University of California-Santa Cruz

« See more reviews of University of California-Santa Cruz

The campus is beautiful; we are in a forest, and you can't go more than five minutes without being stunned by the veiw, whether it be of the ocean or of the redwoods. Also, it is a fantastic school; it is rated as the first schoold for research influence by Times Higher education just in 2014. Our astrophysics and computer engineering majors are amazing, and our humanities majors are fantastic as well. Also, the Bioengineering major has the most cutting edge concentrations in California, including Assistive Technology Cognitive/Perceptual, and Bioelectronics, and Biomolecular concentrations.

When talking about my school to my friends, I inform them on how multicultural the campus is. The whole campus is split into ten different "colleges", each having its own image. There is something very beautiful and unique about the types of people that attend each college, which makes UC Santa Cruz have a variety of different people. Each college has its own stereotype, which isn't always true for every person, but is true regarding a big percentage of the whole college. It goes from computer geeks at Crown to hippies at Kresge to Asians at College Nine.

Santa Cruz is more than I could ever ask for. When my friends ask me what my favorite aspect of attending school at UC Santa Cruz is, a plethora of various characteristics run through my mind. The people are friendly, laid-back, and open minded, but my favorite part about being a student at UC Santa Cruz is the beautiful campus enviorment. I am surrounded by towering green trees, clad with a variety of different plants bordering the beautiful hiking trails, and all of this wonder is amidst a hilltop. I am truly blesssed to attend UC Santa Cruz.

When I'm with my friends I mainly brag about my campus' easy going surrounding and how it changed my lifestyle with education. Though the campus limits biking and driving, it gives us(students) a feeling of being at ease and relaxation everytime we look around. Being around trees and the forest everyday puts peoples mental state, including mine, in a stressfree state because everywhere you look is beautiful and puts your thoughts in the right zone to get work done. I always feel less stressed out compared to friends at other campuses.

When I tell my friends about my school, I brag about the class sizes and personal attention we get. We have the best of both worlds; lecture classes with the professor that have anywhere from 150-300 students, and a corresponding ?section,? taught by a TA, with 20-40 students. Not only do almost every one of our professors give the lectures, but they establish office hours so that we can get one-on-one time. There is so much help, from professors, TA?s, and peers in section, that it is actually difficult to do poorly.

that the lectures are big (like a movie theater), people are really friendly, i dont need to be car-dependent since the school has buses, the campus is really big, it is very nature-like, environmentally friendly and aware, the school has many trees and has clean/refreshing air, its near the beach, people are laid-back, many of the researchers are well-known.

The scenery of the school is beautiful and the Jewish Studies Department is great. We also have the top astronomy and anthropology departments in the nation which is not very known. I had a lot of great professors but the few that stood out were the ones that were completely open to the students and available for their needs.

It's the most beautiful place you'll ever live. And it's a top-rated research institution. There's more social activism here than you've ever seen, and you become very socially aware in a short period of time thanks to the core course all freshmen take. I can say I emerged from UCSC a better person than when I entered.

My professors and the reading material that was assigned. I have lent many of the books from class and love being able to bring something I learned in lecture to a conversation. It happens more often than not. I miss the campus a lot. It is beautiful with all of the redwoods and view of Santa Cruz.

I met the best friends of my life at this school. Santa Cruz is the coolest place ever to go to school. It was close to everything, but far enough away to escape from big city life. And I mean, you're going to school in the forest, while the beach is 10 minutes away -- how could it get better?