University of Central Florida

« See more reviews of University of Central Florida

In a word? Huge. UCF is definitely a big school, to the point that quite a few students take to using skateboards or bikes to navigate the campus faster. There's also always at least one section being expanded, built up, or rebuilt--there's a reason for the running joke that UCF stands for "Under Construction Forever." Whatever hasn't been reconstructed recently, such as the larger buildings like the Student Union and the Library, look pretty old on the outside, though usually the school tries to keep the interiors up to date in most cases. One more thing--there may be a lot of students who go to UCF, but because of how big it is and the large amount of off campus housing available nearby, it never gets too crowded. The exception to this is parking. Even with quite a few full parking garages and several other lots, it can still take a long time for any given student to find a space.

UCF seems to be this huge campus, which it is! But, the central area of UCF is a circle and in the heart of campus is the student union. Classes are centered around the circle of the union and then a little in the back. The outer circle of campus has the gym, the welcoming center, and housing. Also, on the outskirts you'd find knights plaza and the research park. The campus simply grows and grows. It is confusing at first to find out where to go but you will be fine in a matter of a week or so. UCF is beautiful with all the palm trees spread around, the reflection pond with it's shooting of water all day, and the pretty buildings.

My university is a very diverse university, based on classe availability, degrees avaibility, campus life and living, culture and culture of respect, sub-campuses avaiable, on-line classes available, reasonably priced classses, also being in Orlando which in itself is a "melting pot" of all different types of nationalities and personalities, it gives a small-college feel but is a very large university in a major city, it offers many complimentary opportunities for students to grow as a community from football games to UCF lights which is an event held during the Christmans season including an ice-skating rink.

ucf is efficient, effective and challenging in its teaching methods and in which it offers diversity, direction and aid to all of its students. The care and consideration it takes in guiding its students in their path for their future direction and goals it recognizable. I feel that after researching the large in state florida colleges that UCF had the most to offer, not only in education but also in financial aid, scholarships, and transitioning new students into this humongous campus. It had alot to offer, and makes learning possible for alot of students locally as well as nationally.

I believe that UCF truly stands for oppurtunity. Before attending college, I envisioned waking up in the middle of the day to catch my afternoon lecture, making new friends, and tailgating at football games. As I transitioned into a second year student, I began to realize that I needed to define my career path . Fortunately, UCF offers experiential learning center and career services to assure that we are able to utilize every resourse to enhance our learning experience. Through those offices, I was able to land an internship this year and has been a wonderful experience thus far!

My school is the second best institute of higher education in the state of Florida. The education is top-notch, the professors are great leaders and highly knowledgeable in their area of expertise, and the studenst are intelligent and willing to learn. There are many groups and organizations that students can join and tons of campus activities each day. Life on campus is amazing and there is so much to do. In addition, the school helps students who are about to graduate find careers through the multiple career fairs they hold throughout the year. Thus, UCF is a great school.

The University of Central Florida is an amazing school, it's one of those places where you just automatically feel at home. Feeling at home is very important, for most students it's the first time being away from the family. Universtiy of Central Florida definitly becomes home away from home. Another thing that makes this school special is the diversity. It would be suprising if a student came to this school and found no one like them, or in contrast no one different from them. University of Central Florida allows you to meet extraordinary people and make lifelong friends.

Very friendly students and very diverse campus. The campus is large and buitiful but not enought parking for all the students. In the afternoons and certain times of the day people fight over parking spots because the school is too cheap to build new parking garages or make the current ones bigger. Lots of job oppurtunities but if you want to do anything related to international business or internationaly related its not the best school to go to and the counselors are not helpful at all. Sometimes hard to get the classes you want apraching graduation. UCF = U CANT FINISH

From my firsthand experiences here at UCF so far, I can without a doubt say that the campus is very lively with much enthusiam in its activities; it alleviates feelings of home-bound nostalgia as it's equipped with what seems to be its own surreal town, rather than the usual "what you see is what you get" theme; it provides many opportunites to the attending individuals whether it be on or off capmpus; then there is my personal favorite which is the well-balanced assortment of classes assigned to each major, dedicated to helping you excel quickly, but productively.

The University of Central Florida is a true testament to the developments the United States has made in racial discrimination over the years. We have over 50,000 students from a variety of ethnic groups. Every day we have the ability to network with people in a multitude of career paths, which will broaden our opportunities later in life. After all, learning how to affectively network is possibly the most important thing we can do. The University of Central Florida gives us a chance to change our life on a daily bases, through education and connections.