University of Central Arkansas Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Central Arkansas

Brett

I feel that UCA provides a very good environment for college students. I feel that it is a great school, no matter what degree you are pursuing. UCA gives everyone the opportunity to be involved, or not be involved, if you so choose. I am so glad I choose UCA to obtain my degree.

LaKortnie

I absolutely love my college. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a college to attend. Ther are small class numbers so all teachers are very helpful. There are many tutors on campus so ot helps a lot no one wants you to fail, if you need help I guarantee you will find someone that is willing to help you.

The atmosphere on UCA campus is very calming and welcoming, I knew it was my college when I stepped on campus during a visit. The dorm life is exceptional compared to other colleges that I toured. The staff at UCA is always around to help in all your endeavors and the President even makes an effort to personally reach out to the students. I can get anywhere on campus in 10 minutes of walking and the scenery on the way to my destination is like no other. Overall, I would recommend UCA to anybody and everybody.

Haley

I loved the University of Central Arkansas. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education which in my opinion is the best program offered at the university. The class sizes are smaller which makes the teacher to student relationships and even the student to student relationships better. The professors always made themselves available to us at all times. They genuinely love their jobs and care about their students. I have been an alumni now for little over a year and if i ever needed anything i know without a doubt that the professors at the University of Central Arkansas Education Department would be there to help me as much as they could.

Madison

I love UCA and am excited to be apart of the campus. UCA offers a variety of everything, so on one feels forgotten. The staff is amazing and always willing to assist you. The teachers are great at engaging the students and making the material interesting.

tara

It is a really good college! I went to a two year college prior to here and it was not very good I cannot even explain how happy I am to have transferred here to UCA. The professors are nice and will help their students with anything they need. I would recommend anyone wanting to get a great education and a first class experience to go to UCA.

Rose

Its fantastic! The academics are great and the professors are always available for help. The dorms aren't the best because they're old. However, UCA has steadily been improving the rooms and are currently building new ones. Off Campus housing is usually reserved for athletes. Anyone who attends this university will have the best four years of their life.

Gene

I feel like they are a lot of opportunities here for student involvement and outside involvement. The Reynolds performance hall always has something interesting lined up for the year were they bring in talent outside of UCA. I was able to see Josh Radnor (Ted from "How I Met Your Mother") in person thanks to this. But back to student involvement: there are so many different organizations and clubs that UCA can subsist itself by providing something for anyone with a passion. UCA realizes that not everyone is the same and that one should embrace what makes him or herself different.

The University of Central Arkansas has a beautiful campus. The campus size is not too large, yet not too small. One will not get lost trying to navigate the campus, yet it is large enough to not feel claustrophobic. The University of Central Arkansas offers plenty of opportunities for a student to find his or her place. This campus has over 200 registered student organizations, hosts students from over 15 different countries, and offers about 100 different majors. Settled in the heart of Conway, Arkansas, UCA is a melting-pot of cultural and adventurous activities. Whether it is hiking or fishing, enjoying Reynolds Performance Hall or Baum Gallery, or simply enjoying the city of Conway, campus life at UCA is never dull. As for education, this school embraces the sciences. This school embraces the arts. Everyone in every major is embraced. You are not a number at the University of Central Arkansas. You are a person looking to further their education. You are a person with a dream. The faculty and staff at UCA will work alongside its students to make these dreams become reality. Overall, the University of Central Arkansas is the epiphany of excellent schools to attend in Arkansas. Even if one is from out of state or country, I highly recommend applying to UCA. Go Bears!

DIEGO

Absolutely GREAT!!! All professors, staff and students are great. Classes are medium size and the professors are always available and helpful. The city is great and there are plenty of things to do in town and outdoors. The school offers plenty of activities throughout the year; College sport events are always great place to go.

I think the University Of Central Arkansas is a great school to attend if you like smaller schools that feel big. I have been there two years and even though I used to think it was big, I recognize almost everyone when I walk to class. The food is okay and the housing is not good. There are plenty of opportunities to join clubs and get involved and if you do that, you will get the "college experience". It has the best gym that I have ever been to and the people there are usually friendly and nice. With professors, it is a hit or miss. Sometimes they are very welcoming and sometimes they will look at you weird if you have a question about something. Overall, it is a good school after you talk to people and kind of learn the ropes.

Josh

I personally think UCA is a good, academic school. However, it could use some improvements on certain areas like housing options and food plans. Though if you look at the University as a whole it has had some great opportunities. Whether its through the school or the surrounding city of Conway, AR it provides the locals and students something to keep you busy and satisfied.

Attending the University of Central Arkansas has been such an amazing and enriching experience. I have been involved in the Color Guard with the BMB and got to travel with them. I also am involved in such an incredible sorority, Sigma Phi Lambda. This school has brought me so much joy and happiness, I do not regret attending this University at all.

Lacey

UCA is a great school, one who values academic success and social interaction. The communication between students at UCA is outstanding. It's easy to make friends, even your best friends (GO GREEK)! The school's campus is beautiful, especially during the spring and summer time. Most classes are of a small size which makes it so easy to really get in touch with your classmates and your professors. All professors are very supportive and very helpful, and they are never too busy to assist. The campus is clean, the food is great, and the people are amazing. UCA is such a great place for any student to further their academic career; recommend​ ten out of ten.

It's great! Feels like home now, when I'm off campus I miss being on campus.

Allison

My overall opinion is that i am in love with the campus and i have been since i set foot on there. The teachers are for the most part good critical-thinking teachers. They are liberal but that's to be expected in college. The campus food could be improved, especially in the cafeteria but the student commons and the deli in Burdick are excellent. Student housing is terrible though from what Ive seen they are making strides to fix that. The only problem i have with the campus is there isn't a lot of parking!

UCA seems to be a very vibrant campus, I enjoy the diversity and the many opportunities that are available. My professors are always easily accessible and they always provide valuable advice and input. My classes are engaging and the class size is great. My experience has been A+ thus far.

Abbey

Offers lots of opportunities. But the whole place stays fairly quiet. There are strong athletic, music, science,and business programs here. Walmart, downtown, and general stores a person might need are all in Cycling distance. There's a small variety of food offered on campus. If you like to cook, then new hall has a kitchen on every floor.

ricardo

It is good.

Jeremy

I love the University of Central Arkansas! I came here for 1 semester right after high school. Unfortunately at that time, I was unable to continue for more than just the semester. Now, I'm a 29 year old. I am very punctual and dedicated to pursuing a career in the nursing field, so it was a no-brainer for me to decided to further my education on this campus. It is a beautiful campus with many resources to ensure student succession rates. The academics are, in my opinion, the best in the state.

Noah

This is a great school to go to! Please give it a try! n

Eryka

I am from Conway, Arkansas, but I am a transfer to the University of Arkansas. I did my freshman year of college at Southwestern College in Kansas. I did not enjoy my time on that campus because it was not many things to do or many school activities to attend and coming to UCA has been a complete change. I honestly love my school! It is amazing! The environment and people I am around make it all 10x better.

Jeannie

This campus is beautiful and is in a really good city. Conway has a lot of things to do so you won't be bored when there's no homework. We also have a great education program and the professors are very nice and helpful. Everyone on campus is friendly to the newcomers, and I had not problem transitioning here.

samantha

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time so far at this university. There are many services provided for students to succeed outside of the classroom to provide extra help and tips to improve specific skills. There are also many amenities around campus, like the HYPER center and COPA, which provide outdoor activities and exercise facilities. The surrounding city of conway also has many great shops, cafes, and restaurants and is an overall great place to live. I have been very pleased with my experience at UCA so far and would recommend it to anyone pursuing a higher education.

Jose

Overall, the University of Central Arkansas is

Phi

I believe the faculty and students at University of Central Arkansas are some of the most passionate around, who are willing to help each other succeed. Also, the campus is extremely beautiful. If you were to walk around campus, especially during the fall, there is always someone working on the plants and garden throughout the day.

Jade

The University of Central Arkansas is one of the most beautiful college of campus. The university is central located in Conway, Arkansas. It is a second home for me.

Sydney

Honestly, the University of Central Arkansas is so beautiful. Every time I walk to class, I am literally in awe of the beautiful trees and flowers. Not only is the campus gorgeous, especially in the spring time, but the location of the school is great. I believe Conway is a good town for college students. There's a lot to do here so you're never bored, but I also feel like Conway is a safe town to be in while you go to school.

On paper, it seems like a nice school and it is in person as well. When I got here to move in everyone was so helpful and nice. My roommate respected me and made sure I was okay with things. The teachers are helpful and nice. It is easy to find anything on campus.

Chenel

My overall opinion of University of Central Arkansas is a very good one. They're an amazing school and have so much to do in the city of Conway, AR. There is various of places to eat, extracurricular activities, clubs, friends, and fun. I will be attending UCA in the fall and I definitely cannot wait to experience on my own.

Recep

University of Central Arkansas (UCA) is a local university in Arkansas. University has the most beautiful campus in the state. Probably, you can find any department you may want to major in. There are lots of activities for international students. There is an excellent dining hall in the campus. We are very lucky to be here!

Bethany

The University of Central Arkansas is one of the most beautiful college campuses in Arkansas. There are endless ways to become involved, Greek life, residential colleges, sporting events, and much more. One of my favorite things about UCA is the endless resources that they have to offer.

Tohrynce

I have never loved a school so much! I feel safe, the staff is friendly and the facilities are amazing! When I first got to college, I thought it was going to be all big and scary, but not with UCA. They pulled me in like I was family and I have yet to meet one mean person on campus. There is opportunity and hope everywhere on the campus. I love it!

Lacey

It's a very diverse and well educated population. We have one of the best Exercise Science programs around. I absolutely love all of the wonderful communities that UCA has to offer. There is always some place for each individual to fit in and become part of a community. The teachers here are some of the best and will help you in every way possible.

Kaitlyn

The University of Central Arkansas is overall a great University. The town that it is in is small enough to know your way around but big enough not to get bored. I love the major that I am in and the teachers are very helpful. However, some of the teachers I had when I was a Freshman are not that helpful and seem like they are there just to give you a grade and move on.

Allison

I do really enjoy my department. My professors are why I am staying for my Masters, but the school itself is under par. It takes months to get a clear answer to any question. Instead of being admitted as a graduate; they admitted me as a post bach and didn't repair this until 3 months later. I know several students who have had many of the same issues with the technicalities of the school. Advisors have no idea what they are talking about, and people stay confused. However, the campus is beautiful and safe. I enjoy being here, but the stress is immense.

Natalie

Leighana

University of Central Arkansas is a perfect college for me. Because I am a very family oriented person, living 15 minutes from my family is great. The school is very nice, physically and education wise. This school is small enough for people who get lost easy around campus, but big enough to not see the same people every day. Over all the professors are great and I really feel like I am getting a great education! UCA is easily one of my top picks.

Kimberly

The University of Central Arkansas has a great variety of activities you can do. They make sure you feel comfortable as possible especially incoming freshmen. UCA makes sure that there is plenty of diversity and that no one feels left out. They email all students incoming activities, concerts, and news. They always offer students help if they need any or a person to talk to. UCA is a good college and I'm glad I chose it to get my degree there.

Celina

UCA is a nice school. It has professors who actually care about their students but they are few and usually on once you are in your major. There are professors who do not even show up for class or ones that overload students as if they are only taking that one class. UCA is fairly safe. There is on campus police officers but they don't drive or walk around campus much. Usually they are just at the PD on campus. UCA caters to students who have money. Everything is expensive. Most extra curriculars are expensive too. Greek life is imposible to join unless the student is upper middle class with a family that makes over $80,000 a year for 3 family members. UCA does not seem to care about their commuter students. They orient everything on campus for students who live either in on campus/ off campus housing or in town on their own close to campus. Their events are all late at night where commuter students cannot partake. Also day time activities are made for only a few hours when most students are in classes. The campus also spends money on waistful things like a giant bear statue, that looks like an ardvark, on a building. UCA has a lot of work to do.

Amaya

My overall opinion of The University of Central Arkansas is that it is a wonderful school. They make sure if you need help with anything they try to do everything to help you, no matter what the problem might be. They are always on top of everything, and they try to keep each and every student at our school is safe. They are one of the most wonderful schools to attend. I am a college freshman but I have visited the campus for many other reasons. I have a really good time every time I tend to visit. Everyone always writes really good reviews on the school Unversity of Central Arkansas. The advisors are really helpful as well. They will help you with finding scholarships and picking classes. They also will tell you what you need to make in order to apply or be able to move on to the next class. They help you find literally everything you need to find. If you ever have a question about anything they are the people to talk to all the time every time. They make your life so much easier. UCA also has this system where you have to meet with your advisor at least one or twice a semester. If you don't meet with your advisor, they will constantly keep checking on you to see what is actually wrong with you. The advisors know everything and can tell you everything you need to know so, therefore, you should always go and talk to them no matter what.

Kelly

It's a great school! Everyone is friendly, helpful, and it doesn't seem far away from home. The food kind of lacks in diversity (It's always pizza, burgers, and fries with the exception of one line which isn't great most of the times) and the meat isn't always cooked. Stores are far to walk too from campus but they're a short drive. Over all, I'm happy living here for college.

Keiyana

It’s a great school with many opportunities

Brittney

I love UCA! Campus is really clean! The food options are limited. The WIFI stinks but they are working on fixing it. The teachers are really helpful and nice. I always feel safe when I am walking around alone! The English Department is absolutely amazing. UCA takes education and safety seriously.

Aaliyah

Overall, I feel as if it's a great school. The are very strict on promoting diversity and they care so much about the well being of students. Also, love the fact that they push for us to be such well rounded students. This involves staying active on campus and talking a wide range of classes.

The University of Central Arkansas is a great option for students who grew up in the Central Arkansas area and wish to stay close to home, or for those in search of an affordable four-year degree program. While Conway isn't exactly bursting with exciting weekend activities, Little Rock is only a 30 minute drive away, and there are plenty of things to do there. The school itself has many exceptional and well respected programs, such as nursing, physical therapy, and music education/performance.

Diamond

UCA is a friendly environment that if you think you aren't going to fit in you are. You will always have to work hard to get where you want to be, but that's college period and you will always have something to do unless you don't involve yourself and stay in your room 24/7.

Kelsea

My overall opinion of UCA is that it has a great atmosphere and teachers who care about their students. The students themselves are plugged into the community and the university and participate in events. There are tons of ways to get involved in organizations on campus and throughout the community as a whole.

Jayla

I haven’t started yet. This fall is my term. Overall I think it’s a great school for plenty of people. It feels like a huge accomplishment to be there. While I reminisce about being a student at UCA, it’s really exciting. I’ve been in Conway for about six years. When I’m there it’s feels like a whole new world.

Jayonna

I love UCA. I went there one semester and fell in love!