University of California-Riverside Top Questions

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

Not at all! It's just a matter of finding the right people for you to hang out with. There are a lot of college parties that have alcohol, because there are usually students at these parties that are of age to drink, but it doesn't mean you have to. I don't drink when I go to parties, I usually just bring a few friends and we'll just sit back and have fun, and make fun of all the people that are drunk! But people are generally pretty good about not pressuring or anything like that, so it's really just a matter of you finding the right people to hang out with, and not hanging out with people that will try to be a bad influence on you. But trust me, they're definitely out there!

Kenneth

I never have had much of a problem. As I recall, UCR is technically a dry campus, so there isn't really supposed to be much in the way of drinks there, though there is plenty off campus. Just be sure to have some knowledge of the people you're around and it should be fine. I think the last party I went to, there were drinks, but there was no pressure to have any (I don't drink either, so I suppose this is a great question for me to answer). Really, nobody even got drunk, though there are plenty of parties where people do go overboard so, as I said, keep an eye out for the crowd.