Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

I would give myself the following advice - Show up at 8:00 a.m. at the latest for parking if you have a morning class. Around 12 for an afternoon class. - Keep a copy of your schedule in the car, backpack, and at home along with a campus map. - Unless you've won the lottery, pack a lunch, because school food is expensive. - Coffee is man's best friend, not dogs. - Don't worry if your present friends decide they hate you for going to school. College is a place for new friends. - Stay on birth control pills

The worst thing about the school is that when the college email goes down for students, faculty can still check their email and post things. Since the faculty member could access the website, but the student could not, it creates tension about assignments.

Anybody could attend this school. There are students from all over the world as well as local students, and everyone tends to get along fine. The campus is safe and friendly for its students, and the faculty are always very helpful.

Mara

What do you really want in life? What can you see yourself doing as a career choice? This is something that I'm still struggling with today. Sit down and think deeply about what you want to do after college. Once you found that resolution, keep it and never let go. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't do what you love. Going back in time, I would tell myself these wise words. I would also advise myself to branch out of my comfort zone. Meet more people, go places, and don't be afraid to make mistakes. It's going to happen regardless of how much you try to be the "perfect student". Making good grades and a good impression on professors is very important, but don't forget to have fun too. Find the balance between the social life and academic success. Learn to communicate with both students and professors, because you can learn a lot from them even outside of the classroom. People struggle with different aspects of college life, but this is advice that I wish I had received in high school.

I wish I had known more people before coming to this school. While the community at UCA is very friendly and helpful, people still tend to stay in their own groups. It's easy to make friends at first, but when you try to branch out it proves to be a little more difficult, because everyone already has their own friends that they hang out with. Meeting new people is easy, but becoming friends with them is another situation entirely.

When you want to get into a club, it's difficult to get in touch with the right person. A lot of times the administration doesn't even know who is over what club or any information about it. (i.e. where they meet, what time, what days, etc.) I would appreciate a list of clubs, because many of the student run organizations are not mentioned anywhere and they're basically promoted by word of mouth. I know there are several clubs you can join; you just have to find them.

Alicia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not be concerned with what other people think of me. Do not be afraid to show your intelligence. Asking questions is always beneficial and will help you to feel more confident when you make the transition from high school to college. Perseverance is important when you are finishing your last few months of high school. When you feel like giving up imagine the liberty you will eventually have at college, getting to study the subjects you love and pursuing your future career. At fist, it may seem relieving not to attend the same class everyday, buy do not slack off on your studies. There are many ways to gain insight and knowledge; you will be surprised to know all of the exciting new things you will come across when you put all your effort into studying.

Brandi

My college experience has taught me that hard work is imperitive for success. Moving out of the house, away from my parents, I had complete freedom to do whatever I chose. Luckily, I knew that if I wanted to get a good education, and hopefully a good job in the future, I needed to focus on my education. I have worked extremely hard to stay on top of my classwork, and it paid off when I got a 4.0 last semester. College really teaches you how the real world works - it is all up to you. If you want to put in the work, you will get the results that you want. However, if you decide to take your education lightly and blow off your classes and work, then you will have to face the consequences in the long run. College has trained me to be the type of person who succeeds. I know that my work ethic and determination that I have gained in my first year of college will allow me to become the person that I want to become when I graduate.

Someone who does not have school spirit, and does not like to be involved in campus activities shouldn't attend UCA. The school is centered around participation and school spirit, and the people who do not enjoy that type of activity will probably not be very involved students.

I love the feeling of home that I get when I am here. The staff and faculty are extremely welcoming and kind. Everyone treats you like they have known you for years, and they make sure to make you feel right at home.

Ebonique

College has taught me a couple of things in life. Coming into college has made me become more mature, focused and learned a lot of techniques that I will need in the future college life. College success helped me out a lot. Without that class I would be unorganized, off task, and bad note taker. The class was a good experience and gave me a lot of information about the college. Today I am more independent and focused on school. I’ve achieved a lot of things in life being in college. I feel real good about myself and fired up to go into my 2nd semester of college to learn new things. I am glad that I attended college and I will stay in school until I graduate. In high school we didn’t learn anything about the college life. Schools should have college prep class to prepare you for college, so students would know what to expect and to let them know that it’s not like high school. College is a very important phase in life and never give up on things that you might not think you can succeed in….just believe.

Aaron

College taught me to become the person I was called to be. Friends and professors pushed me to develop my skills, and to become a life-long learner in order to improve the conditions of our world. Now as I am in the working world, I see the drought our country has entered, and that my job is to inspire those around me to pursue their own dreams.

Any student looking for a college large enough to organize exciting social events and host concerts/plays, and also are looking for a college small enough to feel like one can make a difference, UCA is the right place for them.

I met some of the most wonderful people there. Part of this is to do the fact that UCA attracts a large number of international students.

Dawson

Teachers can be stranglers. They can choke the imagination that used to flow through the five year old selves we once were. Teachers never intend to do this; they just find that it is a very difficult process to relay the wisdom of their experience to the unexperienced without the experience itself. But among these there are some with a unique respect. Like their colleagues they respect the theories for their history, but also respect their students for their future. I have found some of these people among the professors at UCA. They are those who have shown me how little I will ever know by admitting how little they know. Those who teach me patience and perseverance by demonstrating the satisfaction brought by creativity and inquisition. Those who don't attempt to create the experience but help me observe the experience unfold as I mature. Life can be done without college, but is hard without teachers. UCA is its teachers. Some know this. They make it a valuable experience.

One who wants to push himself academically, and challenge himself to learn might want to seek out another school. Of course this varies within departement and is dependant on professors and the student's approach, but overall there is an overwhelming attitude of "let's-get-her-done" rather than "I'm here to develope myself." Students with an attitude discribed by the latter statement should pursue higher academic standards.

Anilah

My school is one of the greatest schools to atted and I think others should consider it as one of their college choices.

The most important thing that I have learned so far during college is that procratination will get you. College is nothing like high school. You practically have to study everyday you are there. Another thing i have gotten out of college is that it is good to make new friends. You will have more fun and learn alot of new things. Also, do not wait until the last minute to get help from a professor. Get to know your professors early. By doing so you will only make it easier on yourself.

The thing I consider to be the worst at my school are the lack of food choices because I get tired of eating the same kinds of food every day.

Amber

College has been an experience unlike any other. Although I have only been attending Pensacola Junior College for a little over a year, it has helped me significantly. I have had amazing professors that are willing to work with you, and help you on a one-to-one basis. I can honestly say that I have learned a great deal from them as well.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.