University of California-Riverside

« See more reviews of University of California-Riverside

U.C.R. is probably one of the most culturally diverse campuses, and with the ever diversifying society, your job outlook will look great if you can show that your comfortable with different cultures. Due to this same aspect, most students are rather liberal in thinking. In terms of academics, lower division classes in particular are competitive, this varies depending on your major. If you are in the sciences, buckle up! It is cut throat competition. If research is your field, UCR is your answer. Lastly, the alumni network is extremely helpful for job outlook and general mentoring.

The best thing about my school would be the variety of opportunities the school provides to help students learn and have fun throughout their college experience. First of all, there are supplemental instructions where students can attend to get extra help on classes. Also, the professors are flexible with their office hours. Second, the school holds many social events, where students can attend with their friends and have fun. For example, there is the Block Party at the beginning of the school year where artists come and perform. This is where students get to meet new people.

Our campus has many awesome traditions that have been around for many years, like the Scottish theme and some events put on by the ASPB. We have a lot of fun events that many other schools don't have, like concerts out by the Bell Tower, Stress Relief events around midterms and finals weeks, the big events like Heat Music Festival and Spring Splash, which have little events every day leading up to the main parts. There is almost always something going on around campus, which helps pump up energy and allow students to mingle and make friends in a non-classroom environment.

The best thing about my school is that they provide the services to support the students academically as well as financially. One of the service that helped me and other students academically is the Learning Center, a place where students drop in for tutorials and to get help understanding the homeworks. There are computers that students could access in the Learning Center. Another service that I think help students financially is the vanpool service because it commute students from 25 miles to about 30 miles away from campus to the school saving gas by a large amount.

My campus is unique because we have a very large bell tower located right in the middle of campus. The bell tower is where all of the event take place, such as band concerts, club meetings, fraternity recruitments, dance competitions, etc. The list goes on and on, but the bell tower is where everything takes place. It's very tall, and there is a clock at the very top of it. The bell rings every single hour to let students know what time it is. My campus is also unique because we created the cute little baby orange cuties that everyone loves to eat around Spring season.

Students at the University of California, Riverside all tend to be nice people. It is rare to smile at someone without receiving a smile in return. We are the third most ethnically diverse university in the country, which means that most people here, despire ethnic and cultural background, are good at getting along. This does not mean that we are without conflict but, for the most part, we are able to resolve such conflicts in a healthy manner. Also, students and professors alike are capable of working together to complete important projects and research.

UCR is innovative and such innovation is evident in the constant improvements they are making around campus. The science and engineer department exemplify such innovation through the various awards and recognition they receive. The faculty are very helpful and provide constructive feedback to make the learning experience effective. Office hours are flexible to meet student needs. The campus is large and diverse enough for any and everyone to thrive in their unqiue way. They provide many opportunities to get involved in clubs and gain valuable work experience.

The best thing about UCR is their efforts to make the school comfortable for students. UCR offers many resources to allow for students to reach their academic goals, with; free tutoring, free printing (limited pages), textbook reserves, laptop reserves, free transportation, etc. UCR also has many social events with free food, workshops, games, conferences and more. The school is also close to Los Angeles, Disneyland, Hollywood, San Diego and other fun places. But what I consider the best thing about UCR, is that is always sunny ~9 months out of the year.

The best thing at University of California, Riverside would be the wide variety of of mentors at on campus. There are mentors in every corner you turn. Mentors could in all different forms. For example, most commonly mentors are found in any type of club whether it be a pre/health club to a religious club. Students at UCR are always willing to step out and lend a hand to their fellow UCR students. Also, mentors are also faculty members and professors. From experience, I look up a lot of my professors and often come back to visit for advice.

The best thing about my school is the diversity. You can't walk into a class and not notice the many different ethnicities around. This provides a student with a broader college experience. Students learn to tolerate and enjoy the many different languages and traditions that other students have. No person is singled out and no group is not joined. All people seem to enjoy the many different types of friends and classmates. Different cultures help students prepare and understand other people in the real world. It is a great benefit to have.