Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

Justin

UCA is best known for it's physical therapy (PT) progam. UCA was the first university in the state to offer PT and has been graduating PT majors since 1972. It is a very competitive program that offers a PhD in physical therapy that takes seven years to complete. Many students from around the country attend UCA because of it's impressive PT program.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the best advice I could give myself is to get involved but remember why your there. Looking back on my first semester getting involved is what made my freshmen experience so great. You need to get out and meet everyone you can. You will be amazed at how many people you never knew will quickly become some of the most important people in your life. New friends and a refreshing new start as you begin a new chapter in your life makes the college experience all it's cracked up to be. Although getting invovled and meeting new people is vital to your college experience you have to keep in mind why you are there. School always comes first. Everytime you know you need to study or get caught up on homework there is always going to be someone wanting you to do something else, but there is always another time for that. Making an "A" on your next exam only comes around one time. Without a degree, college does not matter on a job application. Keeping your priorites straight is a vital component to the college experience.

There is honestly not very many bad things to say about UCA, but if i had to choose then parking would be the worst thing. For over 10,000 students there is very little parking on campus. Parking is not that bad if you live on campus, but for those who live off campus it is very hectic. Off campus students can only park in certain places which fill up very fast. Many students have to leave very early to find a parking spot and are often late to class because of this growing problem.

Jelisa

My school is very open to homosexuality. They have coming out day and different programs for homosexual people.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would say is that college is nothing like high school. There is no one there to make you do your work and make you go to class. Once you get there you are on your own, and it is up to you to make sure that you keep your grades up in order to stay in school. Try to make new friends and become close with your professors. Letting them know that you are a hard working student could help your grade in the end.

To attend The University of Central Arkansas a person should be independent.

Dorothy

I would tell myself to give it everything you've got. School is suppose to push you and extend your limits so let it! Take the opportunities that are given to you, make sure to get to know your professors and your classmates. As for help when you need it, and if it doesn't work out the first time keep trying. Also don't be afraid to take more math and science classes! If you can't take extra classes do it, and try and expand your mind and comfort zone. c

The smaller classes it is a good inbetween of a big and a small school.

How much fun it was. It was just a great overall experience the classes, friends, and professors.

Andrea

Do whatever you can to get involved. Don't be afraid to meet new people or try new things.

A person who isn't open to meeting all types of people from all over the world, and anyone who doesn't like to be involved on campus.

The most frustrating this about my school is that the library needs more funding and longer hours. I feel like this is a neglected part of UCA.

Kenneth

I would tell myself to graduate as earlier than I did and still go into the Army as I did. That gave me the discipline I needed to go back to college.

Some one who does not have the drive to succeed and contribute to society. A person who just whats to go on with their lives as it is.

University of Central Arkansas is a wonderful college and helps u look more into the future.

I would say to myself don't get mixed up in the wrong crowd. Keep your head in the books and noout partying and drinking everyday or every weekend. Support the college in any activities such as football and basketball games and etc... Just look int he future and see wat kind of future you want. If you want a good future then you will achieve in college to the best of your ability.

At University of Central Arkansas any student is welcome.

It seemed more personable than Fayetteville, but I felt like I could do more with my degree than I would from a smaller colle...

It seemed more personable than Fayetteville, but I felt like I could do more with my degree than I would from a smaller college.

I would definitely tell myself to learn how to manage my time. Just because you have to study doesn't mean you can't have a social life, so don't choose to go out with friends instead of studying for a French test. Also, don't be afraid to meet new people. Even though you have your group a friends that you generally tend to hang out with, it's always a good idea to know more people because friends from high school change and they're not always going to be your friends.

The interaction among students. You don't really have to be Greek to attend parties even though it definitely helps. Everyone generally gets along and tries to help each other out in the classroom.

Lyna

My classmates in general are great. They will help you if you ask for it. It may be intimidating at first to talk to new classmates, but it's great to get acquainted with them and you may find a friend or two in the crowd.

The University of Central Arkansas is probably best known for it's atmosphere. It's just a great place to meet people. There is a student center courtyard in the middle of campus that hosts several events during the week. You can participate in the activities or just enjoy it. Many people come by and just sit in the courtyard.

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! It is a major waste of time, and will definitely make you behind on lectures. Pay attention in class! Especially any sciences classes. Although it may not seem very important at the time, it will help you in your college studies. Be sure to make as many friends as possible, build a network of support and friends, especially ones that are going into the same field as you! They will no doubt help you in transitioning and help you during those days of hard-core studying for an exam! Try to keep yourself on a time schedule; time management is a great ability to have. Other than that, just enjoy your life as it comes; HAVE FUN!

My classmates are very diverse, opinionated, and friendly; they're pretty laid back people, but they get their schoolwork don...

My classmates are very diverse, opinionated, and friendly; they're pretty laid back people, but they get their schoolwork done.

Always visit the campus and talk to some of the students there before hand. I've heard a lot of people say that when they visited the campus of one of their choice colleges, their mind was made up. Plus college wouldn't be so great if you didn't get along with anyone there! Also make sure that they have a good program for the major you're thinking about, cause that's why you came to college, so make sure their academics are right for you. Making the most out of your college experience can be difficult. Make sure to put your studies first! I've seen so many people lose their scholarships their first year of college it's ridiculous. When you get used to your workload then feel free to have some fun on the weekends, and take advantage of the fun school sponsored events. Instead of studying alone, make a study group with friends. Thats another thing: make friends. There are thousands of people going to your school besides you, and one of the best ways to enjoy college is to is to enjoy it hanging out with your friends, so make lots of them!

I'd probably say that the worst thing about UCA is that the declining cash balance on your meal plan card in non refundable.....so eat as much as you can!

Allyson

Unfortunately, lately UCA has become well-known for the tradgedies there. We had a suicide, a drive-by shooting, and a peeping tom on campus. We are trying to improve the image of UCA, but because all of these incidents have ended up on the news, damaging the image of UCA even though it is a good school.

Finding the right college for you is something extremely personal. Don't pick your school based on where your friends are going or where your parents want you to go. If a school seems right for you, trust your instincts. Find out as much as you can about the school you want to go to before making a final decision. Find out what scholarships are available from the school you decide on, but don't think schools are the only ones who give money. Your church, your parents' employers, and many other organizations want to give money to college students. Take advantage of these sources - there is often much less competition.

I love the faculty at UCA. The teachers want to help you get good grades and have an interest in their subject. One of my teachers went out of her way to get me into an upper-level class a year early and two others wrote recommendations letters for me to get scholarships. They keep their office hours so they are available to talk to and they respond to e-mails right away. The faculty is full of friendly people who know a lot about their subject.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.