University of Central Arkansas

« See more reviews of University of Central Arkansas

If I could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself to practice better study habits. I took hard classes in high school but never really had to study very often. Now I am taking extremely hard science classes while working two part time jobs. Therefore, I could definately use better time management skills and study habits. I have also learned to focus on my schoolwork all semester and never get comfortable. I have started off well in several classes, then relaxed to focus on my harder classes and ended up with a B in the easy classes.

Be sure to take advantage of the tours and events prior to choosing the college to make sure the student will fit in with the lifestyle available. Also be sure to check on accreditation of programs of interest before choosing the university to make sure the student won't be wasting their time going to a college that doesn't offer certified programs in their area of interest. most importantly just make sure the college or university feels right and is somewhere they will be intersted in staying for the next four years.

enjoy high school because your life changes dramatically after high school. financial burdens for college put stress on me and my mom so i should start applying for schlorships now. think long and hard what i am interested in for college so my degree will be something i like doing the next 60 years. i should save more money because now i know a whole paycheck would only buy one book for a college class. studying all the time gets old but getting that 4 year degree is a must to help me be successful for life.

I would give myself the following advice - Show up at 8:00 a.m. at the latest for parking if you have a morning class. Around 12 for an afternoon class. - Keep a copy of your schedule in the car, backpack, and at home along with a campus map. - Unless you've won the lottery, pack a lunch, because school food is expensive. - Coffee is man's best friend, not dogs. - Don't worry if your present friends decide they hate you for going to school. College is a place for new friends. - Stay on birth control pills

To students and parents deciding on a college, I would suggest that they visit the campus, go to a sporting event, concert or reading at the school, eat a meal, and basically get a feel for the college it self. You never know untill you see it for yourself. On making the most of the college experience, I say go to class! But don't stress to much about school work too much. Do things with friends and other people from your major or classes. The only way to make friends is to take a chance with them.

Personally I would say "College is a great way to go to further your education and you should strive as a high school student to do your best on your ACT score and your GPA because in college those two things determines a lot in your college life. Also during college study, study, STUDY!! The more you study the more prepared you'll be for your classes and tests. I would also say to go to class each and everyday because attendance is the most importanat aspect to becoming a successful college student.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would say is that college is nothing like high school. There is no one there to make you do your work and make you go to class. Once you get there you are on your own, and it is up to you to make sure that you keep your grades up in order to stay in school. Try to make new friends and become close with your professors. Letting them know that you are a hard working student could help your grade in the end.

The most important thing that I have learned so far during college is that procratination will get you. College is nothing like high school. You practically have to study everyday you are there. Another thing i have gotten out of college is that it is good to make new friends. You will have more fun and learn alot of new things. Also, do not wait until the last minute to get help from a professor. Get to know your professors early. By doing so you will only make it easier on yourself.

Pick a school that has great teachers and a great atmosphere. Students will be totally bored and never want to go to class otherwise! Also, once enrolled in classes, be sure to make friends so you can make study groups and exchange notes. This helps tremendously for studying for tests! You can never redo your college experience so be sure to look at every aspect of every school before you decide. Also, look at tuition rates. Sometimes it is not work spending $1200 for just one class!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to prioritize my needs and wants more wisely. When I was in high school, I was sure that college would be nothing but a bigger school with more people. I soon figured out that I was surely wrong. Going to college is usually a "make it" or "break it" for students and if a person is not careful, it is very like to associate with the wrong crowd, forget about studying and eventually flunking out.