Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

Jordan

My school has a huge sense of campus pride and strong sense of community and support throughout the faculty/staff and student populations.

College has given me a sense of self that I don't think I could have gotten anywhere else. It has put me outside of my comfort zone to thrive not only academically, but also among my peers. In college I have found a motivation that I never had in high school. I know that I am making an investment in my future, and it is an investment that only I am able to make. This fact has pushed me to carefully evaluate what I want for myself, and how to get there. College has not only given me every opportunity I need, it has given me an invaluable reason to succeed. My college experience has also been invaluable outside of my academic career. Given the opportunity to live my life to my own standards, I've seen who and what I want to place emphasis on. I've gained a much stronger sense of family, true friendship, and enduring faith since I've started college, and I know that all of those things will continue to top my priority list for the rest of my life.

My school has stood strong through many generations, and even many different names. It has the comfort and community of a small town, but educational opportunities that can rival big city colleges. We have great professors in a large variety of majors and minors, great sports teams, strong religious clubs throughout the campus, and many other clubs and groups to fulfill almost any interest.

Shauna

My classmates are enjoying soaking up the vast knowledge they're obtaining at UCA, yet are eager to get out in the world and use that knowledge to make a difference.

I would love to go back to 1998, when I was a High School senior, and tell myself to choose that full-paid scholarship over my High School sweetheart. Getting married straight out of High School has cost me dearly. I just wanted to have a "normal" job and raise a family. Well, "normal" job = minimum wage = poverty. Now, at age 30, I've had more than my share of "normal" jobs while raising 2 children. Although my husband holds a license in the Electrical field, his income compared to our family of 4 places us below the poverty level! Being back in school and realizing how these past 10 years could've been so different over one stupid decision makes me sick. I try not to think about it, but I could be celebrating my 6th year as a Pharmacist. Imagine the lifestyle my kids could be enjoying right now! I WILL finish. I WILL succeed. I WILL have the lifestyle my family and I deserve. But, I WILL be 35 instead of 25 when that happens. That makes me want to go back in time and just slap myself!

After experiencing other 2-year and 4-year schools around the state, I believe UCA is truly a place for everyone. The atmosphere is very laid back, yet intensely knowledge-penetrating. Some students dress up for class while others show up in their pajamas. The professors don't care what you look like as long as you're learning. Although it's the largest school I've attended, UCA is also the most down-to-earth college I've been a part of. I truly believe anyone would feel right at home here.

Stefany

We are best known for our marching band and out Football team. Our Band is awesome and our football team is often the best in our confrence.

I would tell myself to never be a Theater Major, to be an education major. I would tell myself to be a duck, and let everything negative said to me in band just roll off and not let it sink in like I did. I've learned a lot and I don't regret anything luckily.

I wish I had known that there were so many fees. I know that is how it is at all schools, but I was dumb and didn't know that originally. They are always raising the fees and the costs to attend this school.

Jordan

You should be absolutely sure that you what to declare a major in your first semester. Get involved with Chi Alpha. Pray and fast about college. Make schedules and keep them. Show love to your friends and brother. Don't let your mother do everything for you. Learn to cook better. Learn to communicate, better. Write down your prayers, feelings and dreams.

I brag about the research that I do and student ministry group that I am in. This University allows undergrads to do serious scientific research and Chi Alpha is the thrid largest of its kind in the nation.

Matthew

The University of Central Arkansas, is an excellent school. It has many majors to choose from including the option to continue your education with them by going to graduate school. The school has very loyal students who study hard to learn the tools necessary to move on to their future careers and this is all accomplished by some of the top professors in the country.

Ive learned alot during my 4+ years studying Biology in college and If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior, I would simply say "Devote your self now to science, because science is what you are mean't to be apart of. Focus strictly on school, because that is what will create success in your life."

At the University of Central Arkansas, all kinds of people are welcome. It doesnt matter what color you are as long as your bleed purple! Go bears!

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college, my golden rule would be "GO TO CLASS"! Although I always try my best to make it to class, I would have to let myself know that missing one day of college is the equivalent of missing an entire week of high school. I definately don't want myself to fall behind because it is much more difficult to catch up in a colleg class than in the classes I am used to. I would tell myself that my future professors are not going to let me know what I missed in a previous class, and that, most likely, they won't even know who I am. Unless I have friends in my classes who I can get missed information from, it is near impossible to find out what I need to know; and with my luck it would be the most important lecture of the entire semester. Knowing what I know now about college, I would make sure to tell myself to never miss a class unless it is absolutely necessary.

Before coming to UCA I wish I had known many things. Mainly, I wish that my high school counselors would have explained in more detail how things in college work. I wish I had known how to register for my classes, where I can go if I need help academically, and how quickly the classes would move. I wish I had known that missing one day of college is the equivalent of missing an entire week of high school. I also wish I would have been more familiar with campus.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Central Arkansas has nothing to do with academics - it's the drainage system! Every time it rains the entire campus floods, and I am walking through four inches of water to class. I actually leave my rainboots in my car so I don't risk ever forgetting them. Sitting in class all day with soaking wet feet and pants is not fun.

alexandra

enjoy high school because your life changes dramatically after high school. financial burdens for college put stress on me and my mom so i should start applying for schlorships now. think long and hard what i am interested in for college so my degree will be something i like doing the next 60 years. i should save more money because now i know a whole paycheck would only buy one book for a college class. studying all the time gets old but getting that 4 year degree is a must to help me be successful for life.

it is a 4 year college that has a good long standing reputation in arkansas. several of my high school teachers received a degree from uca. it is centrally located in arkansas .

any person that is persuing a 4 year degree. uca is located right in the middle of arkansas, so the location is good for arkansas and surrounding states.the campus is big enough for thousands of students but small enough to get to know professors and other students with different interest and backgrounds. the dorm life at uca is great for meeting lifelong friends study access.uca offers ranging degree oportunities and i love being a uca bear.

DeBion

Our school is know for our Occupational Therapy program. It is the only professional level-occupational therapy educational program in the state of Arkansas. They not only given assiatance to UCA students but they also give assitance to residents of the entire region and state. UCA is the second only to University Arkansas of Medical Sciences campuse in the number of majors in health-related fields. We are also known for for having one of the highest graduration rate in Arkansas.

The number one thing is to go to class. Not going to class can cause you to fail the class and lose your scholarship money. You are not only affecting your future, but you also putting more on your parents. You have to remember that you have paid your money for each class that you are taking and the professors do not care or have any sympathy for your irresponsible actions. College is not a game. It is nothing to be played with. You have to stay focused and take classes and grades seriously which is the main goal to succeeding in college. You will be very stressed out at times to point you want to give up but do not. I promise it will get better, and you will be so proud of yourself once you have survived your first semester, even if you do not have the grades you really want. College has made me look at life differently. You have to handle your business or it will handle and control you in college. If you come with your priorities rights and a postive state of mind you will succeed college.

University of Central Arkansa is an all around good school. This is my second semester and i have really enjoyed my experience here. We have awesome professors. They make you feel very comfortable in the class room and they also make sure they are always in their office to help in every possible way. The things i just hate are very minor. For example, the Residental dorm I live in fire alarms are very sensitive so they go off all times of the day and night.

Corey

If I could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself to practice better study habits. I took hard classes in high school but never really had to study very often. Now I am taking extremely hard science classes while working two part time jobs. Therefore, I could definately use better time management skills and study habits. I have also learned to focus on my schoolwork all semester and never get comfortable. I have started off well in several classes, then relaxed to focus on my harder classes and ended up with a B in the easy classes.

I brag about the Physical Therapy Program at our school that I hope to one day be accepted into.

The most frustrating thing on this campus is the little availabilty of parking, the lack of interest in greek life, and the lack of school spirit.

I would definately relate to my high school self that I need to apply for scholarships and financial aid. Also, I would tell myself to stop being so lazy and go get a job. When I was in high school I was always under the impression that my parents would pay for everything, and they did. They have taken care of my tuition thus far, however, now my younger sister will be going to college, and after her my brother. This means I cannot expect them to fully support me anymore. I am also transferring to UALR next year for my major, so I will be further from home and in a completely different environment. As a result, my transition to adulthood will be difficult. I am now into the spring semester of my sophmore year. I have made bad decisions and good ones concerning college. UCA was not my first pick. However, if I was to converse with my high school self I wouldn't change anything. UCA has made me realize what it takes to succeed. I just have to apply the tools the university has given me so I can support myself, and become fully self-sufficient.

I wish I had known how to take care of myself. My parents are both retired military and I have been supported, and sheltered. Most of the time I went home at least three or four times a week, receiving gas and spending money as well as tuition from my parents. Now, as a sophmore in college, I have decided its time I try to support myself and act like an adult. I will be getting a job, renting an apartment, buying my own food, and paying for my tuition and books. Its overwhelming, the prospect of being independent.

The worst thing about UCA is that there are not enough resourses. As a result of bad management by our former president of the university, the classrooms struggle. In some of my classes the teachers require the students to print off their own handouts for the curriculum, this is a result of UCA's insufficient funds for paper. UCA also has metered parking, which I highly disagree with because there is not enough parking at the school for all the students anyways. These are all of my dislikes about UCA, overall I attend a very good university.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.