Conway, AR
University of Central Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Arkansas

One of my favorite aspects of the college experience, is getting he change to meet so many diverse people.

Overall, I loved my high school experience and was fortunate to have a great community and friends. If I were to give myself advice, I would encourage myself to take study and my school work more seriously. Getting to college, I've realized it's much more difficult and you are accountable for your own success. I would work on my studying habits and skills.

UCA is known for diversity and integrity, and I think that is most important. I've learned to communicate with all types of people and to be responsible for my future.

morgan

The best advice I could possibly give myself back then as a high school senior would be to fill out scholarships now and to stay on top of what is priority. I've learned that keeping up with files and also being diligent has helped me with my college experience and also being proactive with getting things taken care of in a timely manner. Scholarships are very much a huge part of going to college. It helps lighten an already heavy load that the everyday student bares while dealing with exams, projects and papers. Scholarships make it one less thing to worry about while going through college and which has helped me tremendously while I navigate through college life.

Getting a better understanding on information and not having to call everywhere just to answer a simple question.

the worst thing about my school and just schools in general are the wait time to have everything processed and knowing where to go and the right questions to ask. everytime i go to the college i like to have all my questions ready and papers already prepared because there is nothing worse than going to the university and having to make more trips because something was not done right whether thats on you or the staff.

Journey

Ehere you can acheive your goals, without feeling like a waste of time.

Ehere you can acheive your goals, without feeling like a waste of time.

Haven't met any classmates yet.

Never take what you have for granted. Start early applying for grants and scholarships. Don't procrastinate getting your stuff done. Always pay attention, because what you see in high school, for the most part you will see again in college.

Kendra

I would tell myself not to listen to the high school counslor so much. My counselor told me I had to wait until my senior year to apply for scholarships. I later discovered that I could have started applying for scholarships when I was thirteeen. I was also given a monthly one and a half sheets worth of scholarships, most of which I didn't qualify for . They were mostly math, science, for males, or for athletes, of which I am none. I felt stupid for listenng to the counelor, but I had trusted her to lead me down the right path. I had gone to the library to try to find a book with a list of scholarships, but I couldn't seem to find anything but books aboout how to apply. During the summertime however, I did find a book with a list of scholarships, but about half of them read,"Must be in high school." I felt awful. I had just missed qualifying for a lot of scholarships. I would tell myself to start applying earlier, and to go out on my own to find scholarships.

The worst thing about my school, is that I have to have a certain ACT score to get the scholarship the school gives to students. You must have a 23 on the ACT, and a 3.2 cumulative G.P.A. I had a 21 on the ACT and a 3.6 cumulative G.P.A. The ACT score wasn't a good reflextion of my skills because I a m a poor test taker: I've taken five AP tests and failed all of them. The multiple choice part was difficult for me and I was good at writing.

I brag about only having written exams this semester. I have Introduction to Fiction; Language, Culture, and Society; and Comp. My friends are all studying for their math classes (I tested out), or film, or something like that. Next semester I have math, biology, history, writing and communication, but while I have it easy, I'm going to brag about it- just not going to take it too far, like teasing my friend about having to take College Algeba, when I just have to take Quantitative Literacy.

brandi

The University of Central Arkansas is one of the most beautiful college campuses I have ever seen.

I would tell myself to cherish every moment spent in highschool. The best thing about high school is getting to see your friends everyday, friday night lights, and all the late nights you spend cramming for that test. In college, you don't have late nights because nights turn into the next morning really fast. You're not living at home with your parents and eating the food they cook. You have to eat what the cafeteria provides and most of the time it is not good. In highschool, you cannot wait to grow up and move out of the house, but when the time finally comes you will wish you had more time. The final thing I would say is to not rush growing up, live in the now, cherish every moment you can!

the most frustrating thing about my school is the cafeteria food. We pay enough tutiont for the food to at least have flavor!

sean

I would love to go back and talk to myself as a high school student. I would say that grade point really does matter. Tuck away 10% of your earnings in a Roth IRA and pay yourself first. Stop dating and do your homework and remember that school work and knowledge is for your future and worth more than anything you can buy at the store or own. Find a job that is more like a hobby that you get paid for because working a job for 40 years totally sucks! Be kind to everyone and give another 10% of your take home pay away to church or other people that really need it. High school is something you will look back at and remember the fun times you had as a kid and realize how stupid you really were no matter how smart you think you are now. If you think you are fat now, wait a few years, you will always want to get back to your current weight. Hug your mom and dad because they wont live forever and stop and smell the roses because life may be short but the longest thing you will ever do!

I love the students and staff. They are very caring and try to help you succeed in every way possible. I love how green the grass is during summer and how the temp in the class rooms are just perfect.

I wish I would have known about the parking issues. It is very difficult finding a parking spot unless you arive at 7:20am and beat the rush at 745am. Im thinking about riding a bike next summer.

Susan

They helped me to excel in many things I thought I would never learn. Math for example. I have always been scared of math but with the proper steps and teaching skills, I was able to learn algebra, and computer programming. I have learned to write better and think more clearly. Staying organized is one of the main things I also learned. I can't thank my school enough for everything they have given me. Student, Susan Aldridge

Ashlyn

My undergraduate school really strived to help students adjust to college, keep them safe, and to create a good environment for them to learn in. I had many great research opportunities and got to attend several conferences, even out of state. My professers were wonderful and always happy to help out.

If I could go back in time, I would encourage myself to put me first sometimes. It is important to care about and take care of others, but sometimes you just need to take care of yourself. Learn to say no, be observant of your emotions and what your body is telling you. If you neglect your own needs, you can't do your best in school, your relationships, and helping others. Things can fall apart pretty quickly when you don't remember to take care of your emotional and physical needs. It's okay to go to the counseling center. It's even okay to go to more than one counselor if the first does not meet your needs. A lot of my undergraduate students I mentored could have used the same advice, especially the students who were determined to succeed and to achieve their goals. College can be tough, you might be moving away from family, friends, significant others that you usually rely on for emotional support. With help and support from resources in your college whether it be the resident assistants, counselors, or your roommate you can succeed and have a great experience.

The professor's dedication to their students.

Dinah

University of Central Arkansas is known for it its superb nursing department and health education.

I would tell my former high school self to work really hard and take high school seriously. I would tell her not to slack off and do her homework even if she doesn't want to. I would tell her to balance everything out starting now, for example: her work, social and school life. I would tell her to be motiveted about what she is doing and to have a goal in her life. It was once said by Mahatma Gandhi," Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." I would also tell her to never bring herself down no matter what obstacles come her way and always look towards a brighter future.

As a first time freshman at University of Central Arkansas the most frustrating thing about my school is the 8 am classes. One other frustarting thing is the food hours the cafeteria, which closes suprisngly really early.

Cory

The University of Central Arkansas is my saving grace.

The University of Central Arkansas is my saving grace.

The advice I would give to my past high school senior self is to not be afraid or stressed about what will come. The present is what can be taken care of and the future can always change. Always have a way to find food as it is very important after marching band. Remember to make friends and socialize. All these people around you have the same stress you are in. If you socialize more, you can destress and make great memories. Even if you think you have nerdy interests so do other students. This will be your home and you will love it. Remember friends are great and are there for you. Never be scared about what is come. It is okay to make mistakes because they help you learn. Also professors will help you fix your mistakes.

The best thing about the University of Central Arkansas are the students and the professors. There is a vast difference of ideas on campus and the students and professors all adress them equally in a calm debate. I have never felt left out or alone while here. While we all may have seperate views, we can all work in groups dispite our differences. Their is always someone here to make you feel welcome and at home.

University of Central Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.