University of Central Florida Top Questions

Bryan

The most frustrating thing is that how far it is to get to point A to point B on campus ha they should have golf carts excort us to our class. CHARGE ON!

The most frustrating thing is that UCF does accept Visa. I thought Visa was accepted everywhere, to my surprise it is not.

Tarin

The most frustrating thing about UCF is the parking. Majority of the time the parking lots or parking garages are full making it frustrating to find a spot in time for class. A lot of the time you have to leave 30 minutes earlier than normal to beat the traffic and find a parking spot.

Jamilette

The tuition can be frustrating sometimes because at least for me, my grant does not cover the whole tuition, so I have to find money for my tuition and books.

Fortunately for me, I love everything about my schhol!

Student traffic can be quite a hassle to deal with, especially during events. This problem could be solved if UCF hired people to control the flow of traffic.

Denise

The most frustrating thing about the University of Central Florida is their phone service, preferably the staff. They are always so irritable, and I don't understand. This is the job you are assigned to, so how about suck it up, and just be the best at it. It always feels like I am rushed, and I am limited to the questions I have yet to ask.

Carolina

Big classes, therefore harder to get advising.

Raymond

The most frustrating thing would be how difficult it is to sustain yourself if you do not have time for a job if your family is not well off financially.

Dorothy

The most frustrating thing about the University of Central Florida would have to be the issue with parking. The downside to have a lot of students is parking. There are students who commute and need parking spaces. Those who live on campus should not have cars that creates conflict with making it to class on time.

The most frustrating thing about UCF is the work load that you get from some of your classes. Some classes give exams on the same day so time management is key. Even though it is frustrating, it's what you would sign up for when you enroll in any major university. College itself isn't easy but the ends definitely justify the means. It takes hard work, but it is so worth it.

Lucy

The most frustrating thing about UCF is figuring out my niche. It's nearly impossible to decide what I want to study or which extracurricular activity to divulge my time in. With so many opprotunities floating around, I feel nauseated just stepping outside the Student Union. Everyday something new and exciting is going on and I'm having a hard time saying "no" to everything and just studying.

sakena

The most frustrating thing is the lack of opportunities for regional students.

The most frustrating thing about UCF is the parking situation. There are so many students, and so little parking. Sometimes, it may take up to 30 minutes to find a parking space so plan accordingly.

Alejandra

The financial aid office doesn't help out very much.

Not enough parking for so many students

Ebony

Overcrowded. I don't feel I'm getting the guidance that I need.

Felicia

Sometimes it's hard to get to class because there are so many people. They ride bikes, long boards, walk, skate. You name it and it's here on campus. I find myself saying excuse me often. Also, parking is a mission. Get to campus early!

They do not offer life training experiences and many of the teachers focus more on concepts and tests instead of the students ability to learn hands on.

I am frustrated that everything is at main campus. I wish there was more going on at Rosen because it is a little more secluded. Rosen is near Universal and Disney World so students are able to get internships. I just wish that we had more options at the campus I attend.

I love the University of Central Florida and how much it has grown, but sometimes the traffic and parking around campus gets extremely frustrating. You always have to leave enough time before class to make sure you'll be able to find somewhere to park and sometimes if you don't get there early enough you will be late to class. I believe that more parking needs to be added.

I find that "rateing" my professors on their teaching is a frustrating and tedious matter. We students should not be the ones to tell the university how well a professor is teaching. When they ask the students to rate the professors the answers they get are going to directly corelate with the grades those students recieved in the class. I feel that other academic professionals should be rating our professors so that we know we are getting the best education possible.

Junie

Sometimes there aren't enough places to just chill and study because other students have already occupied the areas. My school is the second largest school in the nation, that could be one of the reasons.

Most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that they keep wanting to expand the school but don't plan on expanding parking. It's bad enough that if you drive to school, you have to act like a vulture, circling the students to find parking. Even arriving early can mean wasting time to find a parking space.

ingrid

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the housing on the Orlando campus is too expensive for me, but I believe an average rate compared to many other Universities in North America.

The University of Central Florida does not adequately comply with the financial needs of its students. Speaking from personal experience, I can honestly say that the only thing that frustrates me about this University is the fact that tuition is so high and Grants offered seem to be extremely limited.

If working full-time, be advice your school schedule might not fit your work schedule. School might require you to attend 3 days a week. Try to have a flexible job if you have to work.

Tia

To be honest there is nothing frustating about UCF. There service is efficient and they always give us a heads up.

nedley

theres no authentic food around.

The poor Internet connection that students who don't reside on campus are privy to is increasingly frustrating. Seeing as how the school is so large, and one of the best when it comes to computer science and engineering degrees, one would assume that the available Internet connections would work rather well, especially considering the fact that more and more students are using their laptops to take notes and study. Because so few servers are available, the connection is not only slow but continually drops, or boots students off of the network.

maya

The most frustrating aspect of my school is the Finanical Aid department, they have lost so many of my documents in a one month period that I had to drive to hours just to make sure it arrived to them on time. And then still lost the documents that I had sent them.

Brenda

The most frustrating thing about UCF is the parking situation. During the week it is almost impossible to find a spot without driving around in circles.

colin

Very big school with too many students, class sizes can be very big. Hard to find like minded people as well. Seems like all of these college kids need social events to involve drinking.

Breanna

The most frustrating thing about school has been my experience living in the on-campus dorms. While I enjoy being a part of the many festivities on campus, living with people has become a challenge. I have three other roommates, and we all have very different personalities. Some of us are shy, some of us are loud, and some of us do not clean the suite very well. However, I was blessed to be one of the people with my own bedroom. While it has been a challenge, I am happy that I have the living on-campus college experience.

The out of state tuition

Jodie

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of available parking!! University of Central Florida is ranked the third largest school in the nation, so finding a parking spot around 10:30 in the morning is a very rare thing to find. Fortunately though, I have learned the times to try and get to school early so I don't have to worry about circling the campus multiple times.

Akeem

Parking is the most frustrating thing about UCF because when they built the campus, they didn't properly forecast the number of students that were going to come to the school in the future so the result is that there are students who have to park a very long distance to get to classes or other destinations.

The most frustrating part about UCF is the parking during the first few weeks of classes.

KaShinta

The most frustrating thing about UCF is that there is so much to get involved in and not enough time to make it all happen. UCF has so many clubs and organizations that it is hard not to get involved and even harder to just join a few clubs. There is club for everyone and everything and if it is not already offered then you can start it yourself with a group of friends. I wish I had the time to join and stayed committed to all the clubs I want but that can only be realistic with a few.

Nothing really frustrates me about my college honestly. I guess the typical answer would be how much work you get in college, but I mean do you expect to get a degree without doing anything? I love almost everything about UCF! They are always providing opportunities to the students and it is very easy to get involved here! I don't consider my hometown my "home" any longer, UCF is now my home. Go Knights!

Allie

The most frustrating thing about UCF is the parking. Almost 56,000 students attend UCF and the parking lot is always full. Finding a spot can take up to an hour and can sometimes cause you to miss class.

Sofia

Like I said before, parking. With so many students, there are not enough parking lots in the whole city to accomodate all (exaggeration, but you get the point). On the plus side, they are building a new 3-story parking garage that looks like will be finished this semester, and if you dont want to deal with parking, you have the option of attending online classes.

Nandani

The most frustrating thing about the University of Central Florida is the parking; there is not enough parking for every single individual. It would take me 30 minutes to find a parking spot.

The most frustating thing about this school is the financial aid (or lack there of). I am from a typical American middle class family and because of this I am unable to apply or qualify for many financial opportunities. I come from a single income family with two of the four children currently attending college, thus I am required to pay for my own education (which I don't mind). I just find it frustrating that many scholarships and/or grants neglect to consider families financial backgrounds.

Taeisha

Because our school has a large student population it is hard to enroll in the classes you need, when you need it. Some classes are only offered one semester a year and with only one section available. Some of these classes are only offered on the main campus, so it is a struggle to get in the class. Most of the students have trouble with scheduling. Every semester I had an issue with enrolling in my class. I had to wait in long lines to talk to the ONLY person that can do an override for that department.

Johany

so far the drive to my school is the most frustrating thing about my school.

Aned

The more frustrating thing about the school is that is super big. It is like a small jungle where I felt like small rabbit looking for the right place to be. Despite the fact I had a map, the first weeks I was always lost. The first day, I spent forty minutes walking from one class to the other. Now I’m more familiar with the campus and it only takes me fifteen minutes.

The cost.

How often the textbooks change. I have friends who have graduate through UCF and I borrowed textbooks from them, but I cannot use them because the books have either changed all together or the edition is earlier than needed.

Chelsey

The testing center hours for regional campuses are very strict and I feel like there should be more flexibility.