Warrensburg, MO
University of Central Missouri

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Missouri

Latrice
You're Welcome

It's awesome, great vibes and affordable!

You're Welcome

It's awesome, great vibes and affordable!

Jonathan

I often think back to my college experience and how I could have made college so much simpler, cheaper and more effective had I only known then what I know now. The first advice I would give myself is to pay for dual credit. Dual credit is cheaper than university credit and it saves you time in your degree. Secondly, I would tell myself that picking a degree just because you like the topic is a horrible idea. For example, history or theater may seem like fun, but unless you plan on getting a teaching degree as well, you will not find a job. Thirdly, I would tell myself that summers are not for goofing off. Summers are an excellent opportunity to knock out your more difficult courses. Because you can take only one or two courses in the summer, it is the perfect time to get the more time consuming courses knocked out. Lastly, I would tell my earlier self never to trust the university bookstore. Talk about markup! Buy your books online! The key to college is to know why you are there and get out with a degree. Do your research, keep it cheap, get it done.

The University accepts way too many foriegn students. If you are American, you feel like a minority. Do not bother trying to use the computer labs at the library because they are full of international students the entire time they are open and they never get off the computer because they are using skype to call home.

Daylin

University of Central Missouri is an affordable college for students that enjoy medium class sizes, on campus envolvemnt, and a community of people just as driven as you are.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college I would have much to say. First, having a high GPA is powerful. A high GPA can lead to scholarships, honor societies, and to getting accepted into your dream school. Next, I would tell myself to take as many college credits in high school as possible. High school doesn’t fully prepare you for the real world in college, and if taken serious these courses can help you in the long run. Forming an effective studying method, and doing a lot of it in high school, will keep you from being shocked when you get to college. Lastly, I would tell myself that being involved is important. I would advise myself to join clubs that appeal to me, and then devote my time to that club. Doing all of these things while in high school will have you on the path to an incredible and successful college life, believe me.

The best thing about the University of Central Missouri is how the students work together to help eachother succeed. Out all of the classes that I have taken here it has been easy to get a study group together. Whether we meet to be tutored in the student success center, or meet up to share our own knowledge, the study groups have been extremely effective!

Miranda

My school is best know for their aviation program and nursing program.

My school is best know for their aviation program and nursing program.

Calm down! I know that you are nervous about making friends, what the academics will be like, and if your roomate will kill you in your sleep, but relax. Everything works out for the best. You and your roomate are going to be great friends. You will meet lots of people, some will be better than others. The academics will not be nearly as hard as you think they will be. Most importantly, cherish your last year in high school. These memories will be with you for a long time to come. Make sure your friends in high school know thaat you care about them, it will be awhile before you see them again. Remember that there is no time in your life to be sad or mad because you are too busy being awesome. Have a wonderful year.

The best thing about my school would have to be the teachers. They are wonderful at explaining the information and are always willing to help. Of course, they expect a lot more since this is college but they are very fair.

Jackie

Since I go during the day, it is mostly a younger demographic, but still diverse.

The campus is very nice and easy to navigate. The program I am enrolled is nationally recongnized.

If I could go back to my high school self and give me advice, I would tell myself "The real adult world can be scary and loaded with challenges, but there are limitless possibilities of all you can see and do. Continuing your education will help you cultivate your strengths and skills so you can seize many oppurtunities. You don't have to have all of the answers right now, but don't wait because there will never be a day you wake up and know exactly what you want to do with your life. Your vision for yourself will change. Having a higher education will help you explore your dreams to help them become more of a reality . Trust me, you will be far more angry at yourself for not trying new things. You will make attempts and find you were not cut our for it; that is okay. As long as you give it your best, you will be successful and also be able to look back on yourself in those moments with respect and pride, whether it turned out the way you wanted or not."

Leslie

The University of Central Missouri has an excellent online degree program for working adults.

If I could speak to myself as a high school senior, I would encourage myself to have attend college right after high school. I am now a thirty-year-old recent college graduate and I am beginning a master's program to set a good example and to provide a better life for my nine-year-old son. While I love my son dearly and I am very proud of all that I have accomplished, looking back it would have been nice to have a typical college experience - campus life, organizations, living in a dorm, attending a football game, all-night study sessions. I can only hope that my efforts now set a good example for my son and that he will get to experience a typical college experience.

Jachelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would encourage myself to practice a lot more. I'm a Music Education major and am required to perform at a high level. I would force myself to learn all that I could learn while I was in high school, with special regards to the piano, and then enter college at a level the professors could only dream of. I would also warn myself about how having a roommate will be and urge myself to seek out a private room or perhaps choose my own roommate. I just feel like comfort is essential to growth and success in college. The easier you can make your freshman year, the happier you'll be and that will leave you with more time to embrace and enjoy other college experiences. My third and final piece of advice for myself would be to apply for as many scholarships and grants as possible. These opportunities grow more scarce as you become an undergraduate. Overall, I believe that by following advice of other people, there really isn't too much I have to tell my younger self.

The worst thing about UCM is the location. We are in Warrensburg, MO and the biggest store in town is a Walmart. Aside from activities on campus there isn't a lot of things to do in the town and as a result most people go home every weekend. We are often referred to as the suitcase college because of this. Overall UCM is a really great place to be and there is nothing else really wrong with the University.

The most frustrating thing about UCM is the dining halls. We only have two actual dining halls and the one on the West side of campus lacks variety and operates on weird hours during three day weekends. This is frustrating to students who do not keep food in their rooms and are unable to walk to the other side of campus whenever they are hungry. As a result, students are forced to purchase food from places that deliver and still face limitations when ordering.

Demetrius

My classmates are great and vey focused.

My classmates are great and vey focused.

The advice I would give myself would be to study more. I also would say to learn how to get better sleep and practice on sleeping early. The most important advice I would give is dont be scared of college because once you are in the door it will feel like home.

what I had wish I could have known is how badly the food will get after awhile.

University of Central Missouri administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.