Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

Jordan

If I was able to go back and give myself advice while in high school, I would have told myself to learn how to manage my time better. In college I have realized that you have more time for studies and/or socializing rather than in high school. It is important to be able to balance your time and have more than enough time for your studies.

Before attending the University of Central Arkansas in the fall of 09', I wish I would have known to learn better studying habits in high school.

When telling my friends about the school I attend, I tend to brag about how small my classes are. I fell that the smaller the classes the more I get out of each class. The one on one time I recieve from my professors is great.

Victoria

Dear younger and na?ve me, Soon you will begin your first semester at college. And I just want to write this letter warning you of the mistakes you are going to make. This semester you will procrastinate and choose to have fun instead of working on your assignments. Your procrastination will lead to many stressful nights and disappointing days. You will also fall into the trap of letting your friends influence you to hang out instead of doing your schoolwork. But, as the semester continues you will learn to say no because it?s for your own good. Just have fun, but always make sure to put school first. Writing this letter has made me realize that no matter how much I warn you, you are still going to make mistakes. And I?m glad, because the mistakes you make this semester will make you into a better person. Your mistakes are going to teach you some important lessons; lessons you would have never learned any other way. And be glad you learned these lessons now instead of later in your life. Just remember to live life fully and learn. Sincerely, older and experienced you!

Overall the University of Central Arkansas is a great place to live and study. In my opinion there is really no bad thing about the college, but one of the few negatives is some of the rules the Housing department places upon students whos roommate moves out. I understand the reasoning behind some of the rules, but for example not being able to bunk the beds is an inconvience. In my situtation I would like to use the limited space in my drom room wisely and not being able to bunk the beds in a little annoying.

In my opinion some one who is narrow minded or is easily persuaded should not attend the University of Central Arkansas or for that matter any university. On a college campus a person is faced with many different views on society and if that person is narrow minded then they are not going to grow or experince life. Additionally, if a person is easily persuaded then they are not going to become an individual with their own opinions and beliefs.

In high school, my classmates were all happy go lucky and carefree. There was a handful that wanted to go to college and we did. Did we try are hardest? No... Were we excited about partying? yes. Having been in college right out of high school, getting a 2 year degree, going to work in the corporate world for 7 years, starting a family, losing my job, and now starting back to college at the age of 30 to do what I finally want to do, I would give anything to go back in time.

I am now 30 and have been on both sides of the fence, as far as partying college student and non-partying college student. My number one advice I would give to students going into college is Attend Class. Yes I realize that college means freedom, but what it doesnt mean is you can slack off on going to class. Going to class is a major part in college success. My next advice would be sit in front of the class room. Sitting in front of the classroom leaves less room for talking and texting during class. Next tid bit of advice would be get to know your teachers, and allow your teachers to get to know you. This will go along ways I can promise you from past experience. Participate. Participating in class discussions will help you in the long run. If you discuss the lesson, you are more likey to learn what the teacher is trying to teach you. All in all, you need to remember that you are there to further your education. Your future and your families future will depend upon this education heavily.

I wish I would have known what the real world was like. As a high school student, I was not prepared for college like a student should be. Your under strict supervision, then bam.....You have freedom to choose whether you go or not. I think students now days, need to have more opportunities to take college classes in high school and need to be taught more responsibility. College is not easy, and extremely hard if you go into it with a carefree attitude. Its very IMPORTANT. Im 30 years old and discovering that!

the student body at UCA is professional, fun, energetic, filled with school spirit, accepting, propelling, encouraging, illuminating, and empathetic.

If I could return to myself as a High School Senior I would advise myself to be more adept at meeting people, making friends and 'small talk', practice test-taking, familiarize myself with the student organizations and programs available to students through the campus.

anyone whom is open-minded and v ery focused towards their long-term life goals would feel extremely comfortable and wecomed at this school. In order to excell at UCA and be an integral part of the community students have to be very driven in their studies, earn their grades and utilize campus opportunities.

I would teach myself how to study more effectively for tests, because college tests are harder than high school tests. I was a pretty good test taker in high school, but in college I have to study in a completely dfferent style in order for me to better comprehend the material. If I had know how to study and practiced this technique in high school, then I might not have struggled so much during my first year in college.

Britney

My classmates are open-minded and friendly, often willing to help when it is required.

College will be the best years of your life. You'll make new friends, keep your old, and go to a pretty awesome school. Take biology your first year, because it's going to hurt your gpa. You should also take KPED your first year, because it's just annoying. Don't be afraid to be yourself - people are pretty accepting of you here. Learn to talk and socialize. Get involved. Make sure you go to class, too (although that's not a real problem with your future self). Also, don't buy your books before the first day of class. Some classes won't even use the book - they're just required to list one. Save your money - don't buy stupid things that you don't need! Also, don't bring everything you own with you - there's not that much space. Don't be afraid of new roommates either - they tend to be pretty awesome (one of your future ones is married now and in Australia! How cool is that?). Mostly, just study and have fun. Don't stress out - it's not worth it.

Some of the professors have a God-complex.

Carolyn

My school offers several varities of social clubs/organizations and offers many different majors.

Personally I would say "College is a great way to go to further your education and you should strive as a high school student to do your best on your ACT score and your GPA because in college those two things determines a lot in your college life. Also during college study, study, STUDY!! The more you study the more prepared you'll be for your classes and tests. I would also say to go to class each and everyday because attendance is the most importanat aspect to becoming a successful college student.

A person who wants a great education beyond high school.

Lindsay

The University of Central Arkansas is just the right size campus with enough social activities as well as a good education with teachers that are open to meeting with the students in their office.

The hardest thing about the transition from high school to college life was speaking up for myself and getting used to living more frugally. I was involved in a lot of social activities my freshman year, but I had a private suite and shared a living room and bathroom with a suitemate. Her boyfriend was over all day every day, he smelled, and they were messy. I wish I had been more assertive in suggesting that they hang out at his dorm as well. Sharing a space with a stranger that you have nothing in common with is difficult. It is something that every person should experience though, because I appreciate my current roommates I chose more than I would have otherwise. I was also in the Honors Program and freshman year we discussed a lot of philosophies I had never been exposed to. I wish I would not have been afraid to speak my view amongst the students with differing views. Although I had an academic scholarship and a small music scholarship stipened, it was still difficult to manage that stipened money. I had to conciously not blow it all at the beginning of the semester.

The money scandal that happened the 2008-2009 school year with school president, Lu Hardin.

Morgan

The University of Central Arkansas is a school with many fun unique people, a gorgeous campus, and many organizations and activites to get involved in.

Dear Morgan, I know it is your Senior year, and all you can think about is going off to college, but there are a couple of things to need to remember: I know you do well in your high school courses with minimal studying, but you need to develop good study habits now; they are essential to doing well in college. When move-in day finally arrives, it is a blast. After time passes though, you will begin to miss the comforts of home. Be sure to thank mom and dad now for everything that they do for you and let them know how much you appreciate everything they have provided you with, because they will continue to be your comfort and support in college. Sincerely Yourself as a college freshman

When it rains, it never fails that the much of the campus (incuding sidewalks) flood. It gets a little frustrating walking to class with wet feet.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.