University of California-Santa Cruz

« See more reviews of University of California-Santa Cruz

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

A big stereotype is that we're all hippies and massive stoners, oh and also big party people. It is said that UCSC is like a city on the hill and is it's own little environment apart from Santa Cruz.

UCSC students are all stoners. UCSC students slack off and don't go to classes. UCSC students are against the long-range-development project. UCSC students are liberal.

That UCSC students are stoners, hippies, super liberal, and not incredibly studious. There are also individual stereotypes for each residential college on the campus.

SOme stereotypes are that we are all stoners, and hippies. Thats not true, also people think UCSC is an easy school but its just as demanding as any other UC.

The stereotypes about UCSC students include being very politically activist, liberal, hippie, pot smoking people who enjoy the forest.

When UCSC comes to people's minds, the first thing they think of is stoner. Second is Hippie, and after that I have no idea.

stereotypes are that we don't take education as seriously as other UC's.. That we smoke a lot of pot and do psychedelics.

It's considered a hippie school where kids live in trees, go to classes naked if they choose, and are entirely vegan.

That this is purely a party school The idea that all UCSC students are students and laid back and stoners

Everyone at UCSC smokes weed, doesn't shower, doesn't shave, etc. And that we don't have grades.