University of Central Florida Top Questions

Bryan

I have been attending this school for 2 years and honestly this is the best school in florida and easily top 5 in the nation you cant beat this atmosphere with that gorgeous Orlando weather. CHARGE ON!

Chelsea

UCF is a great college. It offers wonderful opportunities with many different majors. It caters to us the students. The environment is student friendly.

marian

it is a whole different step in my education and career. it is very huge which makes it easy to get lost, but with the help of all the staff, every and each one of them, i am sure that as a student i will be on the right track.

Yves

I honestly love UCF, even though ive only been attending the university for about 8 months. Ive become more social than i used to be in high school, during high school i was a very introverted kind of person. Once i began attending UCF i began making friends in my classes, my dorm, and around campus. Therefore, one of the reasons i love this university is that it allowed me to get over my social anxietys and just go out and do things. The classes at UCF are more rigorous then any of the classes i took at a community college or in highschool, but putting in effort and studying you can acheive a high gpa and succeed in the university. The dorms are nice there are different types of dorms all around campus; ones where you have your own room and bath, your own room and shared bath, or shared room and shared bath. My first semester here i shared a room and bath and ended up making a friend for life.

glenda

I love how many departments there are all throughout the school. There is always someone available to answer my questions.

Jillian

If i had one complaint about UCF it would be that its very large and the classes are hard to get into. Because UCF is so big classes have a limited amount of spaces and sometimes it can be hard to register for the necessary classes. Hence where UCF got its name "U Can't Finish" Most classes are only offered in Spring OR Fall so if you fail to get into a class you are forced to wait an entire year before you can try again.

I love University of Central Florida. Being in Orlando there is so much to do in your spare time. To the west 30 minutes are world class attractions such as Walt Disney World, Universal, and Sea World. Being so close to these makes really fun weekends with lots of great memories. To the east 45 minutes is the Atlantic coast line. At the end of a stressful week it is great to be able to go a chill out in the sun at the beach. The only thing I would change about the school is its transportation to all these opportunities for fun in the sun. For a student without a car it is really hard to get anywhere. There are buses that run to and from Waterford Lakes on the weekend which allows for shopping, dining out, or a movie. Other than that though there isn't really transportation anywhere else. UCF is relatively young school. It was founded in 1963 as Florida Technological University. Being such a young school there is definitely a more rejuvenating, alive, and excited vibe to the campus compared to other campuses I've visited. UCF is the second largest school in the nation but it certainly doesn't feel that way. The campus is small and intimate, you can get pretty much anywhere within about 15 minutes. It never feels crowded but you also have the chance to meet someone new everyday. When I tell people I go UCF it is a mixed response. I am originally from Colorado so some people are shocked at the distance. Most people actually don't know about UCF but when I tell them it is in Orlando they are pretty jealous. I spend most of my time on campus in my dorm with my friends. I am part of a special learning community so we have the opportunity to take classes together and go to special events together. Besides my dorm I also spend a lot of my time just walking around campus. I love just watching and exploring because I see something new everyday. Everyone, including me, is proud of UCF and all our traditions.

Ashly

My UCF experience has been great so far. Though it is a very large and spread out campus it is all centered around the Student Union which is very helpful. No matter where you are you can find your way their and get to your next destination. This also lends to a lot of hang out space for the students. Whether you want to sit by the reflection pond and read, study in the library, or just catch up with your friends in the breeze way or the Union, there is a place for you. There is definately a lot of school pride and activities on campus to keep it up. From movie nights, concerts, Late Knights (which is like a carnival), to ice skating rinks in front of the stadium, there is plenty to do. The location is also great for college students. All of the major theme parks are within 30 minutes of the campus and students majoring in hospitality can get internships to any of them. Not to mention there are tons of restuarants and hang out spots minutes away. Most of the complaints are about counselors from the first year advising but this pertains to specific people (they are still working out the bugs). From my experience you can get wrong information from people who really dont know how to answer your questions but try to anyway. This includes locations of buildings to even who you need to speak with about a problem. Luckily though they are willing to work with you. So far our biggest issue has been underage drinking. We have had a girl die after a frat/sorority party that caused a big uproar but the administration is working to change it.

Ashly

Breana

I love everything about the University of Central Florida

ashley

I am enrolled at the University of Central Florida. But I go to one of the regional campuses. I get all of the benefits of a large university without all of the busyness. I love that the school has an orientation before you start classes. It helps out learn where everything on campus is and what the school is all about. I found it to be really helpful.

Kimberly

Overall University of Central Florida is an amazing school. The number one feature I love about this school is that everyone is friendly. One of my friends transferred from another Florida college. On her first day she mentioned how everyone was very kind to her and that she felt at home. The second quality that I admire about UCF is the large size of the school. At first I was nervous about the size but I learned to make the best out if it by networking and making lots of friends. At this school you'll meet a variety of people with different interests. Also, you'll definitely find many clubs, sports, and activities that interest you.

Melvin

I love UCF. It's big, full of beautiful women, it's in the heart of Florida, and there is a lot of school pride. Everyone here is friendly, especially your freshman year, and its easy to navigate around.

UCF is a great school with a large campus and student population but I give them credit on creating so many programs that bring students together whether it be student government or "Late Knights" a program once a monthh open to all students to come and have fun. The one experience that I will alwasy remember is UCF's homecoming tradition of jumping into our large reflection pond once a year on the eve of our homecoming game. The experience is surreal and unforgettable having thousands of students within this reflection pool just having fun with one another it made the school feel more close. When I tell people that I go to UCF they usually know someone who also went there, the school has become very popular within the state of Florida.

Laura

I honestly LOVE UCF! It's an amazing school with something for everyone to do. It might be a big school but you are sure to make a friend anywhere. UCF has many activities every day ad if you don't want to stay on campus Orlando is amazing, you can go to a theme park, drive down to the beach or even go shopping.

The University of Central Florida is a school that serves more than 50,000 students, and has among the largest student body of any other university. Although this means that all of the general education classes are taught in auditoriums of about 300 students, it also means that there is a lot of opportunity. With over 300 different clubs and the location of the main being less than an hour from Disney, it provides students with many opportunities to get involved or find a job. The hardest thing, in my opinion, for many people to cope with is the student body size. In your first two years of school, you have very little one-on-one interaction with your professors since class sizes are so large, the campus can be somewhat difficult to navigate sometimes, and you might feel a little lost in the crowd. However, UCF has many different degree programs and has a lot of really great professors with amazing accomplishments. In the end, it is truly up to the applicant, a large school can be a good thing if you have the initiative to go out and apply yourself in getting to know people, but if a small, intimate classroom is preferred, UCF might not be the best option.

Jamie

I think the best thing about this school is everything it has to offer. I immediately got involved on campus with Greek life and that has expanded who I know. When I walk through campus I say hi to so many people a day and this would not have happened if I did not become greek. As large as my school is, being greek makes it so much smaller. Most of my time on campus is spent in the class rooms or trying to find parking. When I lived on campus I would sit in the union with my friends and fellow sisters to eat lunch but as you grow older you have more things on your plate such as a job and an internship that I dont have the hour or two just to sit down and really enjoy the union like others do. There is a lot of school pride and we see that for the tailgates and especially during homecoming week when we all are able to run into the fountain as a school tradition. The biggest complaint this school has is the parking. We all hope and wish they would do something about it as as the school gets bigger you would think they would but they havent yet.

Raul

That students at my school are all about partying and that any test can be passed by cramming. At my school the stereotype is that UCF is a party school for engineering students, frats are all about drinking games, and that stoners don't have any motivation. In reality some aspects of these stereotypes are true but not completely true. For example, although UCF is the second largest campus in Florida and was rated as a top party school the students do actually get a lot of work done especially when it comes to grades. UCF is more than just an engineering school, I started as an engineering student but now I'm a business Finance major. Greeks are not just about parties, although they host tons of events its usually to raise money for good causes such as raising money for AIDS or cancer. Ofcourse at UCF sports is a biggie but not before the athletes help out the community through fundraisers for those less fortunate. UCF students are very involved with the community, our programs are top notch, and we definitely do know how to celebrate.

Dominique

I attend the University of Central Florida. I absolutely love the campus and the Orlando area. No matter what, there is always something for you to do. Orlando is the perfect mix between city life and the country. There is downtown Orlando where you can find the clubs, comedy shows, concerts, sports games or you can go the opposite direction to Oviedo which is just minutes from UCF where you can enjoy airboat rides, fishing and horseback riding. UCF is close to the Orlando theme parks too! You can even buy discounted tickets to the parks from the school. If you want to surf or enjoy the beach, you can be there in under an hour. I love the location of UCF, no matter what you want to do, you can find a place to do it. Due to Orlando being a tourist destination, there are also plenty of jobs available. University of Central Florida is one of the largest schools in the country, so class sizes can get large when you are taking general education classes. For example, my biology class was over 300 students, but I was still able to talk to the professor. UCF also offers free supplemental instruction for many of the larger general education classes, which I highly suggest attending. Although our university is considerably large, I have also had classes that only have 25 students. One of the biggest complaints about UCF from students and faculty is the parking situation. Depending on what time you go to campus you can either find a parking spot within seconds or you can spend up to a half hour circling looking for a parking spot. Overall I highly recommend attending the University of Central Florida. UCF students are friendly and show a great amount of school pride. UCF offers a balance between the large campus experience while also making sure you get quality time with your professors. I can honestly say that I have fully enjoyed my experience at UCF.

Milad

UCF is a great environment. With the size of the school, both in student count as well as campus size, there is always something to enjoy. The amount of student organizations is amazing and they cover so much ground. We are up-and-coming in in every way and people love to hear that I am attending UCF. And this is no college town, its a city in itself; that is run very well if you ask me. Although the campus is huge, there is always a map around and 100 students who are willing to give you directions. The administration is great, and a large amount of the employment on campus are actual students who are committed to helping out. Walking around campus, you will be sure to find yourself surrounded in black and gold and UCF all over. Unfortunately so many pluses, there is one minus: Parking. However even this "inconvenience" has become a part of our school culture as everyone jokes about how parking is such a difficulty. Teachers have noted the problem and usually give leniency when it comes to this as they do understand that with such a large volume of students, even the double digit parking lots that we have are sometimes not enough. The academics are great, the gym is great, the social life is great, and that makes the whole experience very worth while.

Thomas

Going in order of "Some things you may want to think about... The best thing about this school is that it is located in a very large market area that provides more intern and job opportunities while in college and after graduation, as opposed to Gainesville, which is strictly a college town. I would change the school's passion for school sports, such as football. I would also change the administration's negative view and restrictions on greek life. Seeing as greeks are the leaders on campus and do a majority of the community service and philanthropic events. MY SCHOOL IS TOO LARGE. Individual's reaction to me attending THE University of Central Florida is that it is gaining in reputation and that it is getting harder and harder to be accepted to. Considering I live in the Sigma Chi house and it is on campus, this is where a majority of my time studying or being social is spent. Other than my residence, my duties as Senator in SGA require me to be in the SGA Office in the Student Union. NOT A COLLEGE TOWN BUT GETTING THERE. The administration seems to not care about individual students, but seems to care more about the bigger picture. Due to the sheer size of the University, i cannot blame them. I'm not here to speak on controversy. The amount of school pride really depends on the student. I know I like to go crazy at the basketball games, but some enjoy rooting for our knights in the comfort of their dorm rooms. THE University of Central Florida is unusually located in the heart of the service industry, Orlando. Imagine attending college 20 minutes away from Disney World, Universal Studios, The Titanic Experience, and the largest McDonald's in the world. I'll always remember my initiation into Sigma Chi. Parking on campus is the biggest student complaint.

Calen

I think UCF is a good school, although quite large. It's basically its own city, and that can be intimidating to some people. On the odd occasion, I have received negative reactions when I mentioned UCF, as some former students like to call it "U-Can't-Finish." This is in reference to the administration, as some people have had issues with advising. I feel the opposite though, as UCF has been excellent to me in all aspects. I've enjoyed the majority of my teachers, and the advising has been consistently helpful. When I was on campus, I spent the majority of my time in the Library and really enjoyed it. There's plenty of computers, places to get food, and it's not too loud. Plus, the seating is quite comfortable and compatible with a laptop. As for pride, UCF has a significant amount of Knight pride. We've won a few football championships, and have done well in other sports, and many students are proud of that.

Katherine

I cannot speak more highly of this school. Although we are a huge university and it can be overwhelming with the sheer number of students at the school and the size of the actual campus there is no better school to attend. I would definitely say that the only thing that could be changed about UCF would be the communication between departments, it can be at times confusing trying to schedule your classes for the upcoming semester between first year advising and your majors advising as well as school requirements outside your major to graduate. That being said the school offers as much as possible on campus ranging from a completely up to date student union, often referred to as the study union to a wide variety of restaurants to chose from to grab dinner at. The school gives ample space for students to spread out, create study groups and study material for class regardless of the building they are in or where on campus they want to be. The school offers more to its students than I have seen from many other schools and truly cares. Overall this school offers everything a college student could ask for. A wide variety of things to do on campus (including but not limited to kayaking or canoeing on Lake Claire), places to study and places to catch up with classmates and friends.

Justin

My overall opinion of UCF is generally positive. For the most part, my experiences with instructors have been positive, with maybe one or two exceptions, but for the most part, instructors and members of the administration who I've interacted with have been nice people who've at least meant well even if they haven't always been able to help. The main reason I like UCF is the same reason I wound up selecting it over other schools that had accepted me--the UCF campus boasts almost countless amenities. There are bookstores, printing labs, two cafeterias and countless restaurants, and a full state of the art recreational gymnasium, just to name a few of the more major ones. However, there are a few aspects of UCF that some might be uncomfortable with. A lot of student business with the school is conducted via the MyUCF website, including signing up for classes, which could make it easy to forget to do something important. Also, a word of advice about living arrangements--if you can help it, avoid living in on-campus housing. None of the rooms I've seen on campus had even decent square footage in their bedrooms. Finally, you can expect to be extremely busy during the later parts of each semester--the workload tends to start out easy then increase dramatically as the semester marches on. Overall, UCF is a good school, with lots of good amenities both on campus and nearby, but it relies a lot on technology and probably isn't for people who are going to slack off.

Carl

Speaking with candor, I am simply in love with UCF. I am enamored with literally every facet associated with my school, from engaging in activities which call for the demonstration of school spirit such as football games even to spending the wee hours of the morning in the library cramming for exams. Perhaps the best thing about this school is that it is always expanding, always becoming more and more improved seemingly on a daily basis. Being the second largest University in the nation in terms of population, UCF always offers the chance at meeting new people. In addition, I love the campus itself. From the Recreation and Wellness Center to the Student Union (my personal favorite), there's always so much to do and an endless plethora of ways to keep oneself entertained. Each time I tell someone that I go to UCF I always bask in joy because every bone in my body truly loves the college experience that it has brought me! I have no complaints about attending, as administration, individual professors, and the electrifying school spirit has it wonderful to be a Knight!

alina

UCF has the second largest enrollment in the country with more than 50,000 students just this year, clearly indicating how large this school really is. A commendable quality about the university is how they know what to do in order to cater to their growing population. They're constantly adding to the infrastructure, for example new parking garages, extension to the recreation and wellness center, a possible second student union, etc. On the other hand, UCF is a relatively young school, less than 50years old, yet it is giving all the other competitor schools in Florida a run for their money. Since I am a student senator, I know a little more than the average student about my university. Whenever I talk about UCF to other people, I mention all the directions we are excelling in. Our hospitality program at Rosen is one of the best in the country. People are slowly getting on board with UCF since we have been able to produce amazing students with successful schooling and degrees just from our programs. The recent controversy at school has to do with state wide budget cuts, which has scared a lot of students and faculty. But the administration has been comforting and clear about what's going on, which helps somewhat in the sense that we know what to expect. Every thursday night we have our senate meetings from 7pm to 11pm. I feel like the proudest Knight one can be because I get to learn about student needs, achievements, complaints, suggestions, requests, and everything in between. It's such a learning experience and a great way to give back to my school. The University of Central Florida has so much to offer to each and every student. There is not one activity, one resource, or one part of campus where one cannot find information about all of its achievements. You can't walk around campus without seeing at least 10 students displaying their school pride with UCF Knight sports jerseys or t-shirts. So much pride and joy for the university as a whole is experienced by taking a mere few steps onto its beautiful campus.

Miranda

My overall opinion of UCF is that it is an amazing university and a life changing experience to be a part of. When I was first applying to colleges I will admit that UCF although one of my choices was not one of my top choices. One reason was that I wanted to go to a small college and I knew UCF was the exact opposite. Another reason was that I wanted to get into the prestigiously known and hard to get into UF. Having been accepted to UF I went and toured the campus and it was not what I expected and then I decided to tour UCF and I never could have imagined how amazing and perfect the school was. I love absolutely every aspect of UCF from the classes, campus, professors, staff, sports, the location, just everything about this school. I realized that even though UCF is one of the largest universities there are small classes available and I knew that once I toured it was the right choice for me. The total atmosphere is great and I can honestly saying that choosing UCF is one of the best decisions I have made in my life and I encourage anyone even if you are not thinking about UCF to come tour it and you might just fall in love.

Miranda

Miranda

My overall opinion of UCF is that it is an amazing university and a life changing experience to be a part of. When I was first applying to colleges I will admit that UCF although one of my choices was not one of my top choices. One reason was that I wanted to go to a small college and I knew UCF was the exact opposite. Another reason was that I wanted to get into the prestigiously known and hard to get into UF. Having been accepted to UF I went and toured the campus and it was not what I expected and then I decided to tour UCF and I never could have imagined how amazing and perfect the school was. I love absolutely every aspect of UCF from the classes, campus, professors, faulty, sports, the location, just everything about this school. I realized that even though UCF is one of the largest universities there are small classes available and I knew that once I toured it was the right choice for me. The total atmosphere is great and I can honestly saying that choosing UCF is one of the best decisions I have made in my life and I encourage anyone even if you are not thinking about UCF to come tour it and you might just fall in love.

Melissa

Don't get me wrong, I love going to UCF, but I don't want to go here forever! An overwhelming stereotype is that students can't graduate because they are always missing one class at the end of the semester. Also, people say that it is under construction forever, which I personally appreciate because I know that we are expanding to bring in even more students. I love the pool, the recreation and wellness center, the campus, the buildings, the professors, and most of all the class sizes. Being a language major, I have small class sizes, around 25 people or less. I feel like I have the best of both worlds, a feeling of closeness between my classmates, and I have the option to meet somebody new everyday walking around campus. It is definitely a college town because everywhere you look within miles of the campus are groups of students. I love being a part of a college town and the opportunities to always socialize amongst my peers.

Danielle

I love my University. I hope to continue my graduate studies here.

I am a Junior at UCF and I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience so far. Once you get into your core classes and are in your major the courses are so interesting. I have only had a select few professors that I had issues with and for the most part all professors are caring and want to help you. One thing I would change would be getting in touch with the financial aid department. It is a nightmare to deal with them between scholarships and loans. The other issue is parking. It has definitely gotten better, but it is still a hassle. This is a very large school and coming into it you have to know and understand this. The large campus feel doesn't bother me, but some people don't like it. There is a lot of spirit and pride at UCF. Homecoming week and football games are huge. So many supporters come out dressed up in their UCF colors to represent our school. UCF is really expanding and becoming a well known school. It is getting tougher and tougher to get in. It is one of the largest schools in the nation and a great place to get your education.

Elaine

Its a good school overall with high academic and integrity standards, but classes are very impersonal. No teachers know their students names, even in the smaller classes.

Olivia

Many people may think that UCF is too large, I disagree. A community is only as large as you make it out to be. You may see yourself surrounded by thousands of people, but aren't there millions in the world anyways? Find your friendships, and root yourself in eachother, that way you will never be distracted by the chaos around you. UCF is conveniently located close to Cocoa beach, the Orlando International Airport, and all of the Orlando theme parks. Every kind of resturant you could think of is probably one mile within the UCF campus. Because Orlando is a tourist destination, it's extremely easy to find fun activities that allow you to take the necessary break from school work when stree starts to hit. There is a wide variety of individuals at UCF, so if you think you won't fit in, you're wrong. The number of clubs and organizations is outrageously high, for example, there's even a club dedicated to "chocolate lovers." I found it very easy to make friends and attend club meetings as a freshman, because most students are very friendly and welcoming! The campus is beautiful, and if you haven't seen the infamous Reflection Pond, I suggest you google it. There are amazing resources that are offered by the school that aid in career development, social development, and emotional help. The recreation center is huge and offers a variety of classes like yoga, spinning, zumba, and washboard abs. Overall, The University of Central Florida is wonderful. If you don't believe me, look at how fast the number of enrolled students is rising.

Shonn

I think UCF is a great school filled with opportunities.

Kayla

UCF is a great place. It is huge and super diverse. There have been some recent issues with cheating and hazing but a few bad apples on campus shouldn't ruin your experience here. The place is so big that the possibilities of meeting friends and becoming part of clubs that interest you are endless. You can literally find people from all walks of life as well as join a club or group for pretty much any interest. Also, I must mention that because the school is so large, there are plenty of fun and interesting classes to take outside of your major that can meet any schedule.

Kayla

Dustin

UCF always has some sort of event going on, be it sport or small organization related. There is a huge sense of pride when it comes to UCF Athletics, you can always find people on campus sporting Black and Gold in a variety of ways. UCF isn't just limited to showing sports pride. With hundreds of campus organizations you can almost guarantee there is a group on campus that will work for anyone...be it American Society of Civil Engineers, Greek organizations, The Burnett Honors College, Urban Gaming Club, PreProfessional Medical Society, or the LGBT organization: EQUAL. Every organization is prominent and you can always find representatives hanging around the Student Union, which is like the hub of our little city-style campus. Everything revolves around the Union. Overall, everything here is great! The education, the atmosphere, and the people.

Trevor

Overral, I would honestly have to say UCF is an amazing college. We really hold up to the saying "UCF Stands for Opportunity".

Ian

UCF not only has an amazing campus, but has a whole surrounding city as well. Orlando is huge and there's tons to do! From going to Disney and Universal Studios to clubbing downtown, there's something for everyone. And that's all off campus…on campus it's just as diverse, yet self-contained. It's shaped in a circle so it's very easy to walk around campus and get to the places you need to quickly. The only problem I'd say is parking, there's just not enough of it. I'm lucky enough to find a spot every time I park on campus but it's really a draw, but that's a common problem on almost every college campus nowadays.

Scott

I think that UCF is a very good school, people are friendly everywhere, academic aspect is challenging and you learn alot, and there is always stuff to do around here. On and off campus there is alot to do, and friends can be made very easily! There are alot of student that attend UCF but it never is too crowded walking on campus, the only thing to be careful of is traffic. Traffic is really bad between 9-11am and 4-6pm.

David

The best thing about ucf is the opportunities to get involved. I am part of student government, president of a fraternity, and a part of 5 professional organizations. There is something for everyone to do here.

Destiny

The school is beautiful and the people are just as great. Most of all the students at UCF are really friendly and are willing to help when one needs it. The school is rather large and most just say that the school is really nice and I wish to go there. I spend most of my time either off-campus, on-campus in the gym or library studying, and sometimes the union to talk with friends. The most recent thing on campus being talked about is the Lupe Fiasco homecoming concert. Administration and also the people who run SGA are great with campus involvement and miscellaneous events. There's a lot of school proud and spirit splash is the biggest time of the year. I hear very few complaints about the school unless someone doesn't like to walk around campus but there are ways to get around.

Sally

The best thing about UCF is the number of majors and classes open to students. I was able to take Spanish classes and minor in American Sign Language. I was able to take classes within the Social Work dept but also in other departments. The school is really big, which is good and bad. Big schools mean big school spirit, big sports games, big concerts on campus. I spent most of my undergraduate years at the Library near the beautiful reflection pond. UCF is a college town within a larger town. The area around UCF is stuffed full of UCF students (and a huge amount of community college kids that wish they were UCF kids). UCF has tons of school pride but you can only get school gear on campus. The biggest complains are that the school is just too big and you feel like a number. I didnt feel that way but some do. I loved UCF! I really grew as a person while attending UCF.

UCF was too big of a school for me, but I was extremely happy there. I ignored the part of campus that I was never on so that I did not have to face its actual size. I had some wonderful profesors, and overall enjoyed my experience at UCF.

Alex

Big school, lots of options for majors, classes, housing, extracurriculars, friends, everything. I lived off campus and rarely stayed on it for more than my basic classes, however, I was all over the city.

regina

Greek life is amazing and we dont party hard, we study

Annie

I think our school is just right. Many may say we have too many students but I love going to a big school - it makes college that much better. When I tell people I go to UCF most people ask if I party alot and what it's like living in orlando.

Anne

The school's population is just right. I spend most of my time in the union, library, and class. LOTS of school pride.

Kelsey

I would make the entrance to our school prettier. Our school is just right in size. I spend most of my time in the Student Union. There is not a lot of school pride.