Warrensburg, MO
University of Central Missouri

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Missouri

Adam

I came to University of Central Missouri, because it's a smaller university in a small town. I did this to keep me focused on my studies since I'm not much of a partier. So far, I have two favorite professors. One of them teaches Public Speaking and her name is Kelsie Howard. The other teaches Introduction to International Studies and his name is Mickael Makara. These two are always on top when it comes to getting us all involved.

I think the University of Central Missouri was a great choice for me. It fits my needs really well. The best thing that I like about it is the class sizes because it is about the same size as my regular high school class. I find that the professors are so helpful, and most of them do not have a problem answering questions. Although there are parties sometimes at night, it isn't uncool to not go to them. There are plenty of people who choose not to party.

Katherine
Review of the University of Central Missouri

Review of the University of Central Missouri

I love the class size here. You get to know your professors and most of them really care about your success. I love the school, but I do not like the town it is located in.

The choir program that I am in. We have been selected to perform at several large venues this semester. Our choir director, Dr. Zabriskie, is a wonderful teacher.

Do not attend this school if you have to live in a big town to be happy.

Someone who is motivated and enjoys getting to know their classmates and teachers.

Certain people are placed in your life at different times. Just because they won't be there forever doesn't mean they weren't meant to be there at that time.

erin
UCM is a wonderful school!

UCM is a wonderful school!

Almost every teacher I've ever had here took a great interest in helping students learn. The town itself is a little boring but you can always find something to do on the weekends like parties or pine street. The business program is accredited with the same accreditation as Harvard, so you get a great education!

Latrice
You're Welcome

It's awesome, great vibes and affordable!

You're Welcome

It's awesome, great vibes and affordable!

Jonathan

I often think back to my college experience and how I could have made college so much simpler, cheaper and more effective had I only known then what I know now. The first advice I would give myself is to pay for dual credit. Dual credit is cheaper than university credit and it saves you time in your degree. Secondly, I would tell myself that picking a degree just because you like the topic is a horrible idea. For example, history or theater may seem like fun, but unless you plan on getting a teaching degree as well, you will not find a job. Thirdly, I would tell myself that summers are not for goofing off. Summers are an excellent opportunity to knock out your more difficult courses. Because you can take only one or two courses in the summer, it is the perfect time to get the more time consuming courses knocked out. Lastly, I would tell my earlier self never to trust the university bookstore. Talk about markup! Buy your books online! The key to college is to know why you are there and get out with a degree. Do your research, keep it cheap, get it done.

The University accepts way too many foriegn students. If you are American, you feel like a minority. Do not bother trying to use the computer labs at the library because they are full of international students the entire time they are open and they never get off the computer because they are using skype to call home.

Daylin

University of Central Missouri is an affordable college for students that enjoy medium class sizes, on campus envolvemnt, and a community of people just as driven as you are.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college I would have much to say. First, having a high GPA is powerful. A high GPA can lead to scholarships, honor societies, and to getting accepted into your dream school. Next, I would tell myself to take as many college credits in high school as possible. High school doesn’t fully prepare you for the real world in college, and if taken serious these courses can help you in the long run. Forming an effective studying method, and doing a lot of it in high school, will keep you from being shocked when you get to college. Lastly, I would tell myself that being involved is important. I would advise myself to join clubs that appeal to me, and then devote my time to that club. Doing all of these things while in high school will have you on the path to an incredible and successful college life, believe me.

The best thing about the University of Central Missouri is how the students work together to help eachother succeed. Out all of the classes that I have taken here it has been easy to get a study group together. Whether we meet to be tutored in the student success center, or meet up to share our own knowledge, the study groups have been extremely effective!

Miranda

My school is best know for their aviation program and nursing program.

My school is best know for their aviation program and nursing program.

Calm down! I know that you are nervous about making friends, what the academics will be like, and if your roomate will kill you in your sleep, but relax. Everything works out for the best. You and your roomate are going to be great friends. You will meet lots of people, some will be better than others. The academics will not be nearly as hard as you think they will be. Most importantly, cherish your last year in high school. These memories will be with you for a long time to come. Make sure your friends in high school know thaat you care about them, it will be awhile before you see them again. Remember that there is no time in your life to be sad or mad because you are too busy being awesome. Have a wonderful year.

The best thing about my school would have to be the teachers. They are wonderful at explaining the information and are always willing to help. Of course, they expect a lot more since this is college but they are very fair.

University of Central Missouri administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.