University of California-Riverside Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Dalayna

Students who live on campus have meal plans. Each meal plan includes a specific amount of cafeteria swipes, and a specific amount of cash students get to use at fast food places on campus. Our cafeteria is AMAZING! The menu is available every day online from each cafeteria. We have two choices A&I cafeteria or Lothian cafeteria. Both have all you can eat buffet's that serve for breakfast, lunch and dinner. University of California, Riverside offers such a variety of options to satisfy students from different backgrounds and preferences. There are so many options to choose from that embrace different cultures such as Greek food, Indian food, all you can eat burgers and fries, a sushi bar, carne asada tacos, or even turkey with gravy macaroni and cheese and biscuits. We even have a vegetarian section and an all you can eat salad bar embracing healthy eating. On top of that we have a Mexican food truck open until 1am daily, Panda Express, Subway, Coffee Bean, 2 food markets, an Italian food/pizza place, an amazing burger joint called Latitude and more. Best of all we have a place called the Barn that offers great food with performances from local bands and entertainment. Basically, you'll never go hungry! Your meal plan covers everything!

Vicky

On campus, we have Panda Express, pasta & pizza, and sushi at the main hub. We also have coffee trucks, taco trucks, Coffee Bean, and Latitude 55 (for burgers). Popular places of UCR students off campus: After parties for students: Santanas, Los Jibertos Hangover Cure: Pho Vinam Thai food: Best Thai, Gra Pow Indian food: Punjab Palace Japanese food: Gin Sushi, Asahi Study place: Starbucks (one on University & another on Blaine)

Gabriel

UCR definitely does offer something for everybody dining wise. I would know because I work for the university's dining services. Besides the fact that almost every major fast food restaurant is within a mile of UCR, on campus there are several different options. The HUB offers a wide range of foods from sushi to italian food, the residence halls also offer something for everyone including vegetarian and vegan options. UCR offers food choices from different parts of the world and makes it available to students.

Portia

The food is pretty good for the most part. It's a lot better than high school cafeteria food. The dining halls offer a variety of food, such as Thai, Chinese, Indian, Vegetarian, Mexican, and even regular American food like hamburgers and french fries. It all depends on what the students ask for. They serve delicious desert every night! The dining halls are very spacious, and a lot of socializing goes on there. It's a place to relax and eat with friends. There are also many cafes and campus restaurants on campus that are absolutely delicious. The Hub is a very popular place that students go to eat at. There is a Coffee Bean located on campus, as well as a Panda Express. Overall, I'd have to say the food is pretty satisfying.

Food and dining is really good at UCR, especially for those who dorm. There are good vegetarian options that you wouldn't expect to find on a college campus, and overall something from all the categories so that you don't get bored eating the same thing every day. The HUB has good variety and is in the middle of campus, right next to Latitude 55 where you can play pool, darts, or XBOX while you eat.

Kenneth

One of the dorms has its own dining hall, though not all of them do. On campus, there is the hub, which has pizza, Panda Express, a Sandwich place, sushi, and several other places. Just a bit off campus is a cafe and another sandwich place. If you don't mind the walk, just about 10 minutes can get you food from pretty much any nation or fast food chain except In-n-Out. There's also a grocer store nearby.

Leticia

There are a few options, before you go to the school you have a dining plan which you choose, which is the Tartan-150 100 dining dollars 5 guest passes Gold-100 meals 200 dining dollars and 3 guest passes, and blue-75 meals 225 dining dollars and no guest passes your dining dollars are distributed quarterly and whatever you don't use rolls over, you can use them at the Hub, or the campus stores. Lothian has the dining hall, along with Logos if you are on the run, bear necessities for late night snacks and spanellies if you like to eat late. Or you can go to A-I restaurant

Arveen

The good on campus are extremely expensive for commuting students, so its best to eat at nearby fast food restaurants.

Albert

1. Dining Halls (average quality dorm food) 2. Panda Express 3. The Barn (mainly burgers, pasta, sandwiches, and wings) - decent 4. La Fiamma (Pasta/Pizza) 5. Honor Roll (really bad sushi...) 6. Stacked (pretty much like a Subway) 7. Coffee Bean 8. El Sol (Soon to be Habanero - Chipotle style food) Just eat off campus. It's way better.