Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

I think our school is best know for it academics. It is a great education for a comparitvly low price.

I think the best way to pick a college is to pick the part of college that is most important to you. I knew i wanted to major in history and that my main focus would be academics, so I focused on finding a school with the best progaram for the best price close to home. The most important part of finding a college is picking the place where you feel comforterable and you feel like you can do your best. I also think the best way to get the most out of your experience is to live in the dorm your freshman year. That is the best way to make friends and experience all the extra-curriculars that the school has to offer. Get involeved with intermurals or something that intrests you, and you will make life-long friends that will also help when it comes time to need a study partner.

I believe that the best thing about UCA is that it is a very academically focused enviroment. While there is plenty to do when you need a break from studying and class, the main focus is always learning. It is really encouraging that many of the professors really want to help you and care about your ability to understand their class and do well. They won't hold your hand and do the work for you, but they gladly answer any questions they can if you go to them and ask.

Jacalyn

Don't let anyone choose for you. This is your decision, and it has to be right for you. Look into every aspect of the school, including location and financial aid. Choose a school that you will attend without regretting the decision.

The best thing about my school are the classes and campus life. I love going to class, and i love the environment we have on campus.

Amber

Our school is best known for our academics and athletes. Teachers are exceptional as well.

If I were able to give any advice to parents or students before attending college, it would be to look for an environment closest to your comfort zone. Do not attend a college way outside of your comfort zone. If you want to become involved, then it is best to live on campus your first year. This way you can become much more involved in campus activities.

Our school is very diverse. So I am not sure what type of person would attend this school.

Jaclyn

Make sure its for you and has the best department in the major you want.

Make sure its for you and has the best department in the major you want.

The fact that we are in financial debt and we are spending money on things we don't need.

Someone who is outgoing and willing to learn.

Breeanna

The fooball team, mascot and colors.

The fooball team, mascot and colors.

I would tell parents and students to go to every college that interests you and check out the campus. The pictures on the website aren't always a proper representation of the college. Be picky! This your education we're talking about; choose the school that is best for you. When it comes to making the most out of your college experience, just get out there. Do your best to meet new people. Go to events hosted by the campus. I think the most important thing is to make sure you get out and have fun. College is supposed to be the best years of our lives. Staying locked up in your room and only focusing on studies will not make it the best years. Do study hard though, just don't let it be the only thing you do.

I wish I had known that I didn't want to be a Business Major.

Austin

My classmates have been similar to the classmates i had in high school; some work hard, some goof off, some are shy, some ask a lot of questions, etc.

I would advise parents and students to work together to find the right college. It can be a very confusing process and I've seen a lot of people get discouraged to the point that they decided it wasn't worth it. If the kids and parents stick together, and find an advisor from the school that they are comfortable with, the process runs much more smoothly. I would advise starting the searching process early as well. There's a lot to learn and a lot of surprises along the way. You will want to have enough time to enjoy looking around at different schools. It's an exciting experience!

I love the new and different people i get to meet all the time. It really broadens my horizons and helps me to think outside the box.

My classmates are very friendly and willing to help out as much as possible.

My classmates are very friendly and willing to help out as much as possible.

Not to rush into finding a school. Finding a college is some thing that takes time and is a great way to get a better education. No matter what people say, go with your dreams no matter what someone tells you. And that if you want something bad enough you can do it.

That their is a lot of way to get help if you need it.

Whitney

Personally I think you should choose the school you feel most comfortable with, what makes you happy. I chose University of Cnetral Arkansas for me and no one else it was my decision, do what makes you happy.

The only thing that I dont like that my school does is making you take courses all over again that you took in high school. Most of that stuff is fresh on my mind so why take it again in college. I know that University of Central Arkansas are not the only ones that have this but i believe that having to take these classes slows you down for what you are wanting to accomplish if your trying to get out of school on time or early. Maybe take some of the basics: biology, chemistry, and a math thats it.

WOW! Everything, class, teachers, sports I barg about everything when I talk about UCA (University of Central Arkansas) I want everybody to know that me school is the best. its like one of the top schools in Arkansa. You can't find to many teachers/professor that is welling to do all they can to give as much information to a student as they need. I love it here I wouldn't want to go to any other school but here.

Joseph

It's one of only two schools in the state that offers the programs I'm interested in - Kinesiology. It's a quickly growing school that is starting to get recognition nationwide for it's academics.

Be open to and explore all possibilities before settling on a final choice. If there is something that you want to do, don't be afraid to put all you have into it, and go for it. If you're not quite sure what you want to do, that's fine too. I went for about a year and a half doing my basics before I figured out what I wanted to do. Experiment with classes that peak you're interest. Even if you do know what you want to do, enroll in a class that you are interested by just for the sake of learning. Also, while it's important to study, don't spend every waking moment doing so. Get out of your room and out of the library. Go to a football game, join a club, even take the time to explore the surrounding area and learn about some of the local history and culture. Meeting people is important not only to your future career, but also for your mental health and happiness. MAke new friends at the events, clubs, and classes you attend. Learn, but enjoy experience as well

People who are close-minded and very conservative in their view points. If you're not open to new ideas or you're not wanting to put in the work, you may want to consider a different choice.

Audra

Visit the school and research the programs offered. Talk to the teachers and currents students, as well as former students to find out if there is good job placement. Basically, do your research on the school.

People that have no tolerance for ignorance.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.