Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

John

UCA students are creative and genuinely compassionate, with a drive and focus rarely seen in people our age.

While it is a small school, it has a 'big' atmosphere in the sense that there is so much to do . Basically it keeps the small feel no matter how big it gets.

To students and parents deciding on a college, I would suggest that they visit the campus, go to a sporting event, concert or reading at the school, eat a meal, and basically get a feel for the college it self. You never know untill you see it for yourself. On making the most of the college experience, I say go to class! But don't stress to much about school work too much. Do things with friends and other people from your major or classes. The only way to make friends is to take a chance with them.

Whitney

The majority of the people that I have class with are good students who show up to class each day, take good notes, and are supportive of other students if they need help.

If you already know what career path you would like to take, go to a school which has a good post-graduate program in that field. The school is much more likely to prepare you well for your future job. If you are not sure about what you want to do after college, find a school that you enjoy the atmostphere. Your college experience is largely based on how comfortable you feel in your surroundings and the type of people that you meet, so be sure to visit the school and see how it feels to interact with students who are currently attending the school. If you know students who already go to school there be sure to ask them lots of questions. Once you have found the right school, get involved! Far too many students wait until their sophomore or junior years to get involved on the campus. You will meet so many more people and enjoy your college experience much more if you are active.

The size of the school is absolutely perfect and the school is very good for my major. You can go on campus and run into a few people you know, and are almost guaranteed to at least recognize one familiar face in each class that you have. The campus is not excessively spread out, so the walk from class to class is not that bad. I take mostly science classes and UCA is a very good school for students going into Nursing, Physical Therapy, or Occupational Therapy.

Liz

Certain programs are only offered at UCA, like the OT program. We're also known for being the UCA Bears.

I would encourage students to be very honest about what you want out of your college experience. Is prestige important to you? Being involved in a sport or in a fraternity? What kind of people do you want to surround yourself with? What kind of person do you want to be in college? How much time do you want to spend in the library or how much time do you want to spend being with your friends? What kinds of new things do you want to try or not try? Choosing a school with the major you are interested in is not the only thing to consider. I thought about my major, my scholarship options, what student ministry I wanted to be a part of, knowing I wanted to be part of an Honors College, and how far from home I wanted to be. I would also encourage parents to let their kids explore all their options before choosing a school. The guidance of my parents was huge and I needed all their advice, but they let me have the final decision and that meant the world to me.

UCA is a warm environment in which students and faculty are able to interact in a friendly atmosphere, while still allowing the students the benefits of academic opportunities, social activities, and other experiences.

UCA is best known for being the only "middle sized" school in Arkansas and also for giving away a lot of scholarships. It's education and physical therapy programs are also very well known.

The most important advice that I have to give parents and/or students during the college search, is to not limit your options! It is a lot smarter to look into many different schools and pick from those instead of limiting your choices early on. Definitely take advantage of visiting college days and early registration. A student should apply to every college that they are interested in. Another piece of advice is to major in something that you LOVE learning about, not something based on the salary you will make after college. Doing that will make for a miserable few years. Also, get involved in something and give it your all. Instead of spreading yourself super thin, find an activity that you love and dedicate a decent amount of time to it. Surround yourself with people that make your life more enjoyable, and you will make the most of the college experience.

Lorie

The best thing about UCA is the campus. It is steady growing. We have recently updated our student center and added a Health building, which is more or less an on campus Hospital with an on call doctor 24/7. UCA is the second biggest college in the state of Arkansas, the biggest being the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, AR. Conway is definitely a college town. Other than UCA there is Hendrix University and Central Baptist College, or CBC. School pride is huge. We are the UCA Bears and we are proud of it. So far this has been a great football season for us. The two biggest incidents that have happened at UCA is we have recently lost our President and there was a shooting at UCA. Our president just resigned from UCA. I do not know the full details but of course it consisted of money. We recently had a shooting on campus. Three people where shot, 2 died that were students and 1 wounded who was not a UCA student. This was a very scary night but we have pulled through it.

The student body is very very large. We are getting close to being the most populated school in Arkansas. There are many races at my school which is amazing. I enjoy getting to talk with other people from different cultures and backgrounds. Clothing is very open at UCA. You will see many students wearing pajamas to morning classes. Our gym is very popular. Many students will wear their work out clothes all day to hit the gym whenever they have free time. There are many students who come from rich families as well as many who come from poor. Politically, this school has amazed me. During our last election there was a huge uproar over the McCain vs Obama debate. I thought this was amazing and in a way, it helped us connect with one another.

Overall I am very pleased with UCA. It is a great campus, great professors, and a great place to meet new people. Though with our economy the prices are going up for tuition, it's still worth the try to get in. Go Bears!

To a point. It is a bit of a party school, but it's not to bad. Things are kept very organized.

Teachers make it a point to get to know their students which is a great thing about UCA. Teachers are always roaming about and eager to talk to students about any topic on their mind. Classes are reasonable. When you get to classes like Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, and other in the same fields they will be big classes ranging from 50 to 100 students. Other than that most classes are kept at 40 tops. My major is Computer Science. This is one of the top fields at UCA. It is growing larger each year. We have received three new professors in my three years at this school. They are all very smart and are ready to teach. The classes are usually set up in a way that your pre requisites are in the morning and when you reach your upper level courses they are scheduled in the afternoon times. This doesn't effect me at all, but it is nice to know this to help you when registering. My department is very geared at getting you educated and getting a job. When you near your senior year it is time for interviews. UCA Computer Science department is associated with company's such as Axiom and Alltel. They are ready to get you educated and into an internship.

Fraternities and Sororities are very popular at UCA. I am not a member of a Fraternity but I have many friends who are. Most parties are held by these groups. Dorm life is a good thing to experience. This is how I met most of my newest friends. My door was always open and anyone was welcome. Residential dorm life is a big thing at UCA. Imagine waking up and your first class was right in your dorm hall down stairs! That was a very fun thing to do. This helped students be more open and also the classes were smaller and one one one interaction with your professor was easier. Intramural sports is also another popular activity. Anything from softball, basketball to bowling were played. Of course, everyone was joining Facebook and interacting through that!

There are not a whole lot of stereotypes about UCA students. It is very diverse. We have a great deal of foreign exchange students.

David

If you are an Arkansas resident and you want to expand on your life experience, don't attent this college. Look elsewhere for a place that offers a different enviroment and culture.

I wish I had known how poorly organized the administration is.

Many of the students and professors have very limted life experiences and have a narrow world view.

Ben

No matter what your aspiration(s) in life are you need to work hard and have fun. College is one of the best place to it. If I were you I would pick the college that works best for you in both your future career and education. Sports (unless that is what you are planning for), relationships, and friends aren't reasons for picking a school. If children are the future then college is the door to it.

Nothing really except for maybe the parking situtaion, there isn't quite enough at the moment.

I say that this school is perfect for my degree and is very good school for many different degrees.

It is the perfect size. the classes are relatively small but there is a broad diversity and lots of different opportunities for activities at my school

Visit the school and really talk to the students to get a true feel for the atmostphere there.

The poeple are the best. I have had some awesome professors that have really gone out of their way to help. I have friends from every race, ethnic group and socioeconmic group. they all get along and are great. This school has provided me with tons of ways to get involved and feel like I am an active part of the school. I love UCA!

Katherine

Let students pick themselves! It's wear they feel truly comfortable that will assist them in their success. I would emphasize how fun college is! It's the only time in our lives where we get to learn and accumlate knowledge about the areas in life in which we like or relate with! Learning about the world is fun! It makes us more well rounded adults and in turn builds our body of knowledge! I love college! I get to study what I want and learn as much as I want! no one can take your education away from you and it is the only way to truly succeed in life!

The person that should attend UCA is one that is down-to-earth, values community, friends, and academics. There is a strong sense of unity and it feels good to get involved at UCA. UCA is fun, offers just the right amount of pressure, and professors really do care about students' long-term success. The person should like small classes, where teachers know your name, and care about your grades. The person should want to feel comfortable in their own skin! There is no pressure to be someone who you aren't!

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.