University of California-San Diego Top Questions

Smart, studious students who also know when to relax should attend UC San Diego. Infamous for being a ten minute walk away from the beach, La Jolla prides itself on its radiant, sunny days and beautiful evening sunsets. UCSD is known for being a school focused on research in the science departments so engineers and future doctors should definitely consider this school. Students can bus to downtown San Diego and explore life in the city. Students who believe in “BIGGER IS BETTER” would feel right at home at this university which boasts a system that includes six different colleges.

A person who wishes to attend the University of California, San Diego must have a sort of intellectual curiosity. A love of learning will take you far. The grades are based off how well an individuals can think critically and make connections between key concepts. Simply showing up and doing minimal work will leave you behind the curve. Yet, taking one's learning into their own hands transforms willing individuals into scholars and allow them to truly shine at this school.

SunWoo

Someone that is ready to take academics serioiusly and also want to have fun.

JenAnn

Someone who knows what they want to do, likes the environment, and is hardworking.

Bryan Paulo

Someone prepared to for the rigorous coursework and comfortable in a competitive environment. Unlike high school where teacher says they will treat the class as a college course and still hold your hand, the professors here will not go to you if oyu are failing so always seek help. Someone who is comfortable with a school that does not always specialize in school spirit but fosters growth through finding one's own special place or niche as many administrators call it. Also, one should be ready for a lot of walking as this campus is one of the largest.

Spenser

A student that is very academically focus who doesn't require vibrant social opportunities in order to be satisfied with their college experience.

Students who are dedicated to academics and/or plan to go to grad/med school afterwards. There are also a lot of extracurricular and social activities and career-designed programs to help ambitious and social people enjoy their college experience.

Samuel

A socially outgoing and artistically and academically driven person.

Yen

The courses here are very challenging and academically rigorous. The professors are experts in their field and the students who attend are all from the top 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of their high school graduating class. Needless to say, the competition can be very stressful for some and it makes it that much more difficult to attain that elusive "A". However, there are SO many opportunities for research and internships through campus.

I think someone outgoing and bold should attend this school. It would be best if he/she enjoyed hot weather and doesn't mind a long walk across campus.

Nishant

The majority of students at UCSD are happy and ambitious. They find a balance between their academic lives and private lives, each becoming successful individuals. People who appreciate balance in life, academically and socially, should seriously consider attending UCSD.

elisabeth

someone who is motivated to learn should attend UCSD. it is a competative environment and not somewhere that you can attend class without being engaged and actively learning.

Manalian

The kind of person attending UC San Diego should be motivated, goal-oriented, strongly in the Sciences.

Annie

Someone who is motivated to do well but also doesn't mind the quiet. It's not a party school and can be quiet. There are things to do but you will just need to find it. There are a diverse number of people with many religions so be open-minded. Everyone has different opinions whether you accept or not but you should respect people unless they do harm. Also, it's a big campus but it's great for exercise and fresh air.

Mikayla

Someone who is dedicated. If you think you can just sit around and do nothing because "that's what you did in high school" think again. This college is very demanding.

A very studious person that doesn't mind no having a social life.

Miao

Kids who like personal attention from professors. If you like small lecture halls and don't mind being in the middle of nowhere, this is the place for you

People who attend UCSD should be more focused on studying. Those who want a huge social life with parties, drinking, etc. just has to pick the right crowd to hang out with. There's something for everyone here practically.

Secil

People who are looking to obtain a really enriching experience and who don't mind not partying much.

jeffrey

People who have difficulty being social, like to study alot, don't want to learn life lessons, want to drink yourself stupid, not grow up.

Cyril

The quintessential UCSD student is academically motivated, driven, competitive, and engaged with the surrounding community. UCSD has a reputation as being one of the largest "feeder" universities to medical schools and has a respected pre-medical department. Thus, tenacious biology majors who dream of being doctors thrive here. The beach, along with the weather in general, is also quite nice and thus, the school is great for typical California kids who have only seen snow in pictures.

Marlyn

This school is known as the "hottest" school for science. Anyone can fit in here, but ultimately if one wants to persue a career in science, this is the place to be. There are so many opportunities for research experience. Again, anyone with any major can fit in here, especially science majors. UCSD is located in a very beautiful area and nothing beats the beach! If you are a serious student and competitive, and also love to get involved, UCSD is the place to be. People are brilliant, but laid back at the same time.

Tina

UC San Diego has a LOT to offer. Since it is a large university, the possibilities of extra-curriculars are endless. One of the negative sides of attending a large university, however, is that no one is going to hold your hand and force you to become involved. I recommend this school to students that are independent, outgoing, and motivated. We do not have a lot of school "spirit" because we do not have a football team, but you will find that if you become involved with on-campus organizations the school is a lot smaller and much more fun.

Orian

someone very focused in academics

Someone who is dedicated and focused on their career. Someone who will take their studies seriously and does not get intimidated by other competitive students. Also, this school looks for independent students who can learn in and out of classroom surroundings.

Julius

The school is very friendly and accepting of all types of people, but academically it is very focused on engineering and students planning to go into research occupations.

Puneet

A laid back kind of person, we aren't a party school. We're more of a relax with a beer school. Academics are a high priority, while we are good at sports that's not why you should come.

Lily

Someone who is academically-oriented but at the same time sociable would love this school.

Someone focused on meeting career goals but well-rounded enough to want to have fun at the same time and take advantage of the extracurricular opportunities offered by the campus. I am not a party-er so I can't comment on the number or kinds of parties thrown by students on campus.

Raymond

people who are self motivated and people who are looking for a nice environment.

Holiday

Any type

Someone that wants to go to med school and has no other interests outside of the classroom.

morgan

Anyone who is studious, serious, and does not require an active social life should attend this school. Someone who is looking for an education and nothing more would LOVE this school. However, those who are looking for a more well-rounded college experience SHOULD attend this school if and only if they are willing to WORK to find the kind of people similar to themselves. These groups can be found and provide a very well-rounded college experience.

Jong

UCSD is a campus with a reputation that claims "socially dead." Although, all students may find many social events to participate in, no one will take the initiative to have people there. People who are self-willing to go out and meet new people are best fit for this university's social level. Students who are interested in the medical, science, or engineering field should definately consider this university as one of their top choices. The campus is only a few minutes away from the beach, so people who are athletic and enjoy sports are also well fit.

Someone who is academically focused and doesn't mind a lack of social life on campus.

michelle

studious, career/grad/med school oriented, loves the beach and warm weather, likes to stay indoors or enjoy the night life when and after 21 years old. Need to be socially active.

Anyone who is serious about education and interested in learning more should attend UCSD. Any individual who is open-minded and willing to try new experiences should also attend this school so that the diversity level amongst culture, sex, sexual orientation, can increase.

Someone who is able to be very self-driven. People who are not really sure what they want to do can try out a lot of different things here and see what they are most interested in. I think it is BEST though for people looking to go to grad school afterward, particularly Pre-Med.

Someone who can benefit from the level of academic competiveness. The fact people are willing to share notes and form study groups shows that UCSD isn't cut throat, however, there are a lot of hard-working, intelligent people who will raise the class average. That person must be willing to work hard not only due to the fact others are trying to do better than their peers, but because they want to learn. There are no easy classes at UCSD; you have to set goals for yourself and want to improve.

Evangeline

Someone who is research-oriented and want to major in a science or engineering.

If you are intent on learning (especially sciences/engineering based), UCSD is perfect for you! It is not a crazy partying school, keep in mind, but SDSU is not that far away! Also, people that enjoy the beach and nice weather practically all year around should come here!

people that enjoy learning alot and studying very hard.

Juan

someone who is goal orientated and is strongly focused.

Someone who wants to learn about the world around them.

Ting-Chun

Those who are interested in science, engineering, or computer science should attend this school.

Kin

smart person

Barbara

People who are more focus on their studies and career should attend this school. Most of the students here stress and worry about classes and forget everthing else, like what makes college fun. Often times, they will forego going out with their friends or even socializing just to hit the books in the library. UCSD is a great school when it comes to engineering and biology and I think those that are serious in those fields should go to this school. Also the kind of person who doesn't like to socialize that much.

hard working and diligent. there are no parties here... yes.

Winny

Everyone. This school provides just the right type of outlets to fit people of all interests.

Dianne

a hard working student who isnt too into partying because UCSD isnt a big party school, but it isnt all that bad as long as youre social enough, you will find friends and parties. you have to study a lot and it can get competitive, just work hard and you'll be fine