University of California-Riverside

« See more reviews of University of California-Riverside

The key element of education of the University of California Riverside is a variety of opportunities provided to its students. I am stunned by the amount of opportunities available, from student organizations to volunteering, from researches to work-studies. If a person is willing to work hard and take advantage of these opportunities it is possible to stand out on his or her field of interest. I think this campus perfectly fits students that are committed to their studies and are willing to dedicate some of their time to those extra-curricular activities that will enrich them with unique experiences.

UCR welcomes individuals who are searching to master their life through wisdom, self-discovery, friendship, and purpose. I feel that my campus is open to every ethnicity and character; it is the third most diverse campus in the nation! For instance, my roommate, a Sudanese refugee from the Dinka Tribe, honestly understands me more than anyone I have yet to met. UCR is for everyone in that students are essentially here for the same reasons. As Highlanders, we all connect, grow, and create true bonds with one another. UCR shines with both lightheartedness and rigorous curriculums; this is my school.

Someone who is academically oriented rather than sports oriented would be more likely to attend this school. All of the professors, in their own ways, are dedicated to their work and their students, but students must put in the effort to seek the help of a professor. People who are independent and motivated would also find this school appropriate. Those with access to transportation who also apply to the previous two examples may find this school exciting as well because of its central location, within driving distance of the mountains, the beach, San Diego, and Los Angeles.

UCR is best for people who are focused on academics and earning an education rather than partying frequently. The professors are great (more than one is considered the foremost expert in their field) and the students pick up on that and it completely reflects in their work and level of academic seriousness. The majority of UCR's students are very happy here; the only exceptions being those who came to college planning on drinking heavily and partying every weekend. But if you are very academically focused and want a great education UCR is the perfect environment.

Any person open to learning more about themselves and others. This school provides such a diversity to the students. People come from so many different places, one can't help but to learn about someone else's background. UC Riverside provides students with a deeper connection with the students. It is smaller than most UC's and provides that one-on one attention that small colleges do. The classes are wonderful and the students here are actually happy. A person who wants a heartfel, meaningful and fun education should be open to giving this school a chance.

The kind of student who should attend this school is one who is focused and goal oriented. The professors and staff love ambitious, hard working students who are persistent. The student should possess the ambition to learn new things and the ability to work hard while doing so. The school is filled with very dilligent students. Each student possesses a different trait which the excel in. The student who would like to attend this school is one who wants to succeed in life and does not play around. There is a lot of work needed to be done to succeed.

Anyone who is eager to learn and has ambition to succeed in the future. This school has a large emphasis on students to learn. Thats why professors and faculty are here for students. One on of biggest thing on campus that allows students to succed are tutoring session for almost any subject. These are highly successful and are taught by students who have excelled in these classes. I feel like even if one isnt driven at all in the first part of their college career then by the time they graduate they will have a totally different (good) experience.

An individual who is focused and doesn't give up easily is highly advised to attend this school. In addition, this school is for everyone; it provides excellent education in all areas of study and hence, can accomodate each student's interests. Furthermore, even if one is unsure of what he/she wants to do, they can still attend this school because the faculty here performs a great job in helping students with their career choices and providing them with critical information that can help make them decision about their education and life.

I think someone who is very self-motivated and is open to new experiences and change should come to this school. I feel as though if a student does not possess self-motivation, they can find that it can be rather easy to start falling behind in school work while getting caught up in promoting their social life. Someone who can make the best out of every situation and can easily plan adventures in their life would have fun at this school. Optimistic and openmindness would be positive qualities for someone attending this school to have.

This school is perfect for those who want a university feel without the big city burdens. It is midsize and the classroom are not overcroweded with four hundred students. It is surrounded by mountains and is on a hill yet if one so chooses they could easily drive to Los Angeles to spend the weekend to gain some culture and fun. It is also perfect for those with artistic strengths because there is so much inspiration at every turn and corner. And if you're looking for diversity, we have every race and culture possible.