Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

Keep your end goal in focus. The decisions you make now greatly impact your future.

The University of Central Arkansas offers exceptional learinging opportunities close to home.

Audra

It's a good school with a good reputation.

It's a good school with a good reputation.

In order to know whether you will make the right selection for your college education, I believe it is vital to get first hand knowledge of what that experience will be like. By visiting the campus, researching your planned department of study, and talking with current students, one will get a better understanding of whether they could make their mark at that particular university.

Intra-departmental relations. It seems like there isn't very communication between departments and students hear different answers from different people. It's frustrating to get the run around and it's very difficult to get issues resolved. They don't seem to go above and beyond in order to make things easier on you, it's like they have the "it's your problem, deal with it" mentality.

Tori

My advice for parents is to let your children grow up. One of the worst things I seen throughout my college career are college students who are completely dependent on their parents for money. I feel that parents should most definately help their children if they have the resources. However, college is a time to build character and prepare for the "real world" of work. If students do not have to face challenges, learn how to make and stick to a budget, and take pride in earning and spending their own money, they are not truly getting the tools for success that they need after college. To students my advice is to work hard at the beginning. Each semester, try to get a little ahead in each class, and that way, when you really want to skip a night of homework to go to a game, a party, or hang out with friends, you can do so. Remember that it is your money, and you deserve to get the skills and knowledge you will need for the future. I would suggest taking advantage of study abroad programs. Lastly, keeping up with degree requirements and finding a good advisor is priceless.

I wish I had known what I had wanted to do so I wouldn't have changed my major and minor so many times. I wasted some time.

It is absolutely too big and we are continuing to grow by allowing students who should not get in to this school get in. UCA has been progressively accepting students who are not up to the previous set guidelines based on acedemics. There is no parking, the halls, classrooms, and food courts are so crowded they are almost unusable.

Ebony

Make sure that they go to visit the college and check the size of it and meet with advisors or professors.

I love the people at this school because they are for the most part very nice and helpful in the best possible way.

Any student who is about their education and looking to find employment after graduation.

UCA is best known for it's quailty of education it provides to students in Arkansas.

Choose a college that you think is the right size for you. If you don't like crowds, don't chose a big school with large class numbers. Get involved as much as you can. You won't have this time over again. Take every opportunity you can to do well in class, and go to class everday. When your teacher tells you to read, read. It's easier to stay ahead in class than to try and catch up. Every semester counts, so if you do badly your first semester because you didn't try it can severely lower your GPA and make it hard to raise before you graduate.

A person who want's to attend a big school shouldn't come here. The atmosphere here is still that of a smaller school and it's not overwhelming.

Christy

Make sure you visit the college first. Don't sell yourself short either. Go somewhere that you will be challenged: academically, socially, and artistically.

The type of person that attends this school is just the average college-bound Arkansan. We're not a rich state, or known for our academics. UCA is a mediocre school for mediocre people.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who expects rigorous academics. This isn't Ivy League. Football is still one of the most important things...just like high school.

Julia

Well, my school is best known for being the center of learning. Academics are very important but are balanced out well with other activities.

The advice that I would give to anyone looking to find the right school for them would be to go with your instinct. When I visited the University of Central Arkansas, I walked around the campus and knew it was the school for me within thirty minutes. If you enjoy a larger campus, a small community college will not make your college experience an enjoyable memory to look back on. A student should choose what is right for them no matter what. Don't choose a school based on family tradition or where your friends are. Almost every person in my family who is a college graduate went to the University of Arkansas, which is a wonderful school, but it was not the place for me. I chose UCA and I'm glad I chose where I wanted to go as opposed to where everyone else went. So again my advice is, go with your gut. No one knows what is right for you better than you do. Respect that and go somewhere where you will be comfortable and happy.

I like to tell my friends that my school has really great people. The professors are very helpful and really want you succeed. I've never meet a member of the faculty that I could not ask for help.

Justin

I would let the parents and students know that it is of utmost importance to not only check the college out first hand, but the town, commuity and over-all morale as well. I would also encourage students to apply for financial aid quickly and determine their major as soon as possible. This will save multitudes of headaches later on.

James

My classmates are pretty average. You can expect to find at least one-third of the class to be involved with some Frat or Sorority, so if you aren't in a greek organization, you're pretty much branded as a loser. Most of the student at UCA, a good 67%, are more worried about what fraternity or sorority they will get in than what their gpa will be at the end of the semester.

Try and convince your children that just because their high school friends are going to this particular institution does not mean it's the right pick for them. College is about finding your way in the world without having to be completely thrown out into what is called "The Real World." It gives you a chance to explore your boundaries and make up new ones. It's best to go to college a little farther than you, the parent might want them to; however, it is best if you let them make their decision on their own. All you need to do, is support it without question. Don't pressure them to attend your alma matter, or to go to this school because it provides more opportunity. THEY are the ones going to college, not you. So, all i can say is to let your child make this decision on their own, and help them as best your can without enforcing which choice you think is best.

The new medical clinic they just built. Everytime i go in there, it's always understaffed or closed. It doesn't make sense to spend a million dollars on a medical building we desperately need only to have it partially functional. Step it up, UCA, step it up.

Daliesha

My school is in a very laid back enviornment. It has old buildings with a new vibe. The Departments are very easy to recognize, and are not spread out too far.

When I was deciding on a college I visited the schools first. It helped me to decide rather the campus was going to be too big or not. Also I looked at the student/ teacher ratio. I find it more comfortable to be in classes with a smaller number of students to ensure my professor can help me. Also I checked out the campus activities. The dorm rooms can also help you to decide, but some times you might want to make sacrifices.

I would have to say that the best thing about my school is the enviornment. UCA is full of caring people who seem to have fun and get along very well. There is help whenever needed, and there is always something interesting happening on campus.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.