University of Central Florida Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Central Florida

Kiaera

This is the right place for me to go to school and i sincerely hope to be among the other three students to receive this award. My goal is to not only go for the education on myths given degree, but to also make connections. Form bonds that would last a lifetime, even network to get a foot in the door at the very least. Most importantly, I want to take that chance at what I love doing. I’d rather potentially fail at something I actually want to do than something I could care less for.

Precious

I really loved my experience at UCF. But, keep in mind it\'s what you make of it! It\'s not worth it to just go to class: take advantage of all of the different clubs and organizations. It\'s a large school, so there\'s a group of people for everyone whether it\'s knitting, business, or baking. If you\'re struggling don\'t be afraid to ask for help. There are plenty of free resources for tutors, resume help, or job search. This school can be expensive, but if you take advantage of everything it has to offer it\'s worth it. Best of luck, go knights!

Camile

I love it at UCF. However, I have struggled a bit making friends because the campus is so big I feel like I get lost in all of the people there sometimes. Professors are great, the utilities available on campus are incredible, and there truly is a club for everything. I am hoping to join a couple different clubs in the Fall, and have been considering studying abroad, doing internships, and getting involved on campus more than I have. There are resources for everything, and they are not hard to access which is even better. UCF cares about its students, even though it's a massive school. UCF is huge, there's no question about that, but there is a lot of love and heart on campus in the staff, students, and professors. I've enjoyed my first year of college quite a bit, and am looking forward to what the next few years have in store for me.

Jose

This university, being one of the nation's elite, is affordable and accessible for everyone! Their education is wonderful, always ensuring that the student learns the most important information that will benefit their future career (based on their major). Their extracurricular activities are enjoyable, and counselors are always available to help the student in anything. Highly recommend to go for the optimal college life! :D

Jemima

It's a great campus with great staff and students but there aren't enough classes for everyone attending such a large school. Ever since I joined the UCF campus, I have felt that my success was of the upmost importance to all of my professors and advisors.

Jeyli

The University of Central Florida is a huge university with a small college feel. It has one of the largest enrolled population count in the country. The on-campus housing is amazing but there is not enough to meet the demand. There is some equally impressive off-campus housing too. When you are a student at UCF, everything is available to you like job opportunities and all that the city of Orlando has to offer. Yet, the university is far enough away from the city to afford a quiet community conducive to academic success. UCF gives students the opportunity to have published academic essays as early as the freshman year. UCF is very welcoming to parents too. Anyone can find their better self at UCF.

Victoria

The University of Central Florida is a school that provides many opportunities for every student that attends this school. I am proud to be a knight.

Dallas

As an incoming student who lives near the campus I can say from tours and the admission experience that UCF is the best college in the state of Florida. From what I've heard from established students, professors are ready to help as well as fellow students.

Angel

Lots of friends to be made at the University. Lots of peers and colleagues you will definitely want to see in the future. The learning aspect on campus is pretty great. If you've never visited the campus you will get lost and that's alright. It's a huge campus and it took me a good 2 weeks of walking around in baking-hot sun and some summer showers to find my way around. My least favorite is how some finals consist of merely 8 questions. You can get 5/8 and have all the work right but a simple calculation error and fail your biggest examination. My favorite part, studying with friends in the library and meeting people from all over.

Haley

The University of Central Florida is one of the biggest campuses school in Florida. It is one of the most diverse and exciting places to further your education. I have visited this campus twice and have already fallen in love with the area around it, and with all of UCFs facilities.

Kristina

The University of Central Florida is one of the largest schools in the nation that offers a wide variety of degrees. Their degrees range from Engineering, Travel and Tourism, medicine, accounting, and so much more. The University of Central Florida holds a strong influence in the Orlando community and its alumni ranges into the thousands. In fact, my older sister is an alumnus. I love the University of Central Florida because it has made furthering my education accessible and I feel honored to be a student and be a member of a large Knights community. The University of Central Florida also has a competitive nursing program that not only helps students become first time nurses, but they also offer an easy to use and challenging online RN to BSN program which I have benefited from. In the nursing community, having a degree from The University of Central Florida, is a valued and sought-after attribute. The RN to BSN program has 10 classes that you can complete at your own pace within the semester time frame and their counselors are easy to contact. Their selection of elective courses also satisfies the interest of many different types of nursing for example they offer an elective course that covers alternative medicine in nursing. Many times, I have had to email or call the nursing counselors, especially without an appointment and they have always been able to answer my questions and guide in me in the right direction. Being affiliated with such a highly respected school makes one proud. I highly recommend the University of Central Florida.

Etta

University of Central Florida is a wonderful college. The school has a very welcoming and inviting atmosphere. Anyone who attends the University of Central Florida feels like they have become a part of a very large and warm family. I am a part of the Burnett Honors College at the University of Central Florida, and it has the feel of a small college within a large university, which is very nice. There are many clubs and organizations at the University of Central Florida. Students are even able to make their own club if it is not already existent. There are always fun events available for students to participate in at the University of Central Florida. There are sports games, dances, club meetings, and much more always happening at the University of Central Florida. Within my first semester at the University of Central Florida, I received so many free shirts. Being a part of the Burnett Honors College at the University of Central Florida is very convenient and comes with a lot of benefits. Classes sizes are usually capped at forty students, which allows teachers to be very accessible. There are many scholarships, internships, and distinguished speakers available specifically for student a part of the Burnett Honors College at the University of Central Florida. There are many food options both on and off campus at the University of Central Florida. My first semester at the University of Central Florida has been very fun. I look forward to even wonderful opportunities during my time in college.

Jillian

It's a good school, with lots of opportunities and options. It has a massive student body, which I personally find to be a negative, but it could be a positive. Food is hard to get quickly on campus because there is more demand than they can handle smoothly and parking is a mess, but the shuttles are a great resource.

Shakira

University of Central Florida is a pretty safe environment as it feels physically, mentally, and emotionally safe. The professors seem to really care about the students and are very active in lectures as well as outside of lectures. Though I have yet to join a sorority, It seems as if they were pretty safe and accepting as well.

Christian

The atmosphere is unlike any college I've visited. To the great dorms and great football field, I'm proud to be a future Knight.

I transferred to the University of Central Florida in 2015, and am glad I did so. I came from a small university, and can say that this school definitely does live up to its expectations. I am a proud student in the social work program!

Valerie

University of Central Florida provides excellent academic opportunities to students. There is a daunting population of enrolled students attending UCF, which can noted in large lecture halls (+200 students) that sometimes make it hard to learn from. However, most professors in my experience are well-connected and available to reach within and outside of class (via office hours and webcourses). There is also a lot of diversity in people, services, events and opportunities (career, academic, extracurricular) to promote the success of students attending UCF as well as first-year Alumni. Overall the environment is very safe, friendly, open-minded, active, and dynamic. I would highly recommend anyone to attend to share the same positive experience.

Christina

I love UCF! Even though it wasn't my first choice, I feel lucky to be going here. The campus is extremely HUGE. It is literally it's own little city, it's crazy but awesome at the same time. Since UCF is so big, the opportunities for internships and such are endless. There is definitely something to be found for everyone. Not going to lie though, on-campus housing is super expensive for the decent dorms, so I would look into either their off-campus housing or an apartment close by. A great way to make friends is by getting involved in a club or a sport. Also, the police puts our safety first, so if you happen to ever feel uncomfortable walking on-campus alone (specifically at night), there is a number you can call for someone to pick you up or walk with you which is great.

Luisely

UCF is a great school for new opportunity and academic growth. It is a bit expensive to attend this school, but the education and campus experience you receive is worth the time here. The people you meet at the school along with the professors are extremely dedicated to professional and personal excellence.

Alyssa

Overall, UCF is a great school. This is the second largest school in the entire nation, so there are always things to do every night - no matter what day. I have loved every professor I've had these past few semesters and the campus is beautiful. I am very proud to be a knight!

Matthew

UCF is a large school in Central Florida with warm weather and outdoor life most of the year.

Brianna

Overall UCF is an amazing school and I honestly don't see myself going anywhere else. However, there could be improvements, especially with academics (like the math department is absolutely horrible)

Tamara

It's a big and diverse school, by diversity I mean the variety, not by population. A lot of opportunities to get better at any skill you want. OK food options, a lot of social events. The campus can keep you busy. Some of the teachers I haven't gotten close to but some have a good attitude.

Michel

Ucf is an amazing school that does wonders to help new people coming in feel welcomed, and what Ucf may not have in-depth of a particular area of interest is more than made up for with a variety of options and activities that help people learn about themselves and broaden their horizons.

Fernanda

UCF is a huge university that is always doing something new and great. There are always a genius coming out of there. They give us the means to be successfull we just have to want it.

Marisa

While the University of Central Florida is the second largest school in the Nation you do not feel like a number. Each college, within the University, has their own advisers that you can make an appointment with to meet and discuss the classes that you will need to take and they are there to answer any questions that you have. The over 600 clubs and organizations on campus ensure that you will find something to get involved in to take your mind off of studying for a little while from time to time but if you're interested in finding a club that can help you within your major, there are many of those as well. The University has many resources to help you be successful with your transition into college and potentially living on your own for the first time without your parents telling you to do your homework or to clean up after yourself. These resources include everything from tutoring to workshops and a bunch of places to eat when you need to grab something in between classes. If you're looking for a day of fun you can go to the Ticket Center and get discounted tickets to the local parks as well as the other fun attractions around the Orlando area. The University of Central Florida offers many opportunities to the students that attend, they have recently built a building specifically to global students that come here. This helps them transition to the states as well as to the university. There is something for every person that comes to this college.

Amaury

Overall, it is a pretty decent school. Campus is huge, it is like its own town with many different places to hang out, eat, etc. There are many things to do on campus; daily events all the time. The only thing I would have to critique would be the size of the classes and how large the population is getting. It's expanding class sizes too much and they have now focused to a majority of their classes being taught online with no human interaction.

Maria

I never would've imagined myself here honestly. Now that I've been here a year my college plans have changed so drastically that I'm adding two more majors onto my Architecture degree and am even taking transient classes. I find so much free-time and continue to get all my schoolwork done in a timely manner. I love the atmosphere, I love the ease of communication. UCF makes high school look 10 times more difficult than college. I made the best choice to be here.

Miranda

UCF is a great community to be a part of, there is always something to do! There are a ton of clubs and professional organizations on campus and it is very easy to get involved. The classes are very good, but they can be on the larger side. This does not impede the professors from being available. As good as the school is if you are not comfortable with a busy environment UCF may not be for you.

Barbara

UCF is a very good school for several reasons! First of all, the professors are excellent- up to this day, I still keep in touch with some of the faculty! They are very knowledgeable and want to see you succeed academically and in life. Second, the academics are pretty rigorous and you learn so much that you are prepared to be successful in your future career and intellectually. Third, UCF is a very fun school- there's plenty of activities and events happening on campus ranging from concerts to celebrity book signings. Even the U.S. President comes to visit the campus! Also, last, UCF is in Orlando, which is an extremely fun and engaging city to live in! Orlando is never short on entertainment, with theme parks, accessible beaches, and educational institutions such as the Kennedy Space Center. Hence, in Orlando you will never be bored; living here will help you to de-stress and keep your mind off of your academic studies on the weekends. Therefore, as you can see, UCF is a wonderful university that is in a great location for students! I l am thus happy that I attended this university and I am proud to be a UCF Knight!

Peyton

It was an alright school, but I kept feeling that it was all very impersonal. When our "counselor" was supposed to help us choose our class schedules, for example, it occurred in an hour-long block where one counselor was trying to talk to 50 students at once, and didn't seem to be able to -really- talk about our individual plans or individual majors.

Caili

UCF is a giant school, one of the biggest in the country in fact, but being on campus and interacting with other students in general just makes it feel so much smaller, in a good way. The people are just so friendly and willing to help you and the campus itself is beautiful. The boardwalk is amazing for those who like to venture in the woods and the breezeway is great for anyone looking for a book, some new UCF gear or just a bite to eat. The RWC is so beautiful and even has a rock wall that is free for students! The dorms are apartment and pod style for the most part and you typically are not sharing a bathroom with more than three people. Oh and let me not forget about how the Student Government Association works day and night for students to get discounted tickets to events such as concerts, movie tickets, and even theme park tickets! There are so many perks to being a UCF student and it feels more like a community than being at school. There are so many clubs (around 600 I believe) so that there definitely is something for everyone! Being a UCF Knight is amazing.

damari

I love the campus layout! Although everything is spaced out, the way buildings are placed makes it very accessible and convenient, especially with the help of the electric scooters added around campus... Plus, it helps if you are trying to get some daily steps in! The professors that I have had [thus far] seem to care about their students and wants nothing but success for them. This is only my second semester at UCF, and I do not regret my enrollment.

miluska

University of Florida is a good place to start off your college experience. It may be overwhelming at first with such a high student population and having so many people on one campus but it does come with its benefits. Although the classes may be huge and filled with millions of students the environment is very helpful and friendly. Because of such a large number of students filled with different backgrounds, ethnicities and big diversity it is a very helpful and impactful for all students making the university a welcoming, friendly and supportive place for all students. Another benefit is the amazing resources out there for students whether it is related to academics or personal issues or problems, UCF is always there to help you and achieve into a successful student and successful person. Overall University of Central Florida is a great university where you can learn, grow and succeed.

Keisha

Being that this is the largest school in the nation there will obviously be some cons due to the sheer size of the student body. Buildings are very far apart, lecture classes are crowded, and parking is virtually nonexistent. However, there's something about being in this city, full of acceptance, love, and such diversity, that is clearly brought on by the students. The professors are so passionate, you can see it in their eyes. Overall I love this school and one of the best decisions I've ever made was coming to this place.

It's a great school. Lots of diversity and opportunities. However, certain departments are in need of improvement.

Cambria

Overall, I love my school. We have great academic resources. There's always a place to study. We also have a lot of popular places to eat. The campus is huge so be prepared to do a lot of walking. We also have really good extracurricular activities. There are over 650 clubs here so you are bound to find something. I really like my school.

Overall, I believe that the University of Central Florida is a place with great learning opportunities for students. I switched my Junior year, and so far I can tell that there's a major difference in the material and classes. I already feel as if I've gotten so much more here than I did when I attended Florida Atlantic University. UCF has a lot to offer, and it's in a pretty good area for students to have a balanced college experience. They offer something for everyone, no matter what your major is.

I honestly love this school from the moment I saw it. The architecture is very beautiful and the classes are very large and comfortable. The housing on and off campus are very comfortable and provide various opportunities for students to go and interact with one another while living in very spacious areas.

Yaridma

UCF is a great school, but mostly just for Freshman's and Sophomores.

Mackenzie

It's really a beautiful campus with lots of things going on everyday. If you're bored, you're not doing it right. Class sizes are what you would expect, but the teachers are mostly available and stick to their office hours. The only downside, in my opinion, is that this university is very diverse and sometimes is hard to understand foreign language teachers.

The University of Central Florida is a place where students feel welcomed and safe. With over 100 clubs available to students, you can easily find a place where you fit in. Whether its a sorority or fraternity, religious organization, or just an interest club, you are bound to find your group. There are plenty of services available for academics, and we even have some 24/7 student spaces. It is an amazing university that I am proud to attend.

Alexandria

I love the University of Central Florida, they make a point to make everybody feel welcome and safe here. There is also countless organizations and clubs to join here, there is something for everybody here. The academics are great, and the professors care about their students being successful in the class.

I think UCF is a great school but there is much room for improvement. As a psychology major, I feel that there are not enough opportunities for undergraduate research. As a Biomedical Sciences major, I also felt that there was not enough resources being put into lab facilities. For example, the chemistry building is dilapidated yet UCF feels the need to build a Pollo Tropical or a lazy river. I think they need to learn to allocate thei money better.

Juan Camilo

Truthfully, the University of Central Florida was not my first choice when applying to colleges and yet, now a year later after my decision, I can honestly say that I made the correct choice. Being the second largest school in the nation might strike fear into some students, but due to the large size of my high school I have become accustomed to being around giant crowds of students. Being in classrooms where the size can range from 30 to 199 students. That said, that lead me to have a positive review of the overall vibe of attending this school. From an academic view, I have not started in the main courses needed in my major yet but I look forward to them. This school main reputation rests on its engineering and computer science courses, so I have nothing to fear. And what can be said about the dorms. Some were built when the school first opened and can be ranked as average but the new ones, these are barely 10 years old. These are so much better than most dorms in other universities. Designed to make the students feel at home, and not have the prison type feel that other campuses have. I can't say that the school is absolutely perfect because that is basically impossible for any campus. The food in the cafeterias, while being of average or sometimes above standard, can get incredibly repetitive. Our sports team have a small moment of success ever so often, only to go back to their usual losing attitude. The school invests its funds into both things that benefit the school and into some that have little logic. Of course, the idea to build another building for our library is something to celebrate, but then you hear of the plans to make a new baseball stadium and a lazy river for the football players and that just doesn't make much sense. To sum it all up, overall my opinion of University of Central Florida is an incredibly positive one. Incredibly happy to be attending this school.

Jordan

This is a wonderful university and I highly recommend any high school student to apply to this college. The professors have regular office hours so you can talk with them. Also, the Student Union is teeming with tutors that will help you in academics. There is honestly no way you cannot fail a class.

Evalena

I love the University of Central Florida! The environment is very warm and reminds me of home which was very important in my choice of school. The professors are very friendly and go out of their way to help students succeed. There are many tools and resources available for students like career services, Counseling and Psychological services, and UCF Cares. UCF is very community oriented and seems very involved in bettering it. I could not imagine being anywhere else but here. Go Knights!

Stacia

This is only my second semester, but I love it! The advisors are friendly and helpful. The faculty are fantastic. The professors provide you the material to help you learn. It's definitely not easy, but I prefer it over a boring class with everything there and nothing to learn. The professors promote learning. The students, faculty, and staff are committed to creating a safe campus and a healthy environment for everyone.

Katarina

I absolutely love UCF. The student housing not so much though. I moved into a conventional apartment recently and that i love, i would recommend that for people who aren't used to new people, or just want to live with a few friends. I personally don't party, drink, do drugs, or deal with greeks. I would rather cosplay or play D&D on my free days, which there is plenty of that in the area. On top of that there is a variety of restaurants and stores nearby. Even some restaurants will deliver to you too!!!! The professors help you when you need them and always answer their emails. Here at UCF no question is stupid. They want you to try new things and come to them for advice and help. Yes you may get the sour apple, but those are few and far between.

Raymond

Before arriving at the University of Central Florida as a seventeen-year-old freshman, I was reluctant to believe that I could succeed at a place so far (thirty hours by foot) from the abode I had known since the age of six. I struggled with the notion that I had to, though not entirely, start over. Today, as a second-year mechanical engineering student and proud member of the Knight community, I can wholeheartedly say that starting over isn’t as impossible as sometimes perceived. The student comradery and core beliefs (accent on academic excellence and community) at this university are second to none, and continue to sculpt me every day into a workplace-ready man. UCF is composed of supportive broadminded scholars, the student academic research center, top-notch libraries, countless extracurricular activities, along with comfortable on-campus living accommodations, all of which have reinforced that I made the right choice when selecting UCF. Many colleges have the same perks, and in some cases, offer more, but what sets UCF apart is that it still feels like home, which is the main reason it’s the perfect fit for me. UCF is where I learn, study, relax, grow, and ultimately, in the words of Dr. Millican, will “Reach for the Stars”.