University of California-Santa Cruz

« See more reviews of University of California-Santa Cruz

Describe the dorms.

The dorm rooms vary from a single to a quad. Depending on what college you choose, your dorm might look danky or modern. The size of the rooms are bigger than most dorms I've seen at other universities. Even in my hall leaves their door open, which brings a friendly environment. Most people get along with each in their building and you gain a sense of family within.

The Trailer Park is located behind Kresge. It’s a fair sized trailer park. Its one of the cheapest ways to live in Santa Cruz, plus its also located on campus. It’s known for housing some of the hippiest students on campus. Residents actually get to own the trailers while they live in them, and the option of returning them or taking them away.

Lounges are a popular place for freshmen to hangout with other freshmen in the dorms. Many freshmen study, socialize or play videos games there. You can almost always find someone playing a video game in the dorm lounge, especially N64 or Guitar Hero.