Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

Daliesha

My school is in a very laid back enviornment. It has old buildings with a new vibe. The Departments are very easy to recognize, and are not spread out too far.

When I was deciding on a college I visited the schools first. It helped me to decide rather the campus was going to be too big or not. Also I looked at the student/ teacher ratio. I find it more comfortable to be in classes with a smaller number of students to ensure my professor can help me. Also I checked out the campus activities. The dorm rooms can also help you to decide, but some times you might want to make sacrifices.

I would have to say that the best thing about my school is the enviornment. UCA is full of caring people who seem to have fun and get along very well. There is help whenever needed, and there is always something interesting happening on campus.

Brandon

My classmates have always been helpful and friendly. Usually the teachers assign groups and so students get to know eachother and are able to work together.

Staying on campus the first semester or year would probably be the best way to get involved with campus organizations, sports and making friends. If your not a morning person do not take morning classes because it makes it too easy to skip class and then ending up having to drop because most teachers are strict on their 3 strikes and your out policy. When buying books, find out what classes you are having, then go to the school book store and find out what the ISBN numbers are on the books you need, then buy your books used ONLINE where you can save hundreds every semester. Its more trouble but I think well worth it.

The worst thing I can think of personally is the parking situation. The school has done a good job at making our campus more pedestrian friendly, but it has limited the amount of parking on campus. This causes students that do not live on campus to either walk or take a shuttle if they arnt able to find parking on campus.

Marianne

Remember that you will be begining again after you graduate and it is important to find a school that both provides you with skills you need in your field but that won't leave you in a world of debt after you graduate. If you are unsure as to what you want to major in or your plans for after college try and pick something that you enjoy. DON'T pick a major just because your parents want that for you, i have seen too many students unhappy in their major because they weren't passionate about the subject, which leads to boredom and poor grades. Most of all remember that college is an opportunity to be a sponge so absorb all the information you can and more... that's what youre paying for. Take advantage of opportunities in your field as well as the music, theatre, authors and artists that your university brings in for you to attend.

It is inexpenisve which is what allows me to attend, I also enjoy the art program.

when discussing my university i speak mostly about the art program and specific teachers that I felt really inspired me.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.