University of Central Florida

« See more reviews of University of Central Florida

The University of Central Florida is an extremely diverse school. No matter what your culture, ethnicity, or background, UCF offers an exciting and safe home to you. UCF's diversity allows students to accept themselves and what they truly enjoy doing, because along side of having cultural diversity, UCF students have vastly diverse personalities too! At UCF, you will never feel alone, and that's not just because over fifty thousand students are enrolled there. Your professors and fellow peers are always bustling around campus, constructing events and activities so that each student will find their place at the college.

Being a senior now, I really can't say that there just one best thing about my school. Overall UCF is really an awesome, well-rounded university. Just knowing how much UCF has developed since it first was opened in 1963 entitled, Florida Technological University is amazing. The campus is absolutely beautiful. Professors were (in my own gained experience) great educators. UCF's web portal used for registering for classes, financial aid, webcourses, etc. for students is very effective and convenient for students. Students and faculty are very friendly and very accepting of all the diverse cultures and ethnicities.

Diversity and acceptance are emphasized a great deal at my university, as they should be. This focus has greatly enriched my education and experiences. Instead of shying away from different views and experiences, I have been able to fully engross myself in them and discuss different views with others. The professors rarely censor students, and because of this openness, students become more tolerant of others beliefs and lifestyles. The diversity of my campus, and the school's focus on educating the population of this diversity, has been one of the greatest contributors to my education at this university.

The best part about attending the University of Central Florida is the diversity you encounter throughout the campus. Living amongst students from all over different parts of the world couldnt be a better gift. I feel that when you interact with people of different cultural backgrounds you not only learn more about them, but also more about yourself along with self progession. You can now take what knowledge you've aquired and fuse it with your own way of thinking to ultimately finding a better way of solving the abundance of problems you may encounter throughout your life and career.

Walk into any Walmart in Florida, the sight of burly mustached men wearing Florida Gators shirt with matching socks is common. Trying to find the same sense of team spirit for UCF outside of Orlando is rare. With a campus of over fifty-thousand students it would be easy to get fade into another cheesy campus brochure for potential attendees. But at UCF there is always something to do, music playing, or impressive professors giving a lecture. UCF doesn't manufacture tshirts and paraphanalia in bulk but manufactures young people ready to tackle the world. Thats whats best about UCF.

The best thing about the University of Central Florida is the Burnett Honors College of which I am a member. They provide a more intimate environment for the students with smaller class rosters and unique learning experiences through community involvement. The teachers are specialized in their subjects and really take an interest in helping their individual students succeed. Academic advisors within the Honors College work on a walk-in schedule so there is almost always someone to talk to about making critical choices without having to wait a month to get an appointment.

As places of education, Universities are generally very well-equipped. They house libraries, thousands of dollars in computers, state of the art equipment, the most brilliant minds of today, and much more. While UCF does indeed house such things, I believe it has a little something extra. The Reflecting Pond may not be an actuall pond, but it provides a place for a student to relax, to sit out in the grass, under the trees, in the rush of the spray, and listen. A school that understands students' needs for peace, quiet, and inspiration--what more could a student want?

The best thing about UCF is the level of involvement. It is very easy to get involved in one of the over 400 registered student organizations on campus. There is something for everyone, ranging from the Pre Professional Medical Society to Glee Club at UCF. There are also many opportunites for leadership roles as a student. UCF has 3 large agencies that allow students to plan event school wide events and hold their own meetings. These agencies include Homecoming and the Campus Activites Board. If students enjoy government our SGA is the perfect place to get involved.

First off, we have a 150,000 square foot recreation and wellness center that houses a climbing wall, multiple basketball courts, an indoor track, so on and so forth. Our homecoming celebration includes spirit splash, where once a year students are allowed access to get into the fountain outside Millican Hall. Memory Mall, the area surrounding the new UCF arena houses a multitude of restaurants and even a clothing store, and a full liquor bar. Overall the more the student body explores the campus the more they find to love about and find a bit odd or unique.

The best thing about UCF is the way the community is accepting of different individuals. The art program, humanities program, engineering program, math program, you name it, is flourishing. The resources are endless and the help available is kind and useful. I love walking along campus, passing different groups of students in different styles, protesting different beliefs, and discovering new ideas all the while. Everyone has a different passion, and is active in this passion both on and off campus. All of the passions are accepted, even by opposing students.