Warrensburg, MO
University of Central Missouri

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Missouri

Arriana

My classmates are very enthusiastic and eager to learn, and are polite and helpful.

I have gotten a sense of Independence and I've grown as a person. My experiences in college have shaped me and encouraged me to be very goal-oriented, and have also allowed me to be open-minded about other people from different walks of life, ranging from their views, religion preferences and so forth.

Someone who’s very eager to learn and to socialize with their peers should attend this school, and who is interested of being part of a community and giving back to the community as well.

Iris

So far, I've gotten experience in being on time and responsible, because I have realized no one really cares but your own self. No one is going to hold my hand through everything, or keep giving me more chances to make up for everything. Its either you do it or you don't. Sometimes we need that wake up call. I love college so far, I love the people, and I love how independent it makes me feel. It's nice to feel like you are doing your own thing, your own way.

Mollie

From my experience at UCM, I have gained some valuable knowledge. Firstly, I have learned a lot about myself. A small school environment is just not right for me, and I plan on soon going to a bigger school. I am extremely concerned with helping others, and the environment here does not exactly foster that. I think this is a good school for students who are not looking for a challenge. I would love the opportunity to challenge myself more, and scholarships would be a great opportunity for me to go to a bigger school and further expand my horizons. There is so much I want to do with my life, and I feel that this is not the best place for me to be. I've learned a lot about my relationships with other people. I really enjoy helping people, and I think it is easy for people to talk to me. I've started considering a degree in counseling. Everything that I want to do with my life really revolves around changing the world for the better, and attending this school has helped my solidify my goals and start taking steps to reach them.

The best thing about Central Missouri is the proximity of the classes to the dorms. Everything is easy to get to, and doesn't take more than 5 minutes walking time.

I brag about how cute the clothes from the bookstore are.

Eric

The thing I got the most out of my college experience was, everything I was taught in my classes could be used not only in the field of teaching but for any job I would want to apply for. This has been valuable to me because I recieved my degree in physical education but got a teaching job in the special education area.

The best thing about UCM is how dedicated the facilty and staff are to the university. They are this way because they believe in what the goals of the university are and do everything they can to help the students achieve.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend UCM is one that does not believe in hard work.

Terri

Returning back to school has given me confidence in all areas of my life. I have managed to accomplish a 4.0 GPA over the course of the two years I have attended college. Every semester I am closer to my goal of becoming a behavior specialist with foster children. I started out volunteering at a local group foster home, and this was the catalyst that prompted me to go back to school and finish the degree I started years before. I have stepped out of my comfort zone and I have tried new things. Recently I enrolled in a Spanish class, and now I am considering minoring in Spanish along with getting my human services degree. Being bilingual will benefit me once I am in the workforce because the area in which I live has a high concentration of hispanic people. I have enjoyed every minute of school since my return. I am focused, and I feel proud of my accomplishments. I look forward to transfering to a university next year, and really focusing on the classes for my major. It has been a long road, but I am half way there.

Anika

Attending college has opened up doors that I never knew existed. When I graduated from highschool my view of the world was very limited, I didn't know that there are so many professions. I graduated with plans to become a teacher now I would like to become an occupational therapists. Becoming an occupational thereapists will give me the opportunity to help a variety of people, not just children. Another thing I gained from my college experience is confidence, there were a lot of classes that I never thought I could pass but with hard work and dedication I have. In other words in college I learned to keep an open mind and to have faith in myself.

Mark

I have gotten that my college experience is different from high school since people in college seems to be more quieter. The people in college do alot or multiple work and seems busy.

jordan

my school is a small university in the middle of missouri, most people know each other, and theres not much to do.

The most that i have gotten out of my college expercience, isnt in school but in life. I learned you have to work hard for what you want and never quit, ive learned to be responsible and stay on top of my work because there is no one to look after me anymore.

The People at my school is what makes my school, they come from all walks of live and most are generous whole-hearted people.

Christopher

The college expereince I have gotten has been amazing! I have never meet so many new people and of so many different cultures. I enjoy how all of my professors will help me when I have an issue or need help in the class. If I had never attended college, I would have probably never have gone back to school. I feel that moving away to a university that is over two hours away from my hometown was the best decision of my life. I feel that I have grown as a person and a student over the past year.

The town. If you are looking for a job while in school, it is hard to find a job in this area. The town is very small and not a lot of businesses to work for. Also, for any job on campus, you must be a work study student.

Any student who is interested in a small community with a hands on school atomosphere. Also any student who plans on majoring in Education or Criminal Justice.

University of Central Missouri administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.