University of Central Florida Top Questions

What are your classes like?

Chelsea

My classmates seem very interested in the course of study, but then again I have only met with ones sitting in the front of the class next to me.

Jillian

Now that I am a senior my classes are getting rather difficult. But there is almost also help that is offered by way of study groups or SI (student instructor) that is assigned to the class. The class sizes have decreased significantly now that i am taking upper level classes. While the material is getting harder, it is also getting more interesting. Most classes offered during the semester are only 50 min long so they go by fairly quickly...any longer than that and i find it hard to focus. Its not like high school anymore where the teacher has to discipline students, everyone in class wants to be there or at least sits there and pretends to pay attention. Otherwise don't show up to class. Attendance is not always required but it is to your best interest to go to class.

Jillian

Now that I am a senior my classes are getting rather difficult. But there is almost also help that is offered by way of study groups or SI (student instructor) that is assigned to the class. The class sizes have decreased significantly now that i am taking upper level classes. While the material is getting harder, it is also getting more interesting.

Laura

It really all depends on the classes you take. , for example English classes are small and more personal while the General Psychology class is huge with about 300 students.

Melissa

The nice thing about a growing university is the option to choose the types of classes that work for you. My freshman year during my prerequisites I was able to choose large class sizes for subjects I felt I needed less personal attention and small classes when I wasn't as comfortable with the information. In relation to my spanish degree, I have all small class sizes with lots of personal attention. In turn this ensures that I will not only memorize the material but I will learn it and be able to build off of the information. Also, I have the option to pick the classes the interest me even in my final semesters of finishing my degree. I don't need to sit through a class for an entire semester that is completely uninteresting to me. I love UCF for the options they provide for their students.

Danielle

I love all of my classes. All of the teachers here at UCF are awesome and really care about their students

Olivia

Right now, I'm enrolled in Developmental Psychology, English Comp 2, Statistics, & Macroeconomics. I'm a psychology major, so I love Developmental Psych. English Comp is a laid-back class where I am allowed to state my opinions freely. I have a great stats professor who is very clear and organized. He makes the class easy to attend. Lastly, I'm not a fan of macro, but I need to finish it in order to get a Business minor!

Shonn

My classes are great and i love the professors. There's a lot of academic freedom.

Dustin

Classes at UCF are educational. I wouldn't say they are easy and I wouldn't say they are hard. The class difficulty varies by professor and major. On the majority, they are very useful and you can learn a great deal in each class. There are a few professors in the engineering department that are poor teachers and their classes are more difficult. Most professors are more than willing to help any of the students that come to their office. Don't be afraid to ask.

Scott

I am currently working on my major in marketing and a minor in real estate, and my classes are hard! I study just about everyday for at least a few hours per day just to stay on track with all of my courses. I am taking business finance, real estate fundamentals, international business, and quantatative business tools 1. All these courses together is not an easy semester! its alot of work, but I am learning alot of material I will use in my near future!

Destiny

My classes this semester are pretty complex and strenuous. Currently, I am taking Statistical Methods in Psychology, Biological Principles, American History, and Developmental Psych. All these classes involve a lot of reading and studying. The class sizes are huge from 200-300 students and they last 50 minutes except for Stats which is 1:15 minutes. My history class is online and it requires a essay each week, a quiz, place marks to add about what I've read on a google map, and a research paper. I honestly dislike the amount of work because I'm not a history major but I am learning plenty. Stat Methods in Psych is difficult because of all the concepts that have to be memorized but it helps with further research and with using SPSS. Biology is lovely and all I have to do is study as well as attend classes to get notes. The professors I have are great at teaching and can give us a challenge!