University of Central Florida

« See more reviews of University of Central Florida

A person with no integrity, as integrity should the backbone, the foundation of all endevor. A person without the desire to rigorously pursue scholarship. While higher learning is very desirable, there is something to be said for the pursuit of scholarship for its sake. One who has no sense of community. All will benefit from community effort. As the saying goes, "each one teach one." Also, one who eschews creativity, preferring to embrace only sterile , empirical knowledge or facts. A person who attends this school without the drive to strive for excellence is a thorough waste of time and space.

The University of Central Florida is now the 2nd largest university in the country, so I would have to say first and foremost that the type of person that should not attend this school is one whom desires a small, intimate setting with small class enrollment sizes (under 100 people) and very personal attention given to them by their professors. A person who is not self-motivated enough to make independent decisions and look out for "number one" - themselves, should not attend because there are nearly 60,000 students enrolled. Every one unique with their own dream. Stay well informed!

The University of Central Florida is the second largest university n the nation; with a student enrollment of 52,000, UCF is not necessarily geared towards those students unable to deal with “city folk.” The school is undeniably crowded and campus is its own little city, however it is extremely advantageous to get involved and meet people with similar interests as your own. However, I would strongly advise that students who are looking for a more personal college experience should steer clear of this school; its huge enrollment rate makes it diffucult to find your niche early on.

The prospective student that should NOT attend this school is the student that has it in their mind that they must only attend an IVY league school. UCF is NOT an IVY league school. The prospective student that should also NOT attend this school is someone that is looking for an old established university. University of Central Florida is modern and technologically advanced and if you are NOT looking for a modern and technologically advanced school, then UCF is NOT the school that you would find to be suited towards your desired "picture" of the college you find most appealing.

Students who enjoy a small community feeling or have a strict conservative outlook should not attend the University of Central Florida. I came from a high school with about 2,000 students. Now I attend a college with over 50,000 students, and at first, it was a big transition. Those who have a tough time adjusting to big changes would find themselves like a needle in hay at this school. The population of UCF allows for a very diverse campus, which is great, however those with strict conservative views may find themselves opposing various clubs and activities on campus.

I don't believe there is any student that SHOULDN'T attend the University of Central Florida. The campus offers many options for many different types of students. I feel there are plenty of diverse groups on campus, that an individual could find somewhere to fit in while attending classes here. We have become one of the largest universities in the nation. And with our expanding student body, clubs, organizations, and opportunites have expanded as well. As a freshman it can be a bit intimidating, but once you get yourself into the swing of things it's an incredible ride.

A student that is very negative and lazy should not attend the University of Central Florida. The atmosphere on the campus is one of good spirits and there is always activities and important events taking place. A lazy student would get lost in the crowd and not achieve in their classes. Instructors encourage students to make themselves known and participate in order to succeed at their highest ability. A negative student would always doubt him/herself and those around him/her. Students on this campus are well rounded, friendly, positive, and all around active.

Due to the fact this UCF is one of the largest in the nation, a student who is used to a small class size might be overwhelmed on the first day because classes tend to be so large. However, because of the highly educated professors and plethera of outgoing students, many newcomers may find this at first uncomfertable situation, to be one where they can explore within themselves. I find myself meeting many nice students who i know i can form not only study groups with as well as long lasting friendships through our time learning and spending time together.

UCF is not a school a student can breeze through and receive a diploma. A person who is irresponsible and easily distracted by temptations would not be a good candidate for UCF. Being located in Central Florida, Orlando has much to offer. Someone who can be distracted by all the attractions Orlando offers can easily get off track and have thier grades suffer. By this I am not saying someone who likes to have fun should not go to UCF, just simply the student should know that fun is always there, when the time is appropriate. Study first, play later.

The University of Central Florida should appeal to most but for students that want a more intimate education UCF may not be their first choice. UCF is a very large school and the classes are quite populated, as is the campus. The university does, however, offer many kinds of tutoring and help for students struggling in certain classes. Also being in Orlando, the area is always busy and crowded. There's usually a lot of traffic and Orlando's crime rate is pretty high. Students that don’t care for the city scene might want to look at another school.