University of California-Santa Cruz

« See more reviews of University of California-Santa Cruz

Someone who does not like nature should probably reconsider going to UCSC. You encounter racoons, deers, squirells, bababa slugs and occasionally bob cats or coyotes. There are also a lot of hills as well. But it is for these reasons and others that I love this school. UCSC is also very liberal, but everyone is very accepting and respectful of you.

A person who needs an extremely active enviornment, with lots of life and job opportunities outside of campus should not attend this school. This school is great for a person who isn't quite sure what field they want to major in and want to take it easy. The person with a specific career path in mind and a lot of motivation should not go here.

The kind of person that should not attend this is the person who dislikes walking. Santa Cruz, althought a beautiful campus, is full of hills and mountains which make it hard to not be tired when getting to classes. There is also a flourishing wildlife here with deers, raccoons, and skunks, so those that are not into wildlife should be wary.

People who are looking for something to occupy their time. There's nothing wrong with going to college to figure out what you would like to do with the rest of your life as long as you are really using college as a means of finding it. If going to school means you're only attending on record, than perhaps university isn't for you.

A person who wants to have a keg at least 4 times a week at every party and has no interest in getting an education or focusing on school. A person who wants to be in a large city and does not value nature or does not partake in helping the environment would not like to attend this university.

Whoever is not passionate enough to motivate themselves should not attend this school. The professors are very intelligent and great resources and will teach you alot, but to really excell, you will need to apply yourself and go above and beyond to prepare for life after college.

A person who is not willing to accomplish their goals, or put any effort into what they do. Those who give up easily and won't try to become a better person, mainly because it is essential for a person to develop and grow in order to be successful.

Some one who can't handle the outdoors or is out of shape shouldn't go to UCSC. You have to be open minded coming to UCSC and be wiling to look for your cup of tea in people. Once you do, you'll fit right in!

Any student should be able to find their niche here. Extrememly religious or conservative students may have difficulty fitting in. As long as one is open-minded, they should fit it fine.

Honestly, anyone could come to UCSC and potentially have the best time of their life. It doesn't matter what type of person you are. Coming to UCSC and living your life is all you need.