University of Central Florida Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Central Florida

Brandi

I do not involve myself in most of the school's functions but, I can say that I am not fond of the advising part of the school. All they do is refer me to my schedule and tell me to pick something. I remember when I attended a different college and they sat me down and work through my schedule with me. At this university it seems like they don't care.

Alyson

UCF as a whole is a very generally good school. There is a vast opportunity of options and classes to choose from and many resources available at your disposal all hours. But it’s very hard to get the information you’re looking for if it isn’t a typically question. This can be at great expense of the student, the organizational structure of the university seems poorly connected. There are many things I love about UCF some of the educators truly are devoted to the learning of students. But there are also many things that are very frustrating about UCF. Particularly their exclusion of Asian culture in their accede mix programs, there are no Asian languages offered as a major at UCF but 4 European languages. This was hard for me as a student drawn and interested greatly in Asian language and culture to learn that I wasn’t able to major or even minor in Japanese language. To the general student UCF is a quality school that provides a variety of options and great resources. It’s a bit hard to navigate and understand but as you get used to it it’s seemingly manageable.

Christine

The buildings such as the library are nice. The library has five floors and includes both loud spaces and quiet spaces. Most of the buildings are modern; however, there are a few that could use some reconstruction such as the Visual Arts building and the Mathematical Sciences building. UCF has over 600+ organizations so anyone is welcomed in any space. The honors college at UCF is also amazing; they are accepting of first-year, second-year, and transfer students. The honors college has many opportunities for leadership positions, internship positions, study abroad, etc. The overall environment is nice and calming. The only thing I dislike about the school is that they spend money on useless things such as the spin scooters. I think they should invest their money towards reconstruction and fixing the buildings as well as making the automatic doors accessible and working properly for disabled students.

Nakai

I enjoyed my time attending the University of Central Florida. I learned a lot both academically and personally. I think they offer a wide variety of clubs that students of all majors can attend. There were also so many study groups that were formed as well as tutoring services for almost every class. The professors were available for assistance a majority of the time.

Alejandra

The University of Central Florida is an amazing school and I am so glad I decided to go here. The campus is amazing, the curriculum is good, the teachers are great, and the level of course work so far for me has been very manageable. My favorite part so far has been getting to see all the opportunities the University offers and how there is something for each student.

India

It's a great school with lot's of resources. There are over 50 student ran clubs. Some of the great campus resources include caps, sarc and ucf cares.

Daniel

University of Central Florida (UCF) is a huge campus. This can be overwhelming at first. In order to make the size of the campus less daunting, the college has a very well-designed application that you can install on your phone that will tell you everything going on, at UCF. This application has individual links from dining information, messages from the school, maps with step-by-step instructions to get to each class, activities club and academic based happening for the week on campus, and even a link to check into class for attendance purposes. UCF tries hard to support each student individually and guide them on a path to success. As a student of UCF, you are responsible for all tasks related to your needs and you must ensure you meet the set deadlines for completing those tasks.

callista

Overall, I greatly appreciate the opportunity I have attending this college. The students are hard-working and dedicated to receiving a comprehensive education. We are motivated by professors and staff to achieve our highest goals. They offer so many resources to students and provide a positive learning atmosphere. Go Knights!

Abubaker

UCF is a great University. They have a lot of Majors and degrees one could pursue. The professors are great and they are always available to assist in explaining material that was not understood. The campus is nice and clean, I highly recommend the UCF.

Ivy

The UCF Campus is enormous and a great place to get your work done. people there try and help you out as much as you can. The Food is Wonderful and everyone is just so sweet to begin with it. everyoen fits right in nobady is ever excluded from anyting

Danielle

UCF is a tough school, the offices are not exactly human friendly, the professors do OK, and overall I have to say that I definitely am not overall pleased with my experience. I graduated late, to classes I didn’t need to, and I was left out high and dry by some members who had no idea how to direct me, but Led me anyway. I’d be cautious about applying to such a large school where it’s not exactly people based

Rianna

My opinion of the University of Central Florida is it is a large school, which can be overwhelming but it is easy to get used to, most of the professors are helpful they actually want to see you learn and pass their class. The school is very accepting of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and disabilities, from personal experience I do not feel discriminated against because of my race (black).

Rebecca

University of central Florida is huge. It seems overwhelming at first, you might not know where to fit in. But considering it is so big, you have plenty of opportunities to get involved and make friends. The best advice is get involved. There’s something for everyone here at UCF. And as far as academics, classes have been great for me so far. And professors are always open to providing you with direction.

John

It is an incredible school that devotes time and care to students,faculty and professors. It prioritizes education to the highest degree while also maintaining a great extracurricular and student life environment. The facilities are exceptionally well-kept and highly taken care of.

Bailey

This school is great. I know that because of Coronavirus things are different, including student life, but other than that it is a great school. The professors are very nice and are flexible with students' schedules. Clubs have been online this year because of COVID-19, however there is plenty to do off campus. Overall I love this school.

jackie

I believe UCF has great opportunities for its students and does a great job of making everything accessible. Whether it be the library or the University Writing Center, there are always places to receive help with classes if professors aren't available.

It is honestly the university I been looking for, it is very strict when it comes to academics, but they also have so much school spirit that I love it. When you walk around campus you can feel the integrity, how students are so welcoming, and the big opportunities you have to get involved on campus and with other students. I feel so much proud to be part of this university.

Alejandra

The University of Central Florida is a wonderful university that prides itself on its diversity and excellent academics. The campus life is lively and energetic, with engaging opportunities at every corner with many opportunities to get involved and meet new people. The school offers many tools to ensure everyone can effectively pursue their education and go after their career goals.

Kiaera

This is the right place for me to go to school and i sincerely hope to be among the other three students to receive this award. My goal is to not only go for the education on myths given degree, but to also make connections. Form bonds that would last a lifetime, even network to get a foot in the door at the very least. Most importantly, I want to take that chance at what I love doing. I’d rather potentially fail at something I actually want to do than something I could care less for.

Precious

I really loved my experience at UCF. But, keep in mind it\'s what you make of it! It\'s not worth it to just go to class: take advantage of all of the different clubs and organizations. It\'s a large school, so there\'s a group of people for everyone whether it\'s knitting, business, or baking. If you\'re struggling don\'t be afraid to ask for help. There are plenty of free resources for tutors, resume help, or job search. This school can be expensive, but if you take advantage of everything it has to offer it\'s worth it. Best of luck, go knights!

Camile

I love it at UCF. However, I have struggled a bit making friends because the campus is so big I feel like I get lost in all of the people there sometimes. Professors are great, the utilities available on campus are incredible, and there truly is a club for everything. I am hoping to join a couple different clubs in the Fall, and have been considering studying abroad, doing internships, and getting involved on campus more than I have. There are resources for everything, and they are not hard to access which is even better. UCF cares about its students, even though it's a massive school. UCF is huge, there's no question about that, but there is a lot of love and heart on campus in the staff, students, and professors. I've enjoyed my first year of college quite a bit, and am looking forward to what the next few years have in store for me.

Jose

This university, being one of the nation's elite, is affordable and accessible for everyone! Their education is wonderful, always ensuring that the student learns the most important information that will benefit their future career (based on their major). Their extracurricular activities are enjoyable, and counselors are always available to help the student in anything. Highly recommend to go for the optimal college life! :D

Jemima

It's a great campus with great staff and students but there aren't enough classes for everyone attending such a large school. Ever since I joined the UCF campus, I have felt that my success was of the upmost importance to all of my professors and advisors.

Jeyli

The University of Central Florida is a huge university with a small college feel. It has one of the largest enrolled population count in the country. The on-campus housing is amazing but there is not enough to meet the demand. There is some equally impressive off-campus housing too. When you are a student at UCF, everything is available to you like job opportunities and all that the city of Orlando has to offer. Yet, the university is far enough away from the city to afford a quiet community conducive to academic success. UCF gives students the opportunity to have published academic essays as early as the freshman year. UCF is very welcoming to parents too. Anyone can find their better self at UCF.

Victoria

The University of Central Florida is a school that provides many opportunities for every student that attends this school. I am proud to be a knight.

Dallas

As an incoming student who lives near the campus I can say from tours and the admission experience that UCF is the best college in the state of Florida. From what I've heard from established students, professors are ready to help as well as fellow students.

Angel

Lots of friends to be made at the University. Lots of peers and colleagues you will definitely want to see in the future. The learning aspect on campus is pretty great. If you've never visited the campus you will get lost and that's alright. It's a huge campus and it took me a good 2 weeks of walking around in baking-hot sun and some summer showers to find my way around. My least favorite is how some finals consist of merely 8 questions. You can get 5/8 and have all the work right but a simple calculation error and fail your biggest examination. My favorite part, studying with friends in the library and meeting people from all over.

Haley

The University of Central Florida is one of the biggest campuses school in Florida. It is one of the most diverse and exciting places to further your education. I have visited this campus twice and have already fallen in love with the area around it, and with all of UCFs facilities.

Kristina

The University of Central Florida is one of the largest schools in the nation that offers a wide variety of degrees. Their degrees range from Engineering, Travel and Tourism, medicine, accounting, and so much more. The University of Central Florida holds a strong influence in the Orlando community and its alumni ranges into the thousands. In fact, my older sister is an alumnus. I love the University of Central Florida because it has made furthering my education accessible and I feel honored to be a student and be a member of a large Knights community. The University of Central Florida also has a competitive nursing program that not only helps students become first time nurses, but they also offer an easy to use and challenging online RN to BSN program which I have benefited from. In the nursing community, having a degree from The University of Central Florida, is a valued and sought-after attribute. The RN to BSN program has 10 classes that you can complete at your own pace within the semester time frame and their counselors are easy to contact. Their selection of elective courses also satisfies the interest of many different types of nursing for example they offer an elective course that covers alternative medicine in nursing. Many times, I have had to email or call the nursing counselors, especially without an appointment and they have always been able to answer my questions and guide in me in the right direction. Being affiliated with such a highly respected school makes one proud. I highly recommend the University of Central Florida.

Etta

University of Central Florida is a wonderful college. The school has a very welcoming and inviting atmosphere. Anyone who attends the University of Central Florida feels like they have become a part of a very large and warm family. I am a part of the Burnett Honors College at the University of Central Florida, and it has the feel of a small college within a large university, which is very nice. There are many clubs and organizations at the University of Central Florida. Students are even able to make their own club if it is not already existent. There are always fun events available for students to participate in at the University of Central Florida. There are sports games, dances, club meetings, and much more always happening at the University of Central Florida. Within my first semester at the University of Central Florida, I received so many free shirts. Being a part of the Burnett Honors College at the University of Central Florida is very convenient and comes with a lot of benefits. Classes sizes are usually capped at forty students, which allows teachers to be very accessible. There are many scholarships, internships, and distinguished speakers available specifically for student a part of the Burnett Honors College at the University of Central Florida. There are many food options both on and off campus at the University of Central Florida. My first semester at the University of Central Florida has been very fun. I look forward to even wonderful opportunities during my time in college.

Jillian

It's a good school, with lots of opportunities and options. It has a massive student body, which I personally find to be a negative, but it could be a positive. Food is hard to get quickly on campus because there is more demand than they can handle smoothly and parking is a mess, but the shuttles are a great resource.

Shakira

University of Central Florida is a pretty safe environment as it feels physically, mentally, and emotionally safe. The professors seem to really care about the students and are very active in lectures as well as outside of lectures. Though I have yet to join a sorority, It seems as if they were pretty safe and accepting as well.

Christian

The atmosphere is unlike any college I've visited. To the great dorms and great football field, I'm proud to be a future Knight.

I transferred to the University of Central Florida in 2015, and am glad I did so. I came from a small university, and can say that this school definitely does live up to its expectations. I am a proud student in the social work program!

Valerie

University of Central Florida provides excellent academic opportunities to students. There is a daunting population of enrolled students attending UCF, which can noted in large lecture halls (+200 students) that sometimes make it hard to learn from. However, most professors in my experience are well-connected and available to reach within and outside of class (via office hours and webcourses). There is also a lot of diversity in people, services, events and opportunities (career, academic, extracurricular) to promote the success of students attending UCF as well as first-year Alumni. Overall the environment is very safe, friendly, open-minded, active, and dynamic. I would highly recommend anyone to attend to share the same positive experience.

Christina

I love UCF! Even though it wasn't my first choice, I feel lucky to be going here. The campus is extremely HUGE. It is literally it's own little city, it's crazy but awesome at the same time. Since UCF is so big, the opportunities for internships and such are endless. There is definitely something to be found for everyone. Not going to lie though, on-campus housing is super expensive for the decent dorms, so I would look into either their off-campus housing or an apartment close by. A great way to make friends is by getting involved in a club or a sport. Also, the police puts our safety first, so if you happen to ever feel uncomfortable walking on-campus alone (specifically at night), there is a number you can call for someone to pick you up or walk with you which is great.

Luisely

UCF is a great school for new opportunity and academic growth. It is a bit expensive to attend this school, but the education and campus experience you receive is worth the time here. The people you meet at the school along with the professors are extremely dedicated to professional and personal excellence.

Alyssa

Overall, UCF is a great school. This is the second largest school in the entire nation, so there are always things to do every night - no matter what day. I have loved every professor I've had these past few semesters and the campus is beautiful. I am very proud to be a knight!

Matthew

UCF is a large school in Central Florida with warm weather and outdoor life most of the year.

Brianna

Overall UCF is an amazing school and I honestly don't see myself going anywhere else. However, there could be improvements, especially with academics (like the math department is absolutely horrible)

Tamara

It's a big and diverse school, by diversity I mean the variety, not by population. A lot of opportunities to get better at any skill you want. OK food options, a lot of social events. The campus can keep you busy. Some of the teachers I haven't gotten close to but some have a good attitude.

Michel

Ucf is an amazing school that does wonders to help new people coming in feel welcomed, and what Ucf may not have in-depth of a particular area of interest is more than made up for with a variety of options and activities that help people learn about themselves and broaden their horizons.

Fernanda

UCF is a huge university that is always doing something new and great. There are always a genius coming out of there. They give us the means to be successfull we just have to want it.

Marisa

While the University of Central Florida is the second largest school in the Nation you do not feel like a number. Each college, within the University, has their own advisers that you can make an appointment with to meet and discuss the classes that you will need to take and they are there to answer any questions that you have. The over 600 clubs and organizations on campus ensure that you will find something to get involved in to take your mind off of studying for a little while from time to time but if you're interested in finding a club that can help you within your major, there are many of those as well. The University has many resources to help you be successful with your transition into college and potentially living on your own for the first time without your parents telling you to do your homework or to clean up after yourself. These resources include everything from tutoring to workshops and a bunch of places to eat when you need to grab something in between classes. If you're looking for a day of fun you can go to the Ticket Center and get discounted tickets to the local parks as well as the other fun attractions around the Orlando area. The University of Central Florida offers many opportunities to the students that attend, they have recently built a building specifically to global students that come here. This helps them transition to the states as well as to the university. There is something for every person that comes to this college.

Amaury

Overall, it is a pretty decent school. Campus is huge, it is like its own town with many different places to hang out, eat, etc. There are many things to do on campus; daily events all the time. The only thing I would have to critique would be the size of the classes and how large the population is getting. It's expanding class sizes too much and they have now focused to a majority of their classes being taught online with no human interaction.

Maria

I never would've imagined myself here honestly. Now that I've been here a year my college plans have changed so drastically that I'm adding two more majors onto my Architecture degree and am even taking transient classes. I find so much free-time and continue to get all my schoolwork done in a timely manner. I love the atmosphere, I love the ease of communication. UCF makes high school look 10 times more difficult than college. I made the best choice to be here.

Miranda

UCF is a great community to be a part of, there is always something to do! There are a ton of clubs and professional organizations on campus and it is very easy to get involved. The classes are very good, but they can be on the larger side. This does not impede the professors from being available. As good as the school is if you are not comfortable with a busy environment UCF may not be for you.

Barbara

UCF is a very good school for several reasons! First of all, the professors are excellent- up to this day, I still keep in touch with some of the faculty! They are very knowledgeable and want to see you succeed academically and in life. Second, the academics are pretty rigorous and you learn so much that you are prepared to be successful in your future career and intellectually. Third, UCF is a very fun school- there's plenty of activities and events happening on campus ranging from concerts to celebrity book signings. Even the U.S. President comes to visit the campus! Also, last, UCF is in Orlando, which is an extremely fun and engaging city to live in! Orlando is never short on entertainment, with theme parks, accessible beaches, and educational institutions such as the Kennedy Space Center. Hence, in Orlando you will never be bored; living here will help you to de-stress and keep your mind off of your academic studies on the weekends. Therefore, as you can see, UCF is a wonderful university that is in a great location for students! I l am thus happy that I attended this university and I am proud to be a UCF Knight!

Peyton

It was an alright school, but I kept feeling that it was all very impersonal. When our "counselor" was supposed to help us choose our class schedules, for example, it occurred in an hour-long block where one counselor was trying to talk to 50 students at once, and didn't seem to be able to -really- talk about our individual plans or individual majors.

Caili

UCF is a giant school, one of the biggest in the country in fact, but being on campus and interacting with other students in general just makes it feel so much smaller, in a good way. The people are just so friendly and willing to help you and the campus itself is beautiful. The boardwalk is amazing for those who like to venture in the woods and the breezeway is great for anyone looking for a book, some new UCF gear or just a bite to eat. The RWC is so beautiful and even has a rock wall that is free for students! The dorms are apartment and pod style for the most part and you typically are not sharing a bathroom with more than three people. Oh and let me not forget about how the Student Government Association works day and night for students to get discounted tickets to events such as concerts, movie tickets, and even theme park tickets! There are so many perks to being a UCF student and it feels more like a community than being at school. There are so many clubs (around 600 I believe) so that there definitely is something for everyone! Being a UCF Knight is amazing.