Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

Ashlyn

My undergraduate school really strived to help students adjust to college, keep them safe, and to create a good environment for them to learn in. I had many great research opportunities and got to attend several conferences, even out of state. My professers were wonderful and always happy to help out.

If I could go back in time, I would encourage myself to put me first sometimes. It is important to care about and take care of others, but sometimes you just need to take care of yourself. Learn to say no, be observant of your emotions and what your body is telling you. If you neglect your own needs, you can't do your best in school, your relationships, and helping others. Things can fall apart pretty quickly when you don't remember to take care of your emotional and physical needs. It's okay to go to the counseling center. It's even okay to go to more than one counselor if the first does not meet your needs. A lot of my undergraduate students I mentored could have used the same advice, especially the students who were determined to succeed and to achieve their goals. College can be tough, you might be moving away from family, friends, significant others that you usually rely on for emotional support. With help and support from resources in your college whether it be the resident assistants, counselors, or your roommate you can succeed and have a great experience.

The professor's dedication to their students.

Dinah

University of Central Arkansas is known for it its superb nursing department and health education.

I would tell my former high school self to work really hard and take high school seriously. I would tell her not to slack off and do her homework even if she doesn't want to. I would tell her to balance everything out starting now, for example: her work, social and school life. I would tell her to be motiveted about what she is doing and to have a goal in her life. It was once said by Mahatma Gandhi," Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." I would also tell her to never bring herself down no matter what obstacles come her way and always look towards a brighter future.

As a first time freshman at University of Central Arkansas the most frustrating thing about my school is the 8 am classes. One other frustarting thing is the food hours the cafeteria, which closes suprisngly really early.

Cory

The University of Central Arkansas is my saving grace.

The University of Central Arkansas is my saving grace.

The advice I would give to my past high school senior self is to not be afraid or stressed about what will come. The present is what can be taken care of and the future can always change. Always have a way to find food as it is very important after marching band. Remember to make friends and socialize. All these people around you have the same stress you are in. If you socialize more, you can destress and make great memories. Even if you think you have nerdy interests so do other students. This will be your home and you will love it. Remember friends are great and are there for you. Never be scared about what is come. It is okay to make mistakes because they help you learn. Also professors will help you fix your mistakes.

The best thing about the University of Central Arkansas are the students and the professors. There is a vast difference of ideas on campus and the students and professors all adress them equally in a calm debate. I have never felt left out or alone while here. While we all may have seperate views, we can all work in groups dispite our differences. Their is always someone here to make you feel welcome and at home.

Shalisa

Study hard and work hard. But it's alright to socialize and have fun too. It's great to have balance in school and in life. Keep up the good work.

If you just want to party, don't attend this school.

Kahlon

The way the campus is designed and the buildings that make it what it is.

The way the campus is designed and the buildings that make it what it is.

I would tell myself to start looking for scholarships ASAP and find someone who is looking for the same things in life that I am that is willing to help. I would also tell myself to find a group of people to sociate with that are helpful and are serious about achieving their goals and making their dreams a reality. I would tell my senior self to develop better study habits and even encourage myself to sit on the first row in class so I know I am taking quality notes and that I am understanding what the teacher is teaching us. I would also tell myself not to worry as much because college is not so different as high school and my senior self would eventually see why I told him that.

That it was going to be hard to find scholarships to pay for my schooling.

Sara

Perhaps the new purple and gray field over the football field? Not exactly economically smart, I would say.

Take the concurent classes. Breathe--you'll make it through. It helps you insanely when you are applying for schools and increases your GPA like you won't believe.

The feeling that there is too much to be dont beofre the end of the semester--a (good) paper per semester is one thing. Five per semester is completely different, especially when nearly each is completed with a different page requirement between 4 and 25 pages.

Kenya

The University of Central Arkansas is a multicultural splash of diversity in a quaint but modern Arkansan city, a place of comfort where you are still taught the importance of getting out of your comfort zone, one of the few quality Arkansas universities that offers a variety of programs, an open-minded, innovative stronghold that always seeks for improvement for the sake of its students, a community that challenges, nurtures, prepares, entertains, and teaches all at once.

My school has several aspects that make it a popular choice among Arkansas students, as well as those out-of-state and abroad. It has one of the leading southern U.S. medical programs. It is the only university in the state that offers Linguistics as a major. Its sports teams are well-trained and highly competitive. The buildings are often renovated to enable more room for prospective students. Nearly every other year there is a new area of study being added. Just last semester a committee was established to create a TESOL minor and Korean as a language option.

Don't rush the decision, but don't overthink it either. That's the first thing I would tell my senior self. There are hundreds of colleges and universities in the U.S. alone, and all of them are excellent institutions in their own ways. Find the one that really stands out to you, the one in which you immediately imagine already walking and living on that campus, knowing you truly belong and that it's meant to be. It's okay to be indecisive about the process, and it's okay to change your mind as soon as you arrive on campus, or even in the middle of your college career. The cool thing about colleges is that you never have to worry about finding a place for yourself. Colleges are so diverse and welcoming these days, that it's always possible to march to the own beat of your drum, and people will understand what you're about. When you go to college, it's like having a miniature version of the world at your disposal, in every fathomable way. Take advantage of this every single moment! I guarantee it will be an experience worth the money.

Twighla

There are all age ranges, sexes, and diverse groups of religious orrientation and culture.

I was such a dummy back then. I didn’t pay close enough attention in class, understand the importantance of a good education, and I didn’t have the desire to finish college. In thinking back as to high school, here are a few words of advice about starting school and finishing. Pay close attention. The basics are what carry you through school. Dig deep down within yourself to find the want and desire to have an education behind you. Your education is the root system of your life; it provides the strength to overcome adversity. You are a true individual when you strive towards your goals and you are no longer just a follower. If I had only realized back then how much my education would have been helpful now, I would have had a much easier time of it now. Being blind to the possibilities that would have been available to me, I am now struggling to complete my goal. I now know if we set our mind to the mission at hand and press forward, we can do anything, and that includes finishing our education at a higher level. Thanks high school self for listening

The worst thing about my school is that even though i love it's size, sometimes it's too big in the sense i don't always know about all the activities that are going on across campus that are free events set up for the students.

samantha

If I could tell my highschool self anything it would be, do not worry life and school get better. You will have to work harder, but it will be towards a life for your new baby girl and it will all be worth it. I would also like to say that the social life is better in college, there will be no more eating lunch and roaming around alone. Best of all, all of the stress you feel will all go away after you PASS each assignment.

I learned enough about it through the website and friends who have gone here, I was not blindsided by anything. I knew it would be hard and expensive, but a fun experience.

I always tell them how efficient their financial aid and teachers are. I also love the fun atmosphere and the variety of choices on campus from food to the classes.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.