University of California-Riverside

« See more reviews of University of California-Riverside

Well, there is a lot of factors that make this campus amazing! The classes are not too large and the instructors are reasonable with their class/exam/homework rules.;students should always work hard and never "slack off." This campus has an awesome gymnasium and outdoor sport fields; I excercise regularlry, so I use the gym frequently. Also the research opportunities are emense; many students are researching with worldly-known professors. Researches range from insect studies to citrus grove research to bone fusions and tissue growth! This is an amazing campus that ANY student can dedicate their time to studying!

I usually brag about my professors' methods of teaching. Most of the professors in the arts and humanities department are enthusiastic about teaching and I admire their technique to get us involved in class. For example, one professor for History plays World-genre music before class begins and then tells us how the song relates to the topic of history being lectured that day. Another example is some professors keep the books on reserve at the library, to encourage us to study on campus. We have more than one library and the libraries are spacious and relaxing to study.

Usually, I brag about the diversity of the students that attend here. I also like how there are small class sizes available here. It is easy to make friends with people that are in your discussion sections. Also, there are always people that try to organize study groups before midterms and tests in an effort to help everyone understand what is going on. The supplemental instruction is also very useful when you do not understand what went on in lecture. FInally, I love to brag about how students here are not so competitive but would rather help each other out.

The University of California of Riverside gives students the opportunity to create a curriculum for themselves that follows suit with what they wish to do for a career. For example, I want to go to law school. Therefore, I wanted to do a major that would help me be both politically aware and be able to create arguments and retort to others. With the help of the amazing staff and advisors, I have chosen a double major with Political Science and Philosophy with a minor in Statistics. These all fulfill my wishes and dreams of who I want to be.

I tell my friends that my school is very diverse and you feel at home when you are there. You meet new people everyday and everyone so so socialble. Our school is very spirited even thogh we do not have a football team we support our basketball team like crazy. We have a spirt hype team that keeps the crowds going and supporting. We have numerous school activities that people from other schools always sant to come to because they might have heard it from other kids that say it was cool and they would want to be their again.

Since my first year experience at the Univiersity of California of Riverside was amazing, there is a lot of things I like to tell my friends about it. One of the things I always mention is the fact that students are not realy competitive, meaning, they all like to help out. It seems as if each student is responsible for their own success, but at the same time everyone cares for eachother. Another this is the diversity in the school. There seems to be people from very different places, different backrounds, race and cultures.

I tell them how amazing my professors are. Practically every professor is an expert in their fields and are regularly asked and paid for their expert advice on anything from economy to medicine to culture. I also brag about how convienently located it is to both Los Angeles and the Coachella Valley (where I'm from). I love to tell people about how perfect the campus is; it's based on the edge of a mountain, we have botanical gardens, and most of our campus is covered by grass and trees, unlike others. It's gorgeous!

I like the faculty and staff at this school. They're quite eager to help the students be successful in their courses. Compared to what I've heard from my friends from other college campuses, I like our science labs better. Our hands-on labs and projects are all done in class. I haven't had to face any group projects that would make us meet with our group members outside of the classroom - this is a good thing because sometimes we cannot always rely on our group members whom we've just met.

When I tell my friends about my UC Riverside I tell them about all the great people and also programs I have been introduced too. After coming from a highschool that was not very diverse coming to a new school with all types of different people felt very great. I also love that the school provides so many programs and tutors and support groups that can help you achieve any goal you set. I brag about how these programs are helping maintain a high GPA and I am very greatful about it.

My school is a nice place to be because it is very easy to make friends, especially if you live at the dorms or nearby. It is close to my parents' house and it is convenient in many ways. For example, there are stores around, fast food places, movie theatre, bank, and the downtown is not that far away from the university. That city is culturally rich in general and there is always something going on there. Even the bus service and the vanpool are quite effective.