my college.

Anything is up to you reinvent yourself and be who you wish to be and not what others wish you to be. I have made many mistakes, but l learned from them and so I have no great regrets. UCR won't force you to do anything, but I say hit the ground running and go out for everything as freshman classes are a breeze-make lots of friends early and make sure to value social life highly because if you want to be bored you will be.

The most unique thing about my school is that there are so many diverse groups of people from all over. Everywhere you go on campus there are people of different ethnicities, religions, political backgrounds, and many more. There are many organizations that cater to everyone and their cultural needs, so it's easy to find people to relate to. There are people to talk to, and hang out with that are welcoming all the time.

One of the things that is unique about UCR is that it gives you a different feeling once you are on campus compared to the other ones. As soon as you are on campus, you sense the feeling of secuirty, comfortability and most of all you sense the friendliness of all the students and staff. It is also very unique due to its diverse campus. It is unique since you see all different types of people interacting with eachother.

UC Riverside is a very diverse school. As a student, one gets to interact with other students who come from completely different cultures and backgrounds, it helps students learn about a culture that is not their own. The tolerance for other people's background is high. UC Riverside is also a very social school in which it is fairly easy to make friends and and put together study groups for your classes.